/peepshow/ general

let's get another Peep Show thread going lads. Favourite lines? Who do you see the most of yourself in? What are some of the most relatable scenarios?

Upon a recent rewatch, I must say I love the ways in which characters are set up in a way that makes them dislikeable. There's a lot of subtle references to the British class system - I'm thinking things like "Portenzia" and "Tea for the huntsmen!"

i want a kebab

I see more of myself in Mark than I would prefer...

After several failed attempts to socialize, I've adopted a policy based on a line of Mark, I call it the "Compound Policy".

>"Just stay mute, Mark, you're a social freak, remain in your compound."

Every time I'm tempted to say anything to anyone in a social relation, I remember this line and I shut myself up. It has saved me from embarrassment many times since I began doing this.

Yeah.. you should probably stop doing that

>tfw a girl I've been obsessing with for months gave me a "you're kind of like a modern day eunuch"

have you tried picrelated?

>"I've got a friend! I've made a friend! Maybe there's nothing wrong with me and I'm just a normal human being!"

Every time.

That's not a good thing

I just started season 5; not a fan of mean Sophie desu.

Hope she gets impregnated by Jeff and they're forced into an awful marriage

not yet, i'm starting to not give a shit enough where I might be able to next time I see her

Although I think she's seeing someone at the moment, so I'd rather not burden her with it if it starts to last

>There's a lot of subtle references to the British class system
Were they subtle? I thought it was pretty clear Mark looks down on others - I mean he sees Jez as being lower than himself.

>if our feet touch, we fuck. obviously.

Laughed way harder than I should've at this

You're going to end up killing yourself

Four naan, Jeremy? FOUR?

Where's the turkey, Jeremy?

that's insane

Don't, bro.

>not using George's opposite system

The fuck are you doing

That's a terrible idea that will give you damaging mental health defects in the long run

Towards the end, did anyone else just get tired and angry of Mark being such a prick all the time? It wasn't even funny or endearing by the end of it all, it eventually just became painful watching him piss his life away.