/lang/ language learning

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

Confusion edition

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup
duolingo.com/
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
memrise.com/
lingvist.com/
clozemaster.com/languages
tatoeba.org/eng/
forvo.com
effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
lexicity.com/
cosmogyros.tumblr.com/post/108962232110/huge-new-language-learning-collection
dliflc.edu/resources/products/
en.childrenslibrary.org
hellotalk.com/#en
italki.com/
mylanguageexchange.com/
interpals.net/
gospeaky.net/
speaky.com/
polyglotclub.com/
lang-8.com/
goethe-verlag.com/
languagetransfer.org/
babadum.com
context.reverso.net/translation/
dailymotion.com/video/x5dlnre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.
>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

forvo.com
>Has pronunciation for lots of words in lots of languages

effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
>Check out information about languages and their difficulties

lexicity.com/
>An invaluable resource for comparative language study as well as those interested in ancient languages

cosmogyros.tumblr.com/post/108962232110/huge-new-language-learning-collection
>A very extensive language learning collection for 90+ languages.

dliflc.edu/resources/products/
>Similar to FSI, drill-based courses with text and audio issued by the US government.These courses were made for millitary personel in mind unlike FSI.

en.childrenslibrary.org
>Lots of childrens books in various languages, categories 3-5yo, 6-9yo, 10-13yo.

hellotalk.com/#en
>The app is basically whatsapp, but only connects you with people who are native in the language you are trying to learn. It also has a facebook type section where you can share pics and stuff too.

italki.com/
mylanguageexchange.com/
interpals.net/
gospeaky.net/
speaky.com/
polyglotclub.com/
lang-8.com/
>Few more language exchange communities like Hellotalk:

goethe-verlag.com/
>A mostly free site which offers audio and drill like exercises for 40+ languages.

languagetransfer.org/
>A free resource with recordings to learn a language.

babadum.com
>Flash card game with a focus on vocabulary.

context.reverso.net/translation/
>A website like Tatoeba (also has a Firefox extension!)

I am learning Latvian atm, can't find any discords or very many resources and I know English(Native) and German(learned it for awhile now) and have studied Polish,Norwegian,Lithuanian(I'm garbage at it) and Estonian (this one is a bit hard for me)

Why are you learning latvian

>haven't done any anki exercises in over 3 weeks
>I'm now too afraid to even open it and see how many words need to be reviewed

Why do I always do this to myself?

Learning Germanicus atm. I needs to hit that C1 in half a year starting from now, the admission girl at uni said I'm B2 and can study, but probably should learn a bit more German cuz a weak B2 I am. I reached that B2 she mentioned in a year, can I reach C1 from B2 in half? WUT DO?

Checked out any of the media I posted in the last thread?

You gotta be consistent mate. Turn it into a habit and don't meme yourself next time. Takes around 3 weeks to make something a habit. You pretty much did the opposite, made not reviewing a habit LÜMOA.

>Duolingo finally put all the courses in the drop down manue, regardless of the "source" language
>No longer having to do lots of shit to study Catalan from Spanish after learning Danish from English
FUCKING
FINALLY

HOLY FUCK FINALLY

It's a shit that I no longer do that shit after I lost my 970 days streak

as you seem to have used duolingo a LOT how do you find it for learning a language. I've never gotten too far with it and have heard that it's good for vocab but is better used as a supplement to other learning materials. how do you find it?

>I reached that B2 she mentioned in a year, can I reach C1 from B2 in half?
Mislim da neće biti moguće. Trebaš živjeti za bar jednu godinu u njemačkoj.
>You gotta be consistent mate. Turn it into a habit and don't meme yourself next time.
Yeah, I fucked up. I was keeping top of it for ages, but then slipped up due to laziness.
Personally I don't see why some people shit on Duolingo. I think it's great as an introduction to the language, and it makes language learning accessible to the common folk who lack our language autism

I learning norwegian since July with duolingo, and reading norgetraden, also want to improve my english. Can you recommend any good norwegian tv series or movie?

There's this really cool show on Netflix called Nobel
It's Norwegian, but they also speak English in the series. I enjoyed it, but I'm not learning Norwegian or anything. You might be interested seeming it's genuinely interesting and it uses both of your target languages

Thank you for suggestion i will check it

this It's a good introduction to grammar and general structure, it's quite flexible, you have access to discussion about every single phrase, and the streak makes you pay attention to it every day (can be very tiresome though).
Then there's the translation section, where you really get into learning the whole language (you collectively translate articles and discuss about it. Any doubts you have will be answered by someone)

For conversation, you are fucked.
There are sites like conversationexchange where can talk to natives of other languages and you teach them yours

I always did some Duo to test the languages, and after completing the tree I already get fed up with Duo and never translate anything. I want some irl human interaction, so I usually get into a course.
Duo doesn't take that much time and I start the courses knowing a bit already.
I like to compare the different languages, their structure, shared words, etc.

Now I'm learning danish, after two years of French and one of Italian, but I'll take up Italian again

Someone rec me a Danish show please

dailymotion.com/video/x5dlnre

Me too

I checked out Vecernja skola and i didn't understand very much but i liked what i did understand i'll come back to it when my Croatian is better.
I listened to Thompson and i liked that too.
The Movie you recommended didn't seem like it would interest me so i didn't take a look at it

Borgen. It's my favorite show of all time.

meget tak

How do i become that learner who can sit down and do an hour of grammar or srs without getting bored as fuck and then giving up the next day?

I've been learning korean grammar for the past 4 months. It's pretty great.

For "I only know him a little" is it:
>Sólo lo conozco un poco
or
>Sólo le conozco un poco
?

I think it should be lo, but translators say otherwise