Why aren’t Turkey and Egypt as regionally powerful as Saudi Arabia and Iran?

Why aren’t Turkey and Egypt as regionally powerful as Saudi Arabia and Iran?

What went wrong with them?

>Turkey: 79.51 million
>Egypt: 95.69 million

Is democracy a bad meme?

>Iran: Islamic theocracy
>Saudi Arabia: Monarchy

oil maybe? and saudis are not powerful. daddy america looks out for them. all they do is fund proxy organizations. both egypt and saudis suck at war, they lost against pretty much everyone.

Why hasn't Turkey specifically ascended to dominant regional power yet, or at least, economic power like Korea in East Asia?

Turkey is pretty powerful in the region
Saudi Arabia is just American lapdog

cuz t*rks are fucking roaches lmao

Do you really think that those numbers are a result of politics? You obviously don't know anything about economy or the history behind he people of the middle east and you don't even tried to educate yourself if you're asking hose kinds of questions. Go to fucking /bantz/ with your bullshit

>Saudi Arabia
lapdog
>Iran
has oil+gas and their foreign policy is good

They haven't affected Syria, Iraq, nor any other country for that matter. Kurdistan is about to pop up right underneath them.

They certainly haven't been keeping up with SA nor Iran.

Yemen as well.

Egypt and Turkey have a large population in the region, yet little affect on what goes on there.

Yeah, I won't waste my time with you any further, cya

They are. Egypt and Turkey are both hugely powerful and exert tremendous influence in their respective regions.

terrible thread

??? Don't get butthurt. Rather, why don't you explain why I'm misguided.

Nobody will take you seriously if you pout and cry like a baby when your country gets called out, especially when you're a diaspora.

Well let's see.

Egypt's large population is as useful as dirt if they can't get their shit together.

In terms of government, Saudi Arabia is incredibly stable. They don't have a revolution every two and a half years to oust their president (I know, they're an absolute monarchy, but bear with me).

Turkey is a bit of an anomaly. On the one hand, their military is no joke. They certainly are a force to be reckoned with, but they don't really focus a huge part of their budget towards financing foreign organizations, puppet regimes, etc.

Neither is Turkey the center of the Sunni Islamic world, like Saudi Arabia is.

Saudi population is quite small, at only 33 million, but a lot of that is expats, so it could be as low as 25 million. Who knows.

Point is, Saudi's influence comes from a number of factors:
1) Oil
2) Islam
3) Feud with Shia Iran

While Turkey does possess the potential to be as influential, they're not really at an arms race with any other country at the moment. They don't need to project as much power.

What about Turkey's enemy for the past 50 years, the Kurds, consolidating their power right beneath them?

The Kurds in the Eastern part of Turkey may start getting confident. Turkey should have been doing something to stop the initial process which led to the Kurds increasing their power in the region.

Turkey made threatened the Iraqi kurds and held joint military maneuvres with the iraqi government AFAIK.

Kurds are nowhere near as great a threat to Turkey as Iran is to Saudi Arabia.

Not even on the same level, mate.

How about you answer my question you fucking retard, your answer had nothing to do with my post in the first place. You centered everything around the political background and "economic weight" of those countries without even understanding what informations you connected with current situations. And then you said "well they have lots of dudes in theyre countries xD" without adressing my post at all. Your last answer is just the icing on the cake of retardation, you are either baiting or just completely retarded. Please build up the courage to finally end your life and fucking LEAF

There are upwards of 30 million Kurds in the region and this is the closest they've gotten to having their own country.

I believe the Kurds are ready to fight, and Israel is ready to arm them.

Butthurt as fuck. Of course population affects economy. Please read a basic intro to macro book before you peel off.

Jesus Christ, you’re embarrassing.

Seeing kurds as one united nation would be a mistake. 30 million may sound huge but they don't share the same branch of Islam, even sometimes they don't share the same language. Their languages are separated as fuck.
Also the 95% of kurds in Turkey don't want an independent state since they know they're better without it and turkey will put up with their chimp outs.
I still wish we could genocide those inbred goatfuckers tho

>Kurdistan is about to pop up right underneath them.
;)

And then there is always Mr. Genocide to throw in his two cents.