What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nY6PXoyNP1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pointless world building
>Making Wick autistic.

its like reacher 2

it tried to be funny or sexy, kinda acomplished both but i liked the first without any of that

The pointless intro with the russians
Making everything up to the first major shootout overlong and bloated
Shitty worldbuilding
Shitty villain
Him getting rid of the suit for no fucking reason. (Except perhaps he'd have trouble getting it out the country?)
I still liked it overall because the action scenes were just as good, but almost everything else kinda sucked.
The final scene of him running into the night with all the cell phones going off was pretty cool.

no it isn't

This is a good answer.
My answers being
>40 minutes before John shoots anyone to death
>that montage scene with Shaun's brother where he's ordering guns like a restaurant with knives for desert and other gay shit
>the doubloons currency exchange rate (1 doubloon buys 2 drinks while 4 doubloons buys one of the fanciest most expensive suits lined with bullet proof magic fiber?)
>LITERAL plot armor (why didn't he button his bullet proof jacket even after getting shot in the stomach?)
>too many bosses not enough assassin killing
>shotgun being extremely underwhelming
>bad guy lair in an art gallery for no other reason than to have a cool looking shootout location
>homeless people being greedy liars taking money from people to buy ammo
>John being this mega assassin but is too autistic or too incapable of getting another gun

minutes before John shoots anyone to death

The movie opens with a chase and you're crying about MUH SHOOTAN

>$78m domestic, $128m worldwide
>75 on metacritic, %90 on rotten tomatoes, 8/10 on imdb
>made a lot more money than it's predecessor
>perfect ending to setup another sequel
>pretty good soundtrack

Action kind of sucked because of Keanu's age, car chase scene was pointless and bad, Fishburne's character is pointless too but I guess they're saving him for Chapter 3.

That scene was fucking awful.
>Hey just in case you forgot who John Wick was lets open the movie with this action scene that has nothing to do with anything fucking else to remind you

So, I have a chance to see this OR see Logan, thanks to a cheap ticket. Which one do I see?

Yes there was a 5 minute chase and a 5 minute fight scene where everyone was thinking "why doesn't he just shoot these guys" but what about the other half hour of nothingness?

I haven't even seen Logan and I'm gonna steer you towards that. Wait til you can see john wick for free

the first one was better

They made a sequel. Sequels suck.

John Wick 2 is still more than watchable in spite of its flaws.

empire

yeah it is, i was watching it high af and the cinematographic flaws bothered me more than usual, but the aftertaste was bretty gud

>but what about the other half hour of nothingness?

>they blow up Wick's house and people still complain nothing happened

I'm done, this is a troll thread

Keanu is a really shitty actor. The way he delivers his lines throughout the movie was just infuriating to me.

He's a great operator though

Mediocre story

But it literally doesn't matter because the action scenes carry it

That list of good sequels is short. Also Empire is just act 2 of a 3 act, 3 film story

Oh, we hate this now?

Fuck this movie. Fucking garbage right guys?

I don't get why anyone kept bitching about "WAAAAHHHH WORLD BUILDING IS TOO LONG".

They added world building and expanding story in Raid 2 and I have rarely seen anyone bitch about it.

World building is a meme term that faggots on here use a lot without knowing what it means.

>house explodes in several locations engulfing everything in flame
>john happens to be standing next to a window and gets violently thrown through the glass outside
>LOL DOGGIE OK DOE HES FINE DONT WORRY (;
Defend this. How did the dog live? They could have had a little one second scene of john letting it out to shit first, but no, it was in another exploding room and somehow made it out unscathed.

youtube.com/watch?v=nY6PXoyNP1k

OP here, i dont hate it just wanted to see if someone else was mildy bothered by the try-hardness

I liked it.

The whole franchise is Keanu Reeves' mid-life crisis

nigger it's wrapping up the one loose end from the previous movie.

He killed Viggo's son for killing his dog, but he never got around to getting his car back

Ruby Rose, she's fucking poison

Nothing - on par with the first film.

>>pointless world building
The world building is the best part.

I thought it was fine. it does everything a sequel should, as far as upping the stakes, expanding the story, the world, the action, etc.

it was a bigger, badder John Wick, which is all it could ever hope to be.

That said, if there was one complaint I had, it's that the ending was sequelbait and he doesnt really end up resolving anything.

