New Spurs Stadium expected to cost upto £1B

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5139907/Bill-new-Tottenham-stadium-soars-1bn.html
another season at Wembley maybe

that is getting up there near russian levels of corruption

btw dw they will sell eriksen and son to manure for 500m

Levy must be close to a heart attack

>let's build a stadium
>with a fancy slide-out grass field
>AND turf under it so the NFL can play here
>and redevelop the surrounding area
>also let's build an entire room that has literally nothing but cheese

Should have just expanded their original stadium the way Liverpool and United did.

>barcelona and halal mega stadiums with hotels and shiet to cost ~500m
>spurs shit stadium to cost 1000m
oh vey I wonder who is behind this cost

well yeah, it's london and not spain

Apparently Spurs' stadium is going to have a second field and extra facilities for the NFL. Really dumb decision on their part since the NFL is dying.

I like how levy spends 1bn on a stadium with nfl pitch which will get used once

but wont spend money to keep his best players

once kane, alli, erikson etc leave spurs can tag team with everton for 7th place every 2 years

stadiums generate money. players only generate money when they're sold

no point having a 1bn stadium if you have no class players and drop out of CL and EL and dont win the league

>stadiums generate money

It will take about a decade for that stadium to generate enough money to cover the cost of conatruction. Spurs are going to be in debt for a long time, especially since they're going to be out of the CL once they're forced to sell their best players.

>players only generate money when they're sold

Good players generate money by getting you a higher position in the league, advancing in cup competitions, and attracting sponsors. Take away those players and the sponsors leave as well.

Don't bother. These are the same idiots that actually believe shirt sales cover the cost of transfer fees.

>a worse smaller stadium costs double because it's 500km to the north
lmao
but this can't cost an extra 500m, and don't forget they are missing the hotels, shopping center, the extra basketball stadium and shiet

these numbers make no sense

>sports 'journalism'

No thank you

That's just how big construction goes, you can pretty much double the original estimate. It will probably be worse in Spain with workers wanting to go to sleep in the middle of the day.

Ticket sales doesn't generate that much money compared to TV-revenues. If Tottenham loses Eriksen, Kane and Alli then they can forget about the Champions League and a top 5 position in the Premier League. That will mean colossal losses, I reckon that would cost them between 50-100 million euros.

Let's hypothetically say that Tottenham's star players get tired of being paid less than Lamela and Davinson and start to play like shit to intentionally get Tottenham out of the Champions League and the top 5, just imagine the financial pain that would cause Levy.

Imagine if the agents of these star players suggested to said star players that they would do just that, because Levy refuses to give them a pay raise, well I just described the end of Tottenham as a top team.

hol up please tell me more about the cheese room

Kek, fucking Spanish

>le well run club and thrifty chairman

Way to go sports journalists, you've memed it once again

so they're trying to be Arsenal?

According to the article, the new stadium will only give an estimated additional 14 million pounds in revenues. If it costs 1 billion to build then Levy really must be shitting his pants. It was hardly a good deal when it costed 400 million, but 1 billion, that's a ridiculous amount for a stadium. It will never pay of. Maybe the kike can pay off some politicians to make the tax payers foot the bill?

Yet another illiterate racist.

>additional 14 million pounds in revenue
that's 70 years to recoup the new investment wtf are they thinking lmao

if they miss european spots they'll have to close the club

That's only 14 million a year from match day revenue. They are obviously going to take a huge chunk of the debt out by selling the naming rights of the stadium, it obviously won't be called just White Hart Lane. It will be like The Paddy Power at White Hart Lane or maybe they will call it the HSBC arena or some shit.

>additional revenue
>additional

wew, brush up on the reading comprehension lads

>paying naming rights for the stadium of the #6 in the table that wins no titles ever
they won't get much money from that unless they name it the anne frank stadium and germany has to pay for it

1000m is out of scope for a team like spurs

My bad, but still 28 million on 1 billion cost, that's 2,8 % in return. Might as well by normal real estate in that case, they would make at least 5 % profit in doing so, at least, probably closer to 10 %. This is just a shitty deal through and through. My guess is that the kike will do what they are best at, in other words rob bribe some dumb cunt politician to make the tax payers pay for it.

You are a complete moron.

I reckon they could get a decent deal with it and it's not as if they have to pay this debt back within the next 10 years. As long as the repayments are manageable there's no reason they can't spend the next 50 years paying it off and still perform well as a club, the banks don't mind as long as they are making profit off of it in the end.

Nope, I am far smarter than you as proven by your post.

Tottenham is a football club. Their income is volatile. One goal can be the difference between 50 million euros in income and zero. Banks will demand a good interest rate, I reckon 4-5 % on any loan. I mean this is a stadium, it doesn't generate a huge deal of revenue, and it can only be used for football matches and the occasional concerts, so it's a risky business lending money to Tottenham.

