MOVIEGOERS WANT MORE R-RATED SUPERHERO MOVIES

>On the eve of LOGAN's big weekend opening, those polled in a recent Fandango survey say they’d like to see more guns, sex and violence in their superhero pics. 20th Century’s Fox’s LOGAN is the second R-rated X-Men movie, technically, after DEADPOOL, also from 20th Century Fox. In the poll, 71% told Fandango that more superhero movies should be rated R.

deadline.com/2017/03/logan-r-rated-superhero-movie-fandango-survey-deadpool-1202034608/

Who will try to cash in on the R-rated superhero movie craze first, the MCU or the DCEU? Which heroes could benefit from the R treatment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vr_IjcDkPfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LOBO

DC will probably try to cash in first and fail in the process.

Mel Gibson directed r rating iron man 4 fucking when?

DCEU already tried to half-ass it with BvS, but I could see them testing the waters as they appear desperate enough. Disney/Marvel is swimming in money so I doubt they have a reason to change the formula now.

Was Logan good or a meme movie?

I want more R rated movies in general. I want action hero man to say "Yippee kay-ay mother fucker" before he shoots the bad man

Blade did this shit years ago, you're all a bunch of little queers.

Plus they already have their R-rated Netflix series.

>they’d like to see more guns, sex and violence
>implying this is desirable in 2017

of course itll be all politically correct guns, sex and violence.

we might be living in the most puritan era ever.

THIS MOVIE WAS SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE IT WAS VIOLENT AND GORY

LET'S COPY THAT

THE MARVEL FRANCHISE IS GOOD BECAUSE IT USES A CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

LET'S COPY THAT

Holy shit Hollywood fuck off already, you clearly don't understand what the audiences actually liked about these films

Maybe Snyder can capitalize on this and show people his true kinomaking abilities

Only if it could benefit from an R rating and not just DUDE HE SAID "FUCK" LMAO.

it was actually good, take that from someone who fucking hates super hero movies.

>meme
why don't you watch it and make up your own mind faggot?

too bad dc already ruined their universe or we could see the jokah raping batgirl

he needs to just remake 300 with DC characters. Drop all the intellectual bullshit.

>they'd like to see more guns, sex and violence

I fear that studios will take this idea away from R movies being very successful now by putting R shit where it doesn't belong just to satisfy the rating, which is just the reverse of sterilizing movies to fit a PG-13 rating and is probably just as bad.

While it's a pipe dream, what I think audiences really want is for less studio meddling and movies just being allowed to be what they're supposed to be.

>DC gives Zack the go ahead on Batman and lets him do R rated
>we see catwoman's tits, batman beats someone to death, there's a graphic dream sequence
>DC is saved
>MC continues with PG 13 stuff
>DC becomes all adult and r rated
>both exist in harmony due to different goals
>peace exists on Sup Forums

He already made R-rated capekino with Watchmen, but it was too ahead of its time for moviegoers.

People did like how the Marvel movies connected. Hollywood just doesn't get that's a massive universe with 75+ years of stories and literally thousands of characters. It can afford to span several interconnected franchises while stuff like the Robin Hood Cinematic Universe they're trying to get off the ground has neither the lore nor the audience's interest.

>more 30 something's who are unmarried and have no children want children's movies to have more sex and violence

>peace
>Sup Forums

Never.

>zack snyder
> saying he would show catwomans tits instead of seeing batman gets raped and naked homo-erotic superman

actually im fine with this

Marvel capeshit is for kids

Fox capeshit is for teenagers

DC capeshit is for adults

DC would benefit. Oh wait, people didnt like Superman snapping Zods neck. Hmm. The R treatment probably ISNT the formula to success.

Fuck OFF with the superheroes Jesus Christ when will it end

I fucking hate you comic faggots soo much.

>DC capeshit is for adults

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hah.

Just wait for Based Stuckmann to review it 2bh

What would an R-rated Captain America set in a Trump presidency look like?

They said the same shit about Deadpool.
Guess what? Nothing happened.

what does he mean by this?

Good

I respect how they handled Laura but I want an X-23 origin story that is close to the comics. Laura vs Kimura could be some top tier shit.

>Based Stuckmann

>DC capeshit is for adults

YOU'RE LETTING THEM KILL MARTHA
THAT'S HIS MOTHER'S NAME! I'M EXPLAINING IT FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE OF A CHILD

sucks to be you

Kys

That movie literally only came out last year, and it was in development hell forever. Now we've already got a confirmed sequel.

>Sin City
>Blade
>300
>Barb Wire
>Heavy fucking Metal

Why are modern moviegoers so idiotic?

Who's gonna play the older X-23?

