en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Phoenix_Stadium
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25164575
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Flyovers can't do anything right.

ERIC

is handegg ever played in real grass?

Not anymore

Never. Texas.

why use real grass when you can make something better?

yes but not at the top level, at the top level they desire consistency and precision, so they dont want their field to be affected by weather

also these turf fields are cheaper to maintain than grass by a lot so you still see them at lower levels a lot too, for those colleges and high schools that can afford the massive initial investment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Phoenix_Stadium

The burrs stadium they have grass. They also have a grateful dead show on the field shortly before the season. Needless to say the field is a fucking mess. For a while you could say it makes sense when they were a defensive powerhouse but now it is just an injury hazard.

yes but it is being phased out because reasons

The Packers and Bears still do, I don't think anyone else does any more.

The reason is low maintenance cost.

man i referee soccer and turf is so much better than grass its crazy

i know players hate turf at least in soccer but shit it is so easy to referee on

Handful of stadiums still use real grass

>turf

Yes but most places opt for turf because it's better for the players. You don't get mud in the rain, as many slick spots, or have to worry about uneven footing. It also gives better support on contact when running and is less likely to lead to injury via the ground giving when you make a cut, juke, etc. As a result you can usually run faster on turf and the surface lends itself well to high-tempo heavy passing games in a way that grass and mud cannot.

>and is less likely to lead to injury via the ground giving when you make a cut, juke, etc.
yeah, instead you have higher risk of knee injury even with the more recent artificial turfs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25164575

I always feel like that stadium doesn't exist anywhere but online.

That may be more related to dumb players making moves while off balance than a problem of playing on turf (e.g. what happened with Chubb while dashing towards the sideline in a past season). Either way, being in control of giving yourself a knee injury is better than just randomly receiving one due to the ground giving.

How long until the tire industry apologizes for spreading cancer by by putting their leftover products in our fields?

All sports should be played on grass

BACK IN MY DAY WE PLAYED ON CONCRETE PUSSY MILLENNIALS

Sunlight is free

said no one ever fruit loop

>tfw I get to watch the birth of my new favorite sport live
I'm starting my own league this summer.

Even hockey, basketball, F1/Nascar, track, swimming, etc.?

Water is not

In the NFL off the top of my head
Packers
Bears
Browns
Steelers
Cardinals
Rams(?)
Jaguars
Bucs
Panthers
49ers
Tennessee
Miami

Might be wrong in some of these, and some of the teams use a real grass + synthetic blend. Idk why teams are so aggressive at putting in turf because there's evidence that it contributes greatly to ACL injuries

Everything but Swimming and Basketball, tbqh

yes it is

No correlation. Astroturf maybe, but not the new stuff

You using the computer while mom is doing your laundry, user?

like half of the NFL teams do

fields get absolutely shredded by the 300lb OL/DL going at it all game long. that and it doesn't rain enough/and or is too cold halfway into the season to grow new grass. the newest turf is safer for the players as well.