I mean, the first movie wrapped itself up neatly, and allowed the sequel to expand on the ending. (it starts with him getting his car back, tying up that loose end) they easily could have left his consequences to the third film's set up, but I suppose they couldn't resist leaving the movie on the "oh shit" moment of every phone in the city ringing after John is excommunicated.

it's not a pointless intro. you obviously see the russiand transporting gold and they have many of those boxes that have gold coins in them. the same boxes that one old guy was showing Winston new coins he made. obviously the Russians make the gold coins. chapter 3 will probably have johnatHan going back to that Russian guy he didn't kill at the beginning to ask for help taking down the company. he also had his suit when he came back to NY. he held up the coat many times to block his face and neck

>pointless world building
The subtle world building is what sets John Wick apart from other generic action flicks though

Both movies were only entertaining because of the choreography, but does anyone else think about how keanu literally has the skills to be a killer? His gun range training videos are intense dude with how hard he worked on the range and during the fights I am convinced keanu could literally take down terrorists and bad guys. Probably not to the intensity one man army of the movies, but still

Nothing, I really liked it. Maybe becuase I saw it with friends and had fun.

just think of how many times mooks just miss at point blank range in the movie. Wouldn't happen in real life.

by being the sequel to one of the top five Reddit films

t. 12 year old

"i kill 300 men without a scratch" makes it more stupid than other generic action flicks though

Wick can barely walk by the end of the movie though

Fuck you people had complaints about how awful a sequel this was since release but most faggots were stuck on the hype train.

70% of dialogue could have been cut from this movie and not a single fight scene can even remotely compare to the club shootout from 1.

>subtle
Having Lawrence and suicide lady vomit monologues for 45 minutes is not "subtle.
The first film DID do subtle.

That's because his character was raped lol
>that flashback scene to his wife but his car is in full view taking up most of the screen
I was the only person cracking up

t. """""""mature""""""" 13 year old

dear lord

/thread

Unnecessary dialogue.
Like that Italian bitch before she slits her wrist.

does anyone have a picture of mute girls butt?

dat ass was literally the best scene in the movie

Confirmed for never having even seen the film.

John walks off during the daytime at the end.

Don't fall for the Sup Forums memes you cock-sucking waste of skin.

John Wick 2 is a movie on par with the first Matrix.

Stay mad or even better... guzzle down a bottle of bleach.

All the fuckwits ITT including OP dissing JW2 have the worst taste in cinema known to man. These genuine retards wouldn't know a good movie even if the dvd was shoved up their ass. Case and all.

How the fuck is it pointless? It shows what Wick is willing to do just to hang onto the memories of his dead wife and the life he almost managed to run away to. He trashes his beloved car just for a card in the glove box from his wife. He kills Santino because he blew up his house and took all his treasured memories away. He killed Iosef and took down a massive crime ring just because someone killed the dog his wife left him like, seriously, why is this not obvious?

He keeps getting dragged back into a world he doesn't want to be in and he's just mad.

WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT THE CAR.
It was a shitty intro that added nothing to the movie.

Ares is cute!

John Wick 2 is a fun, good movie. The only thing it's really lacking is the surprise factor of the first movie, as well as the pure revenge motivation of that movie. To be honest that motivation was also kinda silly. Anyway, John Wick 2 is more of the same, and by same it's great action scenes. Looking forward to the third.

>Shameless roastie whore detected.

I would love to slit your throat bitch while fucking you from behind.

Why does no one realise all he wanted was the card in the glove box?

Pointless plot about le wacky assassin organization, no emotional depth, literal filler stuffed in between the action scenes

This post has it right. Lots of the monologues was unnecessary and didn't much to the movie except for awkward pacing.

Jesus christ I can smell the dewritos on your bath.

Feel bad for your disappointed parents.

How to kill john wick
>steal his car
>install standard mob key ignition bomb
>john comes for car
>kills himself like a retard because he just puts the key in without even checking if his car was tampered with

People in here are so desperate to dislike the movie, don't know why though

>john wick knows a million languages
>random text on screen
>the whole thing with tattooed hand ladies receiving and sending requests to the network of assassins
>allowing someone to put a bounty on another, and then hiding in a safe area
>wick able to figure out who the bad guys are at the outdoor concert, with low lighting
>never gets shot in the head
>rarely gets shot in the back
>the scene where wick and cassian are covertly shooting each other in the subway

knowing basic phrases in a language doesn't mean you know that language

Id on jacket brand?

To be honest TNH was shit mostly because it was meant to be infantile and childish, Lucas wanted to sell some toys, not to create gigantic movie franchise.

If he was capable of directing Empire Strikes Back just a while after TNH he probably was just as capable of it back then.

>John is the best assassin in the world and killed 200 men int he movies alone
>gets beat up by 3 teenagers in the middle of the night

Finally this meme makes sense.

It's A New Hope, not The New Hope. Lucas made a film for family and everyone. Nothing wrong with that and that doesn't make it worse than an adult film. He never even directed Empire. I don't think you know much about star wars.

You really don't know anything about Star Wars. Wow.