What is it about this guy's movies that attracts all the crazies and obsessive retards? They're terrible...

What is it about this guy's movies that attracts all the crazies and obsessive retards? They're terrible, about as deep as a kiddy pool, yet they are deeply entrenched into the fedoralord's mind as some manner of important cinematic event.
It's uncanny.

Don't feel bad you don't get his movies user, one day you'll join the rest of Snyderbros in the Sun.

What is it about this guy's movies that attracts all the crazies and obsessive retards? They're terrible, about as deep as a kiddy pool, yet they are deeply entrenched into the fedoralord's mind as some manner of important cinematic event.
It's uncanny.

Snyder's movies are the equivalent of that one edgy kid in your class that thought he is so much smarter and so much "above his age" because he listened to metal and watched gore on Internet.

Both MU and DC are brain dead flicks with moral stories as obvious and plain as ten commandments. It's just that DC attracts retards who haven't realized yet they're retarded.

That really doesn't work. The fact that you're comparing Lynch with Snyder sort of shows how unequipped to assess film you are.

>Both MU and DC are brain dead flicks with moral stories as obvious and plain as ten commandments.
Sure, but the marvel flicks operate as movies, snyder's stoolies are a collection of trailers poorly slapped together to resemble a narrative.

triggered lynchtard detected. thanks for taking the bait

DC attracts them because it has at least very superficial symbolism (dude jesus lmao) while marvel movies don't even pretend.

Sometimes I wonder if these idiots actually like these movies or just pretend to to get into arguments online.

which idiots? lynch fans?

So to actually answer your question... His presentation is hypnotic, he has amazing visuals, he tells great stories, has a lot of memorable scenes and characters, and he doesn't pander to the audience or ever take you out of the world he brought you to.

You can't say that about many directors anymore. The material he works on is also very accessible, but his themes are not. Most of his movies take an extra viewing or two to fully appreciate, since your senses are usually overloaded visually the first time.

He's great, now fuck off.

This.

Snyder is the ultimate Sup Forums plebfilter

>The fact that you're comparing Lynch with Snyder sort of shows how unequipped to assess film you are.
Explain. I haven't seen Twin Peaks since I'm not a hipster.

He makes really good movies.

>I'm not a hipster.

lmao

this.

>superman was garbage
>batman vs superman was lame with a few good batman scenes
>300 was cool when I was a kid but nearly unbearably stupid now
>never saw watchmen save for a few minutes on tv which was gay as shit
All signs point to this dude being a terrible director with zero good movies but then...
>dawn of the dead unrated directors cut Snyder's masterpiece edition
Truly amazing work of cinema. I have seen it over a dozen times and could easily watch it a dozen more. It gets shit on here (big surprise there) but it will forever be one of my favorite zombie movies. I stand by my belief that it is what caused the second big boom of zombie entertainment (which in hindsight might have been a bad thing)

>yfw the sun feels this good

Unironically this. His haters are the real obsessives, and they use circular logic to justify themselves.

Sorry for giving you a thin excuse to avoid explaining.

Snyder's films are the equivalent of that one kid trying to explain how much better Muse are than Coldplay to his 12 yr old classmates who haven't discovered any music beyond what their parents listen to

>he STILL doesn't get the jesus symbolism
>HINT: superman isn't an allegory for jesus

>but his themes are not

I'm fucking flabbergasted that anyone could think Superman = Jesus is a new or hard to grasp theme.

>>superman was garbage
no
>>batman vs superman was lame with a few good batman scenes
no
was cool when I was a kid but nearly unbearably stupid now
lmao, no
>>never saw watchmen save for a few minutes on tv which was gay as shit
not an argument

remember, an assertion without proof from you does not beget a proof of any kind form me, because you have failed to set a context.

>Snyder's films are the equivalent of that one kid trying to explain how much better Muse are than Coldplay to his 12 yr old classmates who haven't discovered any music beyond what their parents listen to
can you stop and point out actual flaws in his movies so I cna take you down instead of passing snide comments?

why the fuckdo haters stick to the regular "m-muh symbolism" when no one except them talks about it at all?

>why the fuckdo haters stick to the regular "m-muh symbolism" when no one except them talks about it at all

Are you fucking retarded? I was responding to someone who pointed at the themes.

>not an argument
>all retorts are "no lol"
Also
>Eva Green
Lol

He's not Jesus. He's Brian.

Figure it out.

>all retorts are "no lol"
DId you miss that one statement I wrtoe under those?

>>Eva Green
>Lol
how fucking new are you, fag?

>Snyder's films are the equivalent of that one kid trying to explain how much better Muse are than Coldplay
What the fuck? I am pretty sure Snyder is just making the movies he wants to make. He's not playing into your gay little Marvel vs DC war.

>projecting this hard
I never mentioned marvel user

This

Snyder is the fedora of film

>he is that kid that tries to explain how much better Band X is than Band Y
>not mentioning Marvel
Oh ok. What did you mean. If Snyder is the Muse fan than who is the Coldplay fan?

The average person that is content with watching the same safe movie a hundred times because it's what everyone around them enjoys

You're the one that needs to provide a basis of what makes them good retard. My argument is that anyone who watches them can plainly see how bad they are overall with no specifics necessary. If you're saying they are good then you need to make an argument with real examples and try and sway an opinion.
Day 1 actually. I definitely haven't wasted almost ten years of my life here. She's fucking gross dude. That mouth is Phyllis tier. I will never understand why so many of you losers find her attractive other than the fact she gets her titties out to ensure she gets roles. She's average at best on a good day and not even that good an actress. Literally one of the plainest dime a dozen dames.

