Why don't they ever beam down wearing anything more than plain clothes...

Why don't they ever beam down wearing anything more than plain clothes? How many episodes worth of danger could they have avoided by just wearing a simple face mask or some sort of environmental suit?

It's the year 1 kazillion you faggot. They are protected by power fields and shit.

Though it is kinda retarded they haven't invented auto-aim yet, when script kiddies on FPS games have already invented them since the 90s.

Why not just analyse the entire surface with the transporter beam and modify it to suit the mission requirements rather than sending people?

People in space shit are all retards, remember Prometheus?

>biologist is first to whip his helmet off because "lol the air tests okay"
>guy whose sole duty it was to map the place gets fucking lost
>the supposedly reliable AI is actually an insatiable killing machine

People in the future will be dumber.

Why are Star Trek Shills allowed to make 20-40 threads per week on Sup Forums?

The show hasn't been on the air in years. /got/ is restricted but Star Trek Shills are allowed to post as often as they want, sometimes as many as 5 or 6 threads per day?

People like ST, anyone with taste hates GoT.

Fuck off back to red-dit with your shitty show faggot

No they're not, they routinely get fucked up and their clothes get dirty

>people in the future will be dumber

To be fair, people today are already dumber than they were in the past (have you seen uni students?)
Gains in tech today are less innovation and more iteration.

In the Star Trek future, you aren't allowed to be born if you don't meet certain requirements.

cf. Picard, "Justice"

>Computer, generate a universe where I'm not a kissless 27 year old virgin
>Unable to comply with your request ... virgin

you are missing the naive optimistic tone of ST,they are not warriors and they are not meant to be,they are explorers and dont expect fights,so the whole exoesqueleton with nukes doesnt aply to the show.

>people today are already dumber than they were in the past
Literacy rates are up you retarded le wrong generation faggot

Yeah but surely you'd want at least something to protect you from the elements. Sea explorers still wear diving suits, they don't dive in regular clothes because they're 'just explorers'

you would think they have specific teams of people expert in diving,climbing mountains,they bassically go to planets and the first aproach to species and diplomatic things.

But at least wear something to protect you so you don't get knocked out by the first rock that falls!

Yeah the Federation is meant to be a dystopia, right?
How they treat Barkley pretty much proves this.
Every time you beam down to a planet you die and no one questions this.

>literacy rates equals intelligence

Literacy rates mean shit all without the ability to comprehend what you're reading.

they try to not take too much risk just a first look to the planet and thats it,and anyway,the average gun of the crew at maximum power could destroy something of the endurance and size of a tank.

Regardless, people are getting smarter, and it's tips fedora le euphoria to think otherwise.

*irregardless

>people are getting smarter

They really aren't.
People know more inane shit these days thanks to the availability of media, but they certainly aren't smarter.
Idiots like you like to think you're getting smarter because it helps you to avoid the self doubt that you should be feeling every time you make a asinine comment online or vote for a politician actively out to destroy your way of life.

At least you know how to spell.

Oh, so you're dumber than a shit farmer in 8th century England. Tell me something I don't know.

>people who don't believe the same politics as me are dumb!

Hey kid talk to me when you leave high school

Id rather die looking fly as fuck than wear armour that any blaster worth its salt is going to tear through.

>fly as fuck
>space pyjamas

Who said anything about the 8th century you nitwit?

I said nothing of the sort, you're just illustrating my point.

Modern people lack the ability to comprehend what they're reading and just go off the 'feeling' that the text gave them.

>Modern people lack the ability to comprehend what they're reading and just go off the 'feeling' that the text gave them.

I've been encountering this a lot lately. I picked up The Book of the New Sun after a few anons and rl friends suggested it and after a few chapters started asking people if Severian (MC) was a sociopath. Turns out he is but somehow 99% of the fan base somehow glosses over it when it's pretty fucking pronounced.

>Who said anything about the 8th century you nitwit?
We're talking about people getting smarter as compared to the past you fucking idiot.

>Modern people lack the ability to comprehend what they're reading and just go off the 'feeling' that the text gave them.

>fucking modern people, i'm le old soul xD

>hurrr I implied something but didn't state it outright, ur dumb for figuring it out xDD

Again, talk to me when you leave high school

>the fan base
how many books does gene wolfe move per year?

The past doesn't mean centuries ago lad.
My god.

>criticising current times equals le old soul

We don't even have highschool where I come from.
Mate, maybe if you went to uni, like me, you'd be able to comprehend the stupidity of today's generation.

there's a guy who's a little awkward and doesn't fit in well with his coworkers

>dystopia

>The past doesn't mean centuries ago
You may be the dumbest person to ever live.

>maybe if you went to uni, like me, you'd be able to comprehend the stupidity of today's generation
Oh, you mean university education, which became widespread in modern times? You just contradicted yourself you fucking retard

It's more the way the other characters act that makes it a bit dystopian.

Like I said, reading comprehension these days is terrible.
University education doesn't equal intelligence and it does not cure stupidity.
If anything, it just lets stupid people think their opinions are more accurate and worth more than they actually are.
I haven't contradicted shit.