So apparently, this fucking normie capeshit trash has "When The Man Comes Around" playing at the end? Reminds me of when "When Its Cold Id Like to Die" played at the end of Stranger Things. They clearly just wanted a "muh feels" ending akin to Join The Club from the Sopranos.

When The Man Comes Around is and will always be the song from Generation Kill, and if anyone calls it "that song from the end of Logan" I'll break their orbital bones and put them in the fucking ground

youtube.com/watch?v=vr_IjcDkPfQ

So what is it? Do people want edgier capeshit, or does capeshit take itself too seriously? Is she a retard it does she just say retarded things?

watchman

I want people that want superheroe movies to be led into a (((shower))) and gassed.

Must be difficult being a capeshit lover with no ambitions but wearing his thick rimmed glasses like the little cuck sjw faggot that you are

>comic books
>superheroes
>adults

bad

the film is made by stitching together meaningless scenes as a way to make the movie as edgy as possible, or in other words, to "fit" the R-rating. for example, there's this 15-20 minute portion where Logan stays at some family's house for no fucking reason, knowing full well they would get chased, which resulted in the death of everyone in the family.

other than that, it's called Logan just to bait viewers into watching it. the movie isn't even about him specifically. the only part about him is the first thirty minutes, where the movie whittles away time to the point that it nearly bored me to death. you could argue that the movie is meant to develop him as a character, but no it fucking isn't. it was 2 hours and 20 minutes of mindless groaning.

worst of all, this movie is pointless. the X-Men franchise hasn't "earned" the movie they were trying to make. it's been four years since The Wolverine. why is "this" coming out so soon after?

kek

Do an r rated Joker. Fucking do it. He's already been edgy for 10 years. Do an r rated Joker. Have him fuck Jim Gordon's daughter up.

Hopefully Marvel and the Disney Jews will find the balls to do a proper Punisher movie. Hopefully something from the Punisher: MAX run. Given some of the content of that run, probably not. If that took off, they might find the drive to start a Marvel:Knights line. But a guy can dream.

Baby Blue was the best series ender though. No question.

Good news for you, they gonna make a movie about all these things. It's called "Die Hard" and will be released in 1988.

>Generation Kill
>not normie trash
Fucking Americans, Jesus Christ.

This

It'll all be meme shit like Deadpool or out of character dialogue like in Logan.

Watch R rated movies from the 80s & 90s like Excalibur. They were comfortable with the content of their movies and weren't trying to "prove" they were adult. Shit some of them would practically be practically pg-13 now.

>those polled in a recent Fandango survey say they’d like to see more guns, sex and violence in their superhero pics.

Since this is the dominant capeshit thread on the board right now, could someone explaint something to me?

Why was Civil War a Captain America movie and not an Avengers one? I felt like the focus was way heavier on the Avengers group itself than on Cpt. America.
Was it just because Thor and Hulk were missing?

>he thinks Generation Kill is normie trash

go ask your friends on facebook if they've seen it, you fucking tourist normalfag piece of shit

Superhero films should naturally be rated-R.

I imagine the only reason they haven't been thus far is because normies can't relate to characters wearing weird outfits, so studios just clean up the violence a tad and market to teens. Most of the political themes in comics are WAAAAY out of children's scope. I remember reading X-Men comics as a child and being like, "okay... DAMN HIS POWERS ARE COOL" every time it was a story that featured multiple political factions' agendas and what not.

I hope they all bank on it while bringing even more titles outside of marvel and dc into the fray. Not saying I don't like the some of the children's movies thus far, but I'd like to see these movies become far movie realistic in terms of the dangers comic books mean to portray which will really make the heroes feel like superheroes.

And making these movies more sexy wouldn't hurt. This img is from the 80s X-men comics.

>went to see this the other night, session ending at 10:10pm
>some mother brought her fucking child
>screamed during the emotional bits and yelled during the action
what the fuck, what compelled her to do this. Half the theatre wanted to shiv her with a rusty spork by the end of it

I know you're bullshitting, but the only way an R-rated Batman would work is if a psychological thriller adaptation of this beauty was made.

Yet here you are

Because she knows who the target audience for comic book flicks are.

Never read it. Is that contained to the location Arkham Asylum? You can do an r rated detective horror film that takes place across Gotham.

Daily reminder that Batman V Superman is what started this trend even though it was PG13. That film will be looked at as the pinnicle of superhero films in 10 years. Ever since that film, people have wanted more brutal superhero films like Snyder's magnum opus.

Not him but I get what he's saying. Trying to copy something just because it worked in one instance is retarded and why future DCEU movies are going to be quipfests because they think THATS what will make them popular.

