What are some good 80's animekino? No, I ain't gonna ask the faggots over at Sup Forums

What are some good 80's animekino? No, I ain't gonna ask the faggots over at Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DDX0yrhhQls
youtube.com/watch?v=b8czGsqRY4c
youtube.com/watch?v=Vbc-fhZAFCE
youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI
vimeo.com/121083958
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2vGP5vgFJg
youtube.com/watch?v=VoYN0cvcfU4
youtube.com/watch?v=szF2ILxONJw
youtube.com/watch?v=LIdIbOx9uG0
youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg
youtube.com/watch?v=_jDSbHomlrs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Hunter
youtube.com/watch?v=AWnCWjVzNsE
youtube.com/watch?v=ajTAnMqhZB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gundam

Ninja scroll

Cybercity is great

Mistah Geisto
youtube.com/watch?v=DDX0yrhhQls

Angel's Egg, Baoh, Ghost in the Shell pretty much anything by Yoshiaki Kawajiri.

Arion
youtube.com/watch?v=b8czGsqRY4c

Akira

youtube.com/watch?v=Vbc-fhZAFCE

3x3 eyes dramatically overlooked.

(Mobile Police) Patlabor - 1988 (Early Days OVA)

youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI

Was gonna ironically suggest this. It's good for a laugh though.

Pretty sure thats Bandit from Gunsmith Cats in the OP. Which I think is 90's not 80's.

Macross, Legend of the galactic heroes...

Gunsmith Cats was better than Driving Bean.

Running Man:
vimeo.com/121083958

>not City Hunter

Duh. Larry is my waifu.

Dagger of Kamui
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2vGP5vgFJg

Watch Ashita no Joe. First series was 70's, second was 80's. Wonderful series though.

And seconding Patlabor. Watch all of it though. Especially the second movie, but you should at least watch the original OVA and movie before movie 2.

Maris The Chojo
Was fucking badass as hell. Rewatched it recently. Very funny. Also, has "failed takes shown during credits" like Jackie Chan movies... for a cartoon...
youtube.com/watch?v=VoYN0cvcfU4

Project A-ko
Also, really fun with great action. At the time I thought these two movies were about the same character.

Fight! Iczer One

>we're never going to get that Gunsmith Cats animu
feelsbadbros

The pinnacle of 80s Anime, reached in '87.
youtube.com/watch?v=szF2ILxONJw

Riding Bean was a prototype for Gunsmith Cats, it stars the character who later becomes Bandit. The OVA was made in 1989 and it's 80's a fuck.

Where can I find the original 2 Silent Mobius movies?

Actually that's Bean Bandit from before Gunsmith Girls where he shows off his custom car BUFF in its full glory. Definitely worth a watch. That blondy on cover is proto-Rally Vincent

I liked both and was pretty pissed when there were no more episodes of Cats....

Redline

youtube.com/watch?v=LIdIbOx9uG0

>Watch Ashita no Joe
read the manga faggot

California Crisis
Starship Troopers
Bubblegum Crisis
Gunbuster
Megazone 23

Lotta good stuff in here

It's funny in the Gunsmith cats mango how the tiny blonde chick is underage and fucking some guy that's in his 40s or something.

real K I N O

Cool time for news kino threads then

Oh I knew he was a prototype but I never knew he got a film before hand. That's cool.

I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't done a Live Action of it. It ticks all the boxes

>Diversity: Indian/English born in America(?) protag, who is also a lesbian.
>Guns: So action is an easy plot device
>Cars: Fast and Furious films make shit loads, easy as pie to combine it

I don't see why they can't.

>protag, who is also a lesbian.

She is? I don't remember

Lupin the third

Golgo 13
youtube.com/watch?v=nLzjm9E1hwg

Right, I forgot to link some anime before talking bout Gunsmith Cats...

Bubblegum Crisis
Dominion Tank Police (I think is 80's)
Record of Lodoss War (It's 1990 iirc but I'll include it)

I want to say Slayers as well but that's like 1997.

Uh-huh.

>ctrl+f
>no Mobile Suit Gundam

Rose of Versailles is mostly 80s (early episodes are from 1979).

Why is all modern anime shit?
Even French frogs are making better anime than nips

The anime and manga of Gunsmith Cats are drastically different
Just like Lupin III

This. I have, somewhere, the Lupin the Third Castle of Cagliostro VHS tape. The sound quality is AWFUL but the dub is so much better than the DVD release. Only reason I've kept VHS players is to watch it. Seen it dozens of times.

he's going to be directing it

Are there more lewd scenes in it?

