Do Americans feel ok with their sport culture? I think you guys are missing the best part about sports...

Do Americans feel ok with their sport culture? I think you guys are missing the best part about sports, being literally a member of your club makes you enjoy the sport more than just following a franchise from another city that can change the location, colours and even the name at any moment if they don't make enough money

Also, I don't get how you are ok with the drafting system, it's like you award the worst team of the season with the best player, it's a forced equlity, by awarding those who do a shit job

>shit bait thread #3267642
Fuck off Enrique. Divegrass spee ended 3 hours ago

>being literally a member of your club

Do you not realize how rich we have it?

My city has an NFL team, it's never going anywhere and never has.

My college is great in all 3 of the big sports, but we plenty of other sports (for example i love our track and field team)

My high school is also great in all 3 of the big 3 sports but we have plenty of other sports (for example, i watch the soccer games and they are great)

5'11'' and 6'0''

Why do you say "my"? You can't be a member of the club in American sports, you are just a costumer of the franchise, like picking McDonalds over Burger King

>following a franchise from another city that can change the location, colours and even the name at any moment if they don't make enough money
thing is this will NEVER happen unless your city has no fans, and the draft is great. what do you not like about forced equality in sports?

Why would anyone pick McDonalds over Burger King?

only poor and uneducated people too dumb to comprehend actual culture care about """sport culture"""

because mcdonalds has better food and burger king is SHIT
lmaoing at burger kings fans desu

Same reason some people pick the Clippers over the Lakers

I dunno Pedro. Anything is better than AbuDhabiFCwins the sport that you all watch

pretty much this, professional sports are entertainment and should be treated like it

That's the part you don't get, clubs are way more than just a pro team of X sport

That's the part Americans are missing out

It goes
>Local grease > Burger King > drinking water from Rio de Janeiro > paying 30 bucks for a simple small burger on McDonalds

shut up

what are we missing out on?

my college and my high school are my school, my alma mater, and sports are huge at both

as for my city's NFL team, no I don't have on ownership stake but i could buy one, just like i could buy season tickets. Every company has shareholders, do you not know how companies work? All companies are owned by the shareholders who elect the members of the board of directors who decide who the CEO, etc will be

As for an NFL team that really prides themselves on everyone being a member, that's the Green Bay Packers

Sports clubs are literally social clubs, you have them, right? Like being a member of a golf club or something like that

don't think so, what do they do?

They're called YMCAs. This has nothing to do with professional sports

Hang out, meet people, have dinner, go to the gym, what ever you want

They have lot of stuff to do, some of them even have schools

Imagine a country club, but you play things other than just Tennis and Golf, without smug people on Porsches while their wives are cheating on them with their fitness trainer.

oh those are called rec centers, we have beer leagues and shit everywhere but what does that have to do with professional sports?

Most professional clubs in Europe and South America started as just sports clubs, like that, and most of them still keep amateur and semi-pro teams in many sports. You can enroll for volleyball classes in Boca Juniors, or travel around Europe playing roller hockey with Sporting Lisboa, or even play our poor version of shuffleboard under Cruzeiro's flag.

those clubs happen to have multiple teams in different sports, some of them are professional and are the football teams you know

you have a deeper connection with the club than just being a costumer like americans

that's cool I guess, but I still don't see what we're missing out on since we have tons of rec centers.

our rec centers have tons of different sports and leagues, mostly basketball/softball/racquetball and stuff and most people in a city are fans of the same pro teams. college sports also have that "connection" you're talking about.

If I'm not mistaken the Toronto Argonauts and Montreal Canadiens started out like this but went the wrong way I have no idea why.
>inb4 I have nothing against the franchise system other than seeing franchises change names and cities and that's bullshit but sports clubs are pretty cool

>Another fag from some south americn shitskin republic trying to pretend that his """"""insights"""""" are relevant.

We should limit this site to North Americans and Anglosphere nations.

He thinks that paying membership fees to an athletic club makes him a part of the professional football team that plays under the same name because he got a t-shirt and a gym bag that has the same colors as the football team. Because he's fucking autistic.

