Common Market NOW!

Common Market NOW!

Who has the most protectionist policies?

Venezuela has starving policies. That's for certain.

Has anyone noticed if you tilt your head to the right, Brazil looks like a big pile of shit?

Argies ofc, they still believe in the "buy national things and don't import"

lmao

Only if it creates thousands of new very useful bureaucrats

Didn't Brazil bully you recently over a tiny bit of milk?

Join Alianza del pacifico or die gommie scum

Please, friends. Rid me of this curse that is the real coin.

Have you seen Argentina's face? just imagine Uruguay is the glans of a penis

Dude weed elemeio

we buy their cars with no import tax, Brazil is the ultimate bro/cuck of this continent, we recently payed Paraguay more for energy just to help them

you can bet your ass that it will

KEK

Don't forget also the oil refinary at Bolivia back in 2008

Integral to any healthy free trade agreement is a massive importer that can act as a market of last resort. Does South America have anyone that's willing to absorb goods like that?

top kek

this. You'd be hard pressed to find decent products at an argntine chain store. It's all imitations lmao. I couldn't find greek yogurt to save my life during my stay, like what the fuck? I can find basically everything everywhere over here

>I couldn't find greek yogurt to save my life during my stay
>muh protein
Stop fantasising 0n

anda a acostarte conchetumare

you want me to go to bed at 9:30?

Only if coke is legal and Peru has the monopoly on producing it

uhm hello

how many times have you guys tried?

Not so fast!

The Real isn't strong enough to absorb the kind of trade deficits you'd need to run to make a common market work. Based on the data, if I had to pick a country that would act a natural 'center' for any South American common market, it would have to be Argentina. If they can sort out their governmental woes, they're the natural regional power. They have a young population (their demography is even healthier than Brazil's) and their agricultural footprint can still be expanded to service growing populations *without even having to move beyond their borders for trade*.

Argentina is easily the US of South America.

kek

ah yes american armchair economists you are really clever do you want to be my friend?

Your country is what it is because of constant war and oil the fuck are you talking about

War and oil isn't our economic policy, it's our security policy, Using military power to keep global trade routes open is how we got everyone else to align with us against the soviets. We've actually swallowed our comparative economic advantages at various points to guarantee the cooperation of our security partners.

In any case, how does it make sense for us to fight wars to get rich? We were already richer than pretty much any European country by the time we entered World War I.

But we already have Mercado Libre :^)

>greek yogurt
we don't need to pander hipsters.

>war and oil isnt our economic policy
ah yes sure your country economic policy isnt basically printing money on the backs of the global demand for petrodollar due to you forcing all countries in the world to use it to buy commodities. And if they dont they get branded axis of evil and get isolated from everything and suddenly they need freedom and other shit like Russia Syria China Venezuela and Iran

We don't need petrodollar crankery to ensure demand for USD. Pretty much all the competitors (the Yuan, the Euro, the Yen) have destroyed themselves. We're the only game in town as far as hard currencies go.

>tfw no ALBA

Sorry but no