Angel Cop, it's also pure redpill as it revolves around jewish bankers being the crooks.

Why is this off-topic /wsr/ shit still up, sange?

Are Silent Mobius 1 and 2 (the movies, not the tv show) available anywhere? The TPB torrent is dead.

>frogs working with FUCKING FLASH make better anime than Nippos
how did this happen ?

>redpill
>has a tranny on the cover

No wonder it's alt-right approved

>ctrl+f "Legend of the galactic heroes"
>1 result
no better than Sup Forums desu

you can find torrent of bulray rip of that with the old dub
personally, I watch it subbed

Wait, they changed his name? I always thought his name stayed as "Riding Bean", but that may have been the scans I read.

That's the 90s dumbass

The creator also confirmed she's a lesbian, in both the manga and the anime. You can read the interviews. Also her nickname is Larry, not Rally. It's a mistranslation that kinda stuck. You can read those interviews online somewhere.

He did confirm she's basically asexual though as she's more attracted to cars and guns (which in itself has sexual names).

Yes but not done for the hell of it. The biggest bad guy (girl) is a lesbian. At least in the manga. She kidnaps a 15 year old girl and puts her in S&M gear and loads of traps and shit. It's fucking weird. There are several nude scenes of the various girls, at best you see pubic hair and boobs + nipples. There are a few naked loli's in the entire manga series, a couple of randoms and one of Vincent.

I have both obviously but I just bought it at a garage sale I think and i loved it. It's one of the few anime films which were better dubbed. But that's just me. I know "le sacrilege!" from Sup Forums.

>she'll never chop your dick into tiny pieces while mainting eye contact with you the whole time

Why even live etc.

>Yes but not done for the hell of it. The biggest bad guy (girl) is a lesbian. At least in the manga. She kidnaps a 15 year old girl and puts her in S&M gear and loads of traps and shit. It's fucking weird. There are several nude scenes of the various girls, at best you see pubic hair and boobs + nipples. There are a few naked loli's in the entire manga series, a couple of randoms and one of Vincent.

best arc with all the mind control shit.

You blind? The second post says Gundam.

Pandering to the moe and fanservice crowd is one problem. The people got into the industry and corrupted it.

Production became more expensive and sales for everything but a few smash hits feel harshly.

So the savest bet for studios is to produce the typical moe-fanservice stuff.

No room for adventures or deeper themes. Which is really a shame.

I used to be a creepy otaku who had his room at his parents house plastered with half-naked anime girls and even then I noticed the trend the industrie was taking.

The entire manga was "I like this stuff so it's going in". Lesbians, cars, guns, loli's then shit like the mind control , S&M and so on was just added for the hell of it.

Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the Northstar)

oh missed the bit about it being from the 80s

still kino tho

Jin-Roh

It's not 80's but has the best animation of any movie I've seen, imo. I don't even care that I didn't get the plot at all.

Gunbuster, it's got training montages, space battles, tits, tough coach and black and white final episode, which is pure, absolute kino.

>80s anime thread
>no Space Adventure Cobra

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

Dofus is pretty fucking solid

WICKED CITY

Also Demon City Shinjuku and Madbull 34

fuck off Sup Forums

Nice plebbit spacing.

Wicked City

Fuck off to /r/anime or whatever site you crawled out of you entry level fucking reject

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Hunter
>"The manga was adapted into an anime television series by Sunrise Studios in 1987"
>1987
>90s

Cobra
youtube.com/watch?v=AWnCWjVzNsE

Mobile Suit Gundam is 1979

OP asked for 80's anime

It's cool, def one of the best from recent years

Youtube recommended me this video earlier today, would have watched it had I knew it was Golgo.

Watch Mob Psycho 100 you pleb.

He posted a image from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, which is 80s

1987 is 80's
seriously, though, what am i missing

>tfw Sup Forums never has Duke threads

>Bubblegum Crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=ajTAnMqhZB8

Yes but he wrote Mobile Suit Gundam, and the first post in the thread was just "Gundam" which includes Z, ZZ, CCA, 0080, etc... Which is not specific at all. It's like posting "Studio Ghibli", yeah they made anime in the 80s

Fair.

>[autistic screeching]

What is this? Cromartie High crossed with One Punch Man?