>17 years old
>4'6"

>soccer fan discussing being a "member of a club"
>whenever a player at a smaller club is shown to have even a little bit of promise, they're immediately bought up by one of the main fews teams in each league

Makes me laugh

>you have a deeper connection with the club than just being a costumer like americans
Lol that's because they're shitty irrelevant leagues multiple tiers below the highest level. Are you implying Coutinho gives a fuck about playing for Liverpool Football "Club"? He doesn't just like any elite divegrass player. They're all mercenaries. Like I said, we have rec centers, YMCAs and gyms for shit like that. We just aren't delusional that professional sports are about anything more than money at the elite level

I like the franchise system, higher chance that your team will have a chance at some point, franchises don't really change names or cities even if they can and we have tons of rec centers.

no, it isn't the same

you attend college for only 4 years and the players there just play there because they aren't good enough to be in pro leagues

if sport clubs you are literally a member and attend the club since you are a little kid

>main fews teams
Why do I know you are from Missisauga?

IMAGINE
M
A
G
I
N
E

I'm from Hongcouver, hue

Like I said we have rec centers. Literally the same thing

Are the hotdogs in Scotiabank Field any good or just a waste of a dollar?

My nigga i'm in Seattle. Wanna come over for party tomorrow? I live in a fuck huge house and there's gonna be lots of people.

>you attend college for only 4 years
but most people are fans for life of their alma mater, and raise their kids as fans as well
>players there just play there because they aren't good enough to be in pro leagues
almost all players play in NCAA before pro in every major sport here
>if sport clubs you are literally a member and attend the club since you are a little kid
so you feel like you have some connection to the professional team because you participate in activities at their rec center? living together with other people from your school for 4 years is a much bigger connection imo

the best bait is when you >pretend to be a retard

Using British clubs as an example is a mistake, they are a minority and don't represent the average

They are one of the few people to have a system similar to Americans, with club owners and shit. Their league is full of mercenaries and foreigners who don't give a shit

Clubs like Barcelona, who are actually successful, have players like Piqué, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets, etc with a strong connection to the club and would never move to another team

They've been part of the club since they are in they are around 12 years old, you don't have this in the USA

Or clubs like Bilbao, who only use Youth academy products, another thing you don't have. In the American system you get your players by "drafts" where the worst team of the season gets the first pick, and teams like Lakers or 76ers would just lose on purpose in order to get high picks for 3 or 4 consecutive seasons to "rebuild". This system is fucked up

In the rest of the world, and I'm not only talking about soccer, our domestic basketball teams are the same, clubs produce their own players, have kids playing there since they are 8 years old. The connection with the club is completely different from the American one

yes, every neighborhood has a country club (you have to pay dues) and also a neighborhood park that was built with taxpayer money.

1) neighborhood country clubs - Small ones will have at least a swimming pool and tennis courts, larges ones will have a golf course. All have clubhouses and various events

2) neighbor hood parks - They all have at least have a gym (basketball, volleyball), fields (football, soccer), baseball diamonds (baseball, softball, kickball), and tennis courts. A lot have running tracks.

Then you have plenty of other local leagues. Here we have several huge kickball leagues and sand volleyball leagues which are great social clubs. The kickball leagues play at local parks but the sandvolley ball leagues have their own facilities with a bar even. Also we have several softball leagues both at the parks and at the churches. Same with basketball, flag football, etc.

Victoria here

not for the packers

Yes man, but the teams those clubs have are the best teams of each sport

I'm talking like a neighbour club like you say had a basketball team and that team was the Cavs

Hate Whitecaps, liked them better as an amateur team

how is that better in any way?

Won't work here Being an alphachad in high school and college sports is much better than some autistic football "academy"

>huge house in Seattle
Let me guess, your parents or grandparents are tech millionaires?

yes, every neighborhood as a park, each has it's own name and colors and own teams and you play against the other neighborhood parks

again, all have at least have a gym (basketball, volleyball), fields (football, soccer), baseball diamonds (baseball, softball, kickball), and tennis courts. A lot have running tracks.