I don't even know why that Johnny Cash song is at the end other than it being directed by the guy who did Walk The Line. BUT HE ALREADY USED ANOTHER CASH SONG IN THE TRAILER!

The plot revolved around Captain America and his supporting cast plus Iron Man. Plus the whole conflict was driven by his moral objection to the new anti-superhero law. While the Avengers as a concept was at the forefront of it the characters themselves were only there to support Cap and IM and fight in the airport.

who cares? is a Cinematic universe, all the characters interact with each other.

There were good parts but don't go in expecting a treasure, in the end it felt like what it was - the concluding sequel to "The Wolverine".

BvS blu-ray release is rated-R while the theatrical release is PG-13.

Marvel has tons of killing in their films, but you can barely see it because characters like Black Widow and Falcon use guns that shoot really powerful invisible, body dropping tranquilizers.

>Why was Civil War a Captain America movie and not an Avengers one?
Because the directors wanted to put Bucky as the source of the conflict in order to appease the shippers.
Seriously, look their commentary and interviews.

what is "brutal" about BvS

Having some labcoat poofter killing all the mutants off screen on the very next movie (timeline wise) after Wolverine and Xavier prevented exactly this from happening in DOFP just so they could have yet another "I'm sad, now I'm not" character arc for Logan was possibly the most retarded thing in the entire X-Men franchise.

Stick your Old Man Logan comic up your ass I don't care what it's based on.

Bucky was the center of the conflict because he's the only thing that could cause Cap to go wrong and because they needed to conclude his storyline. Plus he's going to become the new Cap and they gotta' set that up too.

the script, the edition and the direction.

They won't. I want to see it happen too dude but after Warzone they'll just assume people don't want that.

They actually cut a bunch of Cap-Bucky scenes and shoehorned him that kiss with Sharon because they were afraid moviegoers would think Cap was gay.

Nextwave.
Fucking begging for an R rated outing. Make a deal with Fox to use Tabitha and go to town.

Pretty much. It's honestly pretty fun. It's contained in Arkham Asylum, but twists Batman's rogues into grotesque, insane incarnations of what we know. It also characterizes Batman as a sexually repressed, disturbed individual who may fit in with monsters more than he knows. It's also has a solid narrative that world work really well as a movie in the right hands. Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth by Grant Morrison. Read that shit. Then read The Filth and other kino by Morrison.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

>"I want my capeshit to have blood and boobies because I'm a grown up!"
Truly pathetic

Is the general consensus that Cap was wrong and Tony right?
I've never really thought about it since I personally always agreed more with Tony and I think that Cap is a naive idiot.

It is though. Marvel is all cartoony and like Michael Bay kind of action. DC is grounded in reality and has more of a Kubrick vibe.

It's evenly split and the directors wanted it that way.

Cap was right tho.

my xmen trading cards from the early 90's had plenty of blood and boobies

>DC is grounded in reality

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>and has more of a Kubrick vibe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>When the Man Comes Around will always be the song from the opening credits of Dawn of the Dead

ftfy

they already did with bvs

The X-Men were originally about the Civil Rights movements.
Hulk was the fear of the Atomic Bomb.
Batman is a representation of order or an ode to how far people can push themselves.
Superman is an idea or concept that is backdrop to things like this.

Can't "capeshit" have a little something beyond the surface?

>Batman is a representation of order or an ode to how far people can push themselves.

He was just a Shadow rip-off man. Most old-time DC characters don't really have any thematic subtext. That stuff only became more prominent in the 60's with Marvel and new-age DC.

>"that's not fun ugh wheres the pewpew and the bang bang?? xDD"

Do you also play Nintendo games while wearing your trench coat and MLP backpack in public?

Which of Tonys actions in the movie would you say were unreasonable/wrong? I just don't see it personally. Him trying to kill Bucky is a grey area I think, I mean, I can absolutely relate to why you'd go apeshit on the killer of your parents, no matter the circumstances.

Most of those comics are a mess, though. It's why style of the mid 2000's-2010's era of comics are adapted into movies nowadays. Pure fun without being too mindless.

Watchmen was enough for me. We don't really need anymore superhero films at all.

>wants more violence in cartoon movies
>calls other fedora edgelords

>90's

That's an era all comic fans would like to forget.

Can we just unite the clans by saying FOX capeshit > all? I know Deadpool = liquid memes but it was still better than Civil War.

That shadow came out in like the 90s retard. Batman started in the 60s as a tv show.

fuck you consensus fag

>>GotG
>pure fun without being too mindless
>fun
>without being too mindless
>shits on Claremonts X-Men run

Um. Is this a troll? GotG is absolute garbage.

It's from the 30s your fucking reddit cock sucker

Yeah, go ahead and watch fantastic four, your in for a wild ride