Chicago is shit. All those skyscrapers are vacant. It's a dead city

Chicago is shit. All those skyscrapers are vacant. It's a dead city.

NYC>Shitcago

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_GDP
seattletimes.com/nation-world/why-did-a-russian-pay-95m-to-buy-trumps-palm-beach-mansion/
youtube.com/watch?v=ov1oJUgArc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Phlegmish opinions

chicago is basically a mini new york except in real america

Nah. Chicago is fake as fuck. Those abandoned skyscrapers only exist to please tourists. It's not a real city.

No soul compared to European cities.

I really don't know why you think they're "empty"

I'll have you know those skyscrapers provide essential lodging for junkies and schizoid homeless people during our deadly five months of winter. They are not empty.

American cities dont have any soul. They are new with no history of any kind. Just bunch of concrete blocks middle of nowhere

this is why people think you're smug retards

have you ever seen your cities pekka? they're worse than american desu.

also Boston have a soul and history

Never understood how Americans could build so many damn skyscrapers and highrises in so many cities (even moderately sized ones) without having half the floor space vacant the entire time. It's not like people even live in most of these, it's all just office space. What do you do with all those things?

wtf is a soul of a city

that's a new kind of banter apparently

another retard? most of these buildings are high rise apartments

>What do you do with all those things?
>it's all just office space

How's gulag?

>All those skyscrapers are vacant. It's a dead city.

What? Are you confusing Chicago with Detroit?

Chicago and Detroit are very similar in this regard.

Yeah, but there can't possibly be enough demand for offices to justify this much floor space.

no they are not similar in that regard

an average floor of skyscraper serves many functions other than office space. there's restaurants, bathrooms, conference rooms, lounge areas, closets, all sorts of shit.

>shilling for your dying city

Except they're not.

why are you guys so easy to bait

Amerians build bathroom skyscrapers and closet skyscrapers?

>paris on the prairie

Except skyscrapers in Shitcago don't host all those amenities.

>closets
>bathrooms
>all sorts of shit

mhhhhm okey

The marts can't handle all the sharts.

I'm just saying that it's not all office space and that most of has regular people in it, even if it's just the cleaners making the rounds.

A lot of these buildings are apartments. No office space at all.

Chicago is the 3rd largest city and metro area in the US and its population is growing.

Chicago has a higher GDP than any city in Germany.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_GDP

>Syrien on the Seine

There are almost twice as many people in the Chicago metro area as the entirety of your puny nation.

>be new yorker
>live in a city so good that euros literally make threads about how it's better than other cities

feels good

>triggered amerikids itt

DATS IMBOSSIBUL

>without having half the floor space vacant the entire time
Before the 2008 Beijing Olympics, an American asked how many people can be accommodated in a newly built Olympic stadium in Beijing.
A Chinese official answered, "This stadium will accommodate 20 thou-, oh wait, only 10 thousand Americans will fit in"

why would anyone want to live in any city, especially major ones? they are full of undesirables.

chinese people eat aborted human fetesus

cities have their pros, rural areas have their pros

suburbs are shit all around tho

t. living in a council house in outskirts of london

>cities have their pros
no they don't

London has a far lower amount of skyscrapers despite having a larger population and a smaller area than Chicago. What's the rational sense behind building so many high rises and skycrapers in all sorts of American cities when a few blocks away everything immediately becomes low and spread out? It absolutely doesn't correlate to land value if you can build spread out low rises in one place but "have to" build skyscrapers a mile down the road. There's absolutely no reason for it.

you make such a compelling argument wow

nah

more jobs I guess

See

thanks

stuff like local businesses and cities that look less planned. I guess?

As ironically as it can be, cities unironically have more advantanges to especially older people due to more access to healthcare system. (You can literally have to go to like hospitals 2-3 hours from you after stroke in rural area which can risk your life)

british people live underground

Na skyscrapers in Miami are vacant as they are built by drug lords from Latin America and the Russian mafia.

Everyone I know lives out in the suburbs or on Miami Beach.

London is also dense and crowded as fuck while most of Chicago is comfily and moderately spaced.

>pic
Is it really a hipster central?
Those skyscrapers are their vacation homes

London is appropriately dense for a city its size. It's the American ones that step out of line with their thousands of square miles of suburban diarrhea each.

Too rich. Logan Square is hipster central.

They live in mansions on the beach.

seattletimes.com/nation-world/why-did-a-russian-pay-95m-to-buy-trumps-palm-beach-mansion/

and it'd be even more suburban diarrhea if we didn't have massive skyscrapers

who defines what's appropriate and what's not? your autistic mind?

Or you could save even more space by not pooping the rest of the city all over the place. And yes, I'm aware you're not lacking space. But space generates transit, and transit costs resources and time and therefore real money.

Logan Square is where that bar is located where they film reactions for Game of Thrones episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=ov1oJUgArc4

Meant for not

man it would be a shame if that bar got blown up when S8 airs

A sober evaluation of the costs and benefits involved in comparison to alternatives. And in American cities I see more costs than benefits. The expenses required for getting around with the low population density even within cities and the expenses required for maintaining the transit network are monumental and have been neglected for half a century.

Translation:
>Chigago is comfy for cars

ok man I'll write a letter to my congressman about it

Yes, and also for public transportation. Spaced just right to accommodate both.

why even mention such a thing happening

Why don't the people there surprise me.

>"What if I want to walk or perhaps bicycle?"
>"This is AMERICA, not Africa!"

Cyclists are scum but our piece of crap mayor has been trying to accommodate even them these past few years.

To be fair you wouldn't walk from one end of London to the other either. The hostility towards walking and biking is a mixture of population density, nonsensical road layouts especially in residential areas (tons of cul-de-sacs, no connector paths, no sidewalks) and strict zoning that places shops miles away from residents.

Also I was talking about American cities in the second sentence, not London. London is reasonably bike friendly apart from dickhead drivers.

All rekates to city planning, which in America means CAAAAAAARS and SUUUBUUURBS

because they were genuinely confused

chicago is the capital of nigger on nigger crime and the center of the dindu culture

baltimore is a hundred times worse

Finland doesn't have cities.

that's scary if true

Its creepy. Brickell probably has 10,000 condos in a square mile yet on Sunday afternoon there are like 5 people outside.

The vast majority of cities in American aren't even real cities and aren't worth living in due to their sad state of public transportation

texas is another level

Why did they build them then?

it sucks because baltimore has the potential to be comfy as fuck. it has a great layout and tons of historic buildings

It is true

t. Was part of a program teaching underprivileged kids through Johns Hopkins

to get money out of latin america. they are basically box shaped securities that their governments cannot seize

And that's why we're the best.

i just hope it doesn't happen, that would be awful