My allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!

>my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!
these are two completely different political systems

is Lucas a hack?

Other urls found in this thread:

korea-dpr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>> what is a democratic republic.

A republic is a type of democracy.

He had all that time to set up this conflict. 7 and a half hours waiting for an explanation like this.

The Republic was a democracy, before Chancellor Palatine got enough power to turn it into a Dictatorship.

i'm feeling an Erdogan vibe here...

North Korea?
korea-dpr.com/

>tfw you finally watched Revenge of the Sith yesterday
>tfw you finally realize that when Obi-Wan says he has the high ground he means that morally as well as physically

BRAVO LUCAS ;_;7

I don't get this meme.
Obi-Wan never implies his morality.
He's higher than Anakin and the cinematography literally supports that because Obi-Wan was higher, he beat Anakin.

>WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!

Why were Obi-Wan and Sheev the only likable characters in the prequels?

What was sheevs tax policy?

>because Obi-Wan was higher, he beat Anakin.
ffs you niggers don't get it, It doesn't matter that he is on high ground, there just needs to be high ground for Obi Wan to win

Both were actually fleshed out beyond a single characterization unlike Anakin or any if the Jedi Council like Yoda or Mace Windu.

Anything can mean anything really. That's what words are all about.

they were the only two having fun with their terrible lines

No you idiot. It's to do with perspective, see the Darth Maul fight where Obi Wan believes he has the high ground whilst hanging from that pit.

Obi Wan was the greatest Sith ever because, from his perspective, he always had the high ground. Coupling this with dealing with absolutes he was virtually invincible.

He only lost to Vader in episode IV because they were literally on level ground.

>The Republic was a democracy

No it wasn't. Hereditary monarchs were the senators. Nobody elected Princess Leia or her adopted dad.

Star wars is supposed to be Germany.
The Republic is like the Weimar Republic (Germany from 1919 to 1933 or so) which is also democratic at the same time.
Then palpatine/Hitler gets into power, gets emergency powers and never gives them up

Are you retarded?

Actually, she was elected, and she wasn't the only senator from Naboo, there was also Palpatine and Jar-Jar

>Obi Wan believes he has the high ground whilst hanging from that pit
But he clearly wasn't on high ground though, he just used Darth Maul's high ground against him.

It actually makes me sad how many people are so fucking uninformed that they don't know that Republic is under the umbrella of democratic governments.

>completely different
well thats a little hyperbolic, they are fairly similar

Rotate the scene clockwise 90°.

Flip that

>implying
He was completely fine killing the highest government official on very flimsy evidence. As Sheev pointed out very eloquently, that was treason

The Organas were royalty on Alderaan, that's why Leia was a princess when they adopted her....there's nothing democratic about it.

>Leia
>Naboo

what

For a thousand generations.... I MEAN THOUSAND YEARS

>He's a point-of-view paradigm cuck
I'm not even gonna argue with such a lowly retard

Queen amadala was a ceremonial figure. She needed legitemacy from Boss Nass so she could even have sway with Sheev who felt Anikins force powers and saw an opportunity for unlimited power

>these are two completely different political systems
t. man who says "uh the US is not a democracy it's a republic" to deflect arguments about the flaws of the electoral system

Princess Leia was the adopted daughter of the Queen and her husband was elected Senator.

>reaching this hard

when he was hanging in that pit he didnt exactly have an abundance of solutions to his situation

Clearly each planet had a different system on how they chose their senators

>He's never heard of the Democratic Republic. One of the major political parties in the US 200 years ago

You don't know what a democracy or a republic is. I bet your entire political knowledge comes from Sup Forums. Fucking pleb, you need to start with the Greeks.

People do know the only thing that "republic" means is not ruled by a monarchy? You can have a direct democracy republic, a representative democracy republic, an oligarchical republic, a military dictatorship republic, etc.

the US is a republic you mongoloid

>my allegiance is to the Republic, to a convoluted system of groups of senators (where it is unclear if they are elected or inherit the office through a hereditary line) vote in a vaguely democratic manner

Somehow it doesn't sound better

Amidala was elected Queen of Naboo at the age of fourteen.

You know the more i think about it the more i feel the prequels were a missed opportunity.
Which better characterization everything would have made sense.

You see anakin should have just go ahead and said that the republic """democracy""" was a sham, and he had every reason to rebel himself to that.

Anakin motivation should have been to destroy that political system that had caused so much suffering to people he cared about like his mother, instead of "muuhh padme".

But oh well, such writing was too much for Lucas autism.

He's so beautiful