>Day 1 actually
wanted to reply, stopped reading there.

What makes them good? They don't treat the source material with superficiality and actually embrace it as an art form. They use visuals to carry themes that aren't even mentioned overtly more than a few key times, and they respect the spirit of both the characters and the very best of the people who have written stories for them.

>You're the one that needs to provide a basis of what makes them good retard.
Did you actually not read the statement that I wrote here
>remember, an assertion without proof from you does not beget a proof of any kind form me, because you have failed to set a context.

inspite of me telling you to do so twice?

Are you actually autistic?

>I like shitty movies but I can't tell you why
>you're autistic
Technically speaking it's aspergers. Get it right.

Okay, here you go. I'll repeat my statement again.
remember, an assertion without proof from you does not beget a proof of any kind from me, because you have failed to set a context.

Get it?

user its fine to like garbage movies, I myself have some I love that I know are almost universally disliked, its just most people usually try and defend their interests. I realize that's probably pretty hard with how little there is to work with with such shitty movies, but you could always go the "it tried something different" or "good visuals" route.

It's pseudo-intellectual nonsense that makes pseudo-intellectuals feel smart

why do you think I have to defend my tastes against you? I've been asking you for YOUR opinion because you started the conversation.

If you have one, post it.

Are you one of those guys who dismisses all the things we "pseudo-intellectuals" point out as mere coincidence?

Snyder directs movies as if he was directing music videos for nickelback

You use metaphor like a monkey trying to use a fork.

No, it's entirely plausible that the films are using symbolism the way people explain it, but symbolism alone does not a deep film make

Also, context is important. You need evidence to support the symbolism in the film, like what dialogue or theme is used to support the idea. Trust me, I write film synopsis filled with symbolism but I need things to support what I write.

thank you plebbit

>It gets shit on here
because the original is better unless you're a pleb/retard
and zacks vidya cinematography just doesn't fit the zombie genre

In Man of Steel, we have Pa Kent shown understanding the impact Clark will have on the world, how ready the world will be to misconstrue his son as a god, we have Perry reiterating those concerns with Lois by way of rhetorical question, and we have the bus rescue from Man of Steel serving as a perfect foreshadowing of what is one of the central themes of BvS - the world panicking, Superman panicking right along with it, overdoing the hero bit, and having his actions increasingly seen as the acts of a god.

That's part of what ties it together, but it's by no means all of it.

Lurk more you're embarassing yourself

He's a way for capeshitters to feel smart without having to watch anything that's actually even remotely challenging.

Where does Plato's Allegory of the Cave fit into all this? When that is all about knowing god and knowledge of the Universe

Watchmen was Sup Forums culture. Either you went way out of your way to avoid it or you're Gen Z.

Perception versus reality. That's the key factor. I personally think this goes a step beyond that and addresses questions such as "can perception shape reality?"

I think you need a hero to save you.

I don't need another hero.

10 year old found

Sounds interesting, my capeshit isn't that deep, it's more a commentary on how America created Al-Qaeda

That's why ike slapped your shit

I think you mean ISIS. America created the Taliban, Wahhabism and oil money created Al Qaeda, the military-industrial complex created ISIS by bleeding all over Al Qaeda's corpse.

No, America literally put together and trained a band of Holy War fighters/freedom fighters to fight off the Russian hordes. They created Al-Qaeda.

That's the Taliban. Al Qaeda just made use of what we abandoned. This is why "the enemy of my enemy" might still be your enemy.

His detractors are the biggest obsessives. Snyder is the greatest man-kino director of this generation. Only feminists and their nu-male cucks dislike Snyder. These people are pervasive in media.

Yeah, whichever, I can't tell those coons apart anyway

kino even in b&w

That's actually kind of spooky.

As a superior /lit/izen to all Sup Forumsfags, the answer is quite simple:

Pseuds

Then I guess you'll have no trouble at all explaining what "them" the Enchantress was referring to destroying in Suicide Squad, why it's an important distinction in terms of the lore, and what sort of statement it makes contextually in regards to the character of Superman.

Don't get me wrong, I was no huge fan of the Squad, but the subtlety of the world-building it accomplished was top-notch.

She was referring to the hordes of African bull impregnating White Western Women

Well ?

Why don't you thrill us all with that vastly superior intellect of yours? Enlighten us, the unwashed masses.

New find:

In Cyborg's scene in BvS, his dad calls the cube "object #61982."

Know what debuted in June of 1982?

>"In the sun" isn't even a Snyder quote
>tfw the Superman book it's from is 1000x more kino than film can ever produce

You're right. He and his creative team were just the guys perceptive enough to see the beauty in it and bring it to a larger audience. I can totally see how you would fault them for that.

In the case you're not trolling, I'm interested in that perspective. I fault Snyder for taking quotes from a good fucking story and applying them out of place and without the same weight behind it. It's like watching a movie where a samurai named Moses parts a river and then fights a bunch of ninjas. It might fit the story but you're twisting the meaning in a way that isn't on par with the original. How at all is that justifiable?

Just like Twilight series is a cult for teenager girls.

Zack Snyder 's movies are for insecure people