Don't they scan the planet and at least see if it's breathable?

Stop posting this shitty pasta here. These threads have been the only good reason to come to Sup Forums for a good while

>it just lets stupid people think their opinions are more accurate and worth more than they actually are
Just like it did for you.

You think you're being witty, but you just look like a retard mate.

Are we describing ourselves now?

I'm pretty sure TNG was trying to make a point when Riker cooked and Robert made his whine that even though technology had advanced to the point that the previous two things were practically unnecessary, humanity had lost something in the process.

Truly embarrassing.

Yes, but take for example, the episode "The Enemy." When they transport down to Galorndon Core, there are terrible storms on the planet, and yet they wear nothing more than their cloth uniforms. They take no extra safety precautions at all. There are no concerns on that planet about diplomacy or how the natives might react to them being armored or any other bullshit, because no one lives there. Yet they wear nothing but fucking cloth. Then Geordi gets lost, and falls down a hole. It knocks him out for a bit and he gets all dirty, because he wasn't wearing anything but a pair of fucking pajamas.

Let go.

Truly you are an old soul, a sea of rationality amongst'd the unwashed masses m'gentlesir, you display your enlightened superiority as you post pictures of a British politician on an anime imageboard, truly you whomst'd know who he is is a rarity that is born once in a million! I bow to your knowledge!

This is going straight to the top of r/iamverysmart :^)

I seriously can't tell if you're roleplaying or not now.
You're like a parody of the modern 'witty' millennial.

By just about every objective measure there is, the average level of intelligence among humans has been consistently rising for a long time.

Pulaski could have been the best Star Trek doctor if people didn't cry about "muh Data bullying".

>I seriously can't tell if you're roleplaying
Says the dude avaterfagging with Eunuch Foul

Academically maybe, but that is the least important form of intelligence.

And you're like a parody of the modern 'red-pilled' idiot - if you can't detect sarcasm you either have autism or you're not as smart as you think. Now fuck off, why don't you do something productive with your vast intelligence instead of shitposting?

>academic intelligence is the least important form of intelligence
>there are people who ACTUALLY believe this

Something wrong with Enoch Powell my friend?
He stuck up for Kenyans, my people, when no one else would.

>a fucking nigger

Pictures break up the text and help you find your place in the thread easier. Nowt wrong with them.

I never said I was incredibly intelligent.
Your reading comprehension continues to be shite, like your 'wit'.

Academic intelligence doesn't stop you 'listen & believing'.
It doesn't help you think critically.

University educated people are as likely to vote for retarded shit as uneducated people.
The difference is that they tend to be more self destructive because they think it's "progressive".

Racist confirmed.

they did in star trek Nemesis

>r-racist!!!
Not an argument. Niggers are genetically stupider than whites, never forget this. The smartest nigger can't hold a candle to the dumbest white, I understand why you feel the need to prove your intelligence now. It's ok, it's not your fault, you just have to learn to accept your inferiority (like manlets - how tall are you by the way? That would explain a lot as well).

>The smartest nigger can't hold a candle to the dumbest white

Now you're no longer trying. Fuck off back to Sup Forums

:)

Kenyans are smarter than other blacks.
We made the only successful black country in Africa!

Don't associate us with those African-Americans who were descended from the west African slave caste.
Yes, that's right, they were already slaves before white people took them to the Americas, they were simply bought.

I'm sorry, "ooga booga mup dadda bix nood muhfugga?" What does that mean?

Fuck off you small dick white boy.
White women all want the Kenyan dong!

The reason why Africa is a shithole is so very well encompassed by your post. Three words:

"Divide and conquer"

The same strategy they used on our ancestors is alive and well in your mind. You should be more respectful of your African brothers and sisters, but whitey sure doesn't give a shit about you.

>only because they literally had to

:O

Fuck off with your pussy "everyone should get along" agenda.
I bet you support mass migration too.
That sort of shit ruined Kenya, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
The west is in the process of being fucked by it.
Enjoy your civilised life whilst you can you society destroyer.

Is that from a dating site?
I only corrupt good conservative white women who don't use those.

You don't see MASH or Cheers or Twilight Zone threads all the time, and yet they did have a great run respectively.

The reason is because Star Trek has 792 hours of universe building for better or worse.

When I look at half of the threads on the board, I see stupid gossip threads, "why does he look 50 when he's 40", and just a fucking barrel load of nearly irrelevant shite that get's churned here every night I come and I continually regret it until I see a Trek thread because GOT is absolute shit, I don't watch Big Brother or these "reality shows", there is nearly nothing of substance on television anymore.

The Expanse has been O-K at best, but it it's very derivative of the style and grittyness that was BSG except BSG mashed that pedal to it's shit finale.

Really can't be arsed to watch the first few episodes of formulaic network slop so I'll stick with what still tickles the neurons.

Anyone got the link of the merchant girl who runs Zoosk saying "We need to start being more open about who we date racially" or whatever then show her wedding picture beneath it with some Hasidic wearing a Kippah?

No?