I'm talking Canadians, fuck Muh Little Soccer

you're a fucking idiot, stop posting
your college athletics program is in no way representative of its local community if it is competing at any decent level. it is just the nature of our sports culture and you shouldn't deny it

I'm not saying it's better or worse, just saying it's different

Here you have players playing +20 years for the same club, tha'ts impossible in the USA. Messi has been a Barcelona player for 17 years now, and Iniesta even more than that

>This system is fucked up
Sure it's not perfect but it's miles ahead of BayernMadridwinslol format of yuro leagues

okay well since I kind of understand now, to answer the OP question, yes I'm perfectly find without these clubs. professional sports are entertainment, and we can participate in amateur sports with our local rec centers.

Bayern and Madrid win because they are successfull, their hard work gets rewards

Thomas Müller is a Bayern youth academy product and has been playing there since he's a kid

>tha'ts impossible in the USA
Lol wrong. Tom Brady isn't going anywhere. Nor did Jeter. If Messi had been discovered by Hull City, he sure as shit wouldn't still be there

I would but I am decorating gingerbread houses with my girlfriend's family

>Bayern and Madrid win because they are successfull, their hard work gets rewards
but that's boring as shit for viewers

Finance. Though most people assume tech because i'm Chinese.

No, all MLS fans are an embarrassment, and I didn't get hot dogs

What about Totti then? He played for Roma for almost 30 years, he had multiple chances of leaving but he stayed there because he's a Roma fan

Here you have the same thing. In the adult leagues (20+) you represent your neighborhood park, each of which has a trophy case, it's own name and colors and own teams and you play against the other neighborhood parks

again, all have at least have a gym (basketball, volleyball), fields (football, soccer), baseball diamonds (baseball, softball, kickball), and tennis courts. A lot have running tracks.

Also the neighborhood churches have adult leagues that play against each other.

Then you have plenty of other adult leagues like the kickball leagues i was telling you about that is all done at one place where they all play each other there and dirink and party. It's a social event

And the sandvolley ball complexes i was telling you about, you play against each other, have leagues, form teams, socialize, they have a bar on site etc

Muller is garbage user. The mercenaries they bought like Vidal, Robben and Lewa are why they win. Stop baiting pls

You must be unaware of Best Team.

pretty sure he means vancouver canadians, your minor league baseball team

Unfortunate. And I actually meant it with that invitation. It'd be great to host an IRL Sup Forums meetup for once, at least for Americans and Canucks in the Pacific Northwest.

disgusting casual.

Because he's an Italian momma's boy degenerate

You are talking about the richest clubs, of course they will buy players too

But there are literally millions of football clubs around the world and a large majority of them just use youth products

oh the neighborhood bars as well. each neighborhood bar has it's own trophy case and they play vs each other in billiards and darts (it's really big). We do have a soccer bar that fields a soccer team and they host teams from bars in Europe and play them

and once he becomes slightly decent, RM or BM is there to scoop him up.

Millions of clubs in shitty irrelevant leagues that nobody cares about

what are the benefits of being in the club?

What are the benefits of being part of a religion or a nationality?

you get to chimpout with fellow argie subhumans anytime Arsenal loses to Newells Old Boys

the capital/largest city team will just buy all the talent in the country, and the small local village towns can never compete.

religion, you get to go to heaven. nationality, you get to live here.

I've never been to a game, I didn't even know the name of the field, lmao

>religion, you get to go to heaven

> H e A v E a n
> e
> A
> v
> E
> a
> N

>your college athletics program is in no way representative of its local community if it is competing at any decent level.

Yes they are, most of the players from our Big State U come from our State and we are great in all the Big 3 sports.

Now sure, you have schools like Notre Dame that recruit nationally and are made up of a mix of people from across the nation? So what? Even though my school teams are made up mostly from people from my state it wouldn't bother me if we recruited nationally instead