PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER

Hello, annons. I'm currently in the mood for a psyhological-thriller/horror film. I'm open to any and all recommendations. If I have to specify, I'd say I'm looking for something like Silent Hill(the games, not the awful movies). Thanks!

Mothman Prophecies.

Thank you both for your quick replies! Mind just throwing a sentence or two about the movies?

both are best to go into as blind as possible

Thanks! Will they mind-rape me?

Here's one you've probably not seen OP.

nah, unless you little babby

have you seen The Witch OP?

I would also recomend The Girl on the Train, it's a little trashy though

and if you want to watch a clasic go for Solaris

You're right, I haven't! I'm guessing the first starts in almost normal setting that slowly turns into a nightmare?

this was fun, have you seen Crystal Fairy? it's from the same director and Michael Cera it's in it too

Exam kinda' is yeah. Without spoiling it, it's essentially a written exam for one of the most highly paid positions in the world, and the people who apply for such positions are usually ruthless.

It spins out of control fast.

Cube is my go to psychological thriller.

Cube went on too long. After the first two movies, it became kinda' clear that they didn't know how to re-invent the concept anymore.

I still haven't, to be honest. I've heard a bit about TGOTR. Isn't it supposed to have a twisted love story. I love that!

No. will check it out. I loved Michael Cera's performance in magic magic

Probably one of the best thrillers you could possibly see.

Don't let the cheesy cover fool you. This is one of those movies where even the most hardened veteran of the genre won't be able to foresee what's going to happen.

Damn, really? They should really fire the marketing team then. It sounds really cool!

This, Mothman Prophecies is really good. Jacob's Ladder and Session 9 were also inspirations for SH3 at least.

They should. In their defense it's an incredibly tiny indie movie that I'm pretty sure never even made it to the big screen.

When watching the movie I can advice trying to pay attention to the little details and the actions of the main cast, and then trying to reflect on those actions as the movie unfolds.

It's a real work of art that very few people have actually heard of, though (like you said) they tried to sell it as a straight-up slasher which is miles from what it actually is.

I think this is exactly what I'm looking for tonight. If I had only seen the poster, I honestly would've thought it was just a low-budget gorefest. Do you know any more movies in the same vein? Ones that didn't cause a lot of buzz?