Serves then right for that yank handegg shit.

the biggest problem is football changes too fast nowadays, look at manure: they went from top to out of europe in months, but manure has plenty of money so they could spend and spend until they climbed up again

now imagine if the same happens to spurs, they won't be able to buy their way up again, and add to that a 1000m megadebt to pay back the stadium... they simply aren't strong enough for this

it almost killed arsenal and they were top of the world at the time, and they still haven't recovered

Hurr durr daily mail clickbait

The cheese room is exactly what it sounds like. It is literally a room with nothing but tables that have an assortment of cheeses. Any kind of cheese you could imagine.

>it's risky money lending money to a club that has multiple players valued at hundreds of millions of pounds that they can sell at any moment and an owner worth around 5bn pounds

??????

I mean I know Sweden is ran by niggers and muzzies now, but I didn't know the education system fell so low.

Do they sell the cheese?

>I mean this is a stadium, it doesn't generate a huge deal of revenue, and it can only be used for football matches and the occasional concerts

NFL games too

spurs have loads of money. i think their owners are richer than the glazers. they just don't splurge it the way man u od

There's no point comparing Arsenal and Man Utd to Spurs though, if Spurs win nothing, then nothing has changed at all. It's been 10 years since they last won a trophy.

Not sure. From the sound of it I guess it's some kind of corporate hospitality thing.

3rd richest in the UK, only behind Abramovich and Mansour. and it's just one guy with Levy having a minority share.

underrated post to be honest

actually, my bad - not in the UK, because of the chinkies in the Championship all being rich as fuck. probably around 5th or 6th though.

The owners have tons of money, but in the case of Spurs and United the owners aren't using their own money to buy players. They're using the money the club generates. So how rich the owners are doesn't really matter here.

it matters in terms of getting a loan or not. an individual that is worth 5bn pounds won't have a problem getting a 1bn pound loan.

That's not how a bank reasons. Because the owner can put his business into bankruptcy. Tottenham is a company, its owner have no financial obligation to keep Tottenham alive if it starts bleeding money.

Like I said. Levy or whomever isn't going to take a loan on his own name, they take it on Tottenham's account, and Tottenham isn't as rich as you think they are. They were valued at under 1.1 billion by Forbes this summer. They can't take a 1 billion loan, that's nonsense.

>Be jews
>be shit
>see arsegods have shiney new stadium
>waaaa i want a shiney new stadium
>sell soul to nfl
>nfl dies
>spurs dies
>jews die

Wow this is the best timeline

- levy is the chairman, joe loewis is the owner
- the glazers didn't spend a dime on msnu - they bought the club sing a lbo with the club acting as a collateral, then they sold on the stock market millions of shares (30 i think) so they have recouped every cent. the money for the big wig transfers came from the profits

I don't really associate cheese with pakis. Maybe the stilton or whatever it is called.
Instead they should embrace their culture and make a bar with added personal safety boxes where they can get violent. Call it the bong heaven

lmao you are clueless and have never asked for a loan in your life

he won't get shit unless the loan is on his name or his fortune is listed as collateral, and he's not going to do that, he's not that stupid

this loan is all on spurs

Reading up on the owner (a criminal jew who made billions through market manipulations with Soros) I agree with you. Lewis will never pay for the stadium. That would be out of character.

Lewis the Jew will try make the tax payers pay for it, and he will succeed, just read up on how he made his billions. This guy got powerful connections and won’t have any problem extorting money from cowardly, corrupt politicians.

yup, he and soros were the ones who famously "broke the bank of england" shorting the pound in 1990 or so, making billions in the process

>the chinkies in the Championship all being rich as fuck.
Why they no buy spensiv player

>have the best team they have had for a long time
>actually have the chance to win something
>don't strenghten the team because new stadium
>the best players will leave and totteringham will become a mid-table team in their new stadium
I mean they are a mid-table team now but they could have been good if they had just strenghtened the team.

because barca are fucking corrupt and qatar is probably secretly paying half or sending slave labour to do it

At least Spurs will have an excuse for being shit now. They can just pull an Arsenal and say "muh paying off the new stadium"

It's an NFL stadium, by the way.

>implying there's anything wrong with this

They made some shitty transfers. I think only Sanchez is a starter out of the arrivals.

Can't wait to see someone get impaled by an exposed bit of rail

A stadium for the space age, a stadium where no trophies are lifted ever. Perfect.

who thought this was a good idea? lmao there goes the additional 500m
>and it's ready in 25 minutes!
why even bother? it's not like they are going to play surprise nfl games, right after football games, that will need a very quick set up. They'll have hours and days between games to get everything ready

seriously, how many nfl games are they going to play there? and is levy also the owner of the motor manufacturing company? they are going to make a killing in maintenance and repairs for the next decades

in engineering simple is always better, this looks like an absolute nightmare of unexpected problems

absolutely disgusting

That is so Spurs - stadium isn't even finished and we already have years of material to abuse them over it

Aurier is a walking disaster. Sanchez has been good but in the last game he proved to also be an liability. Also playing sissoko over son is a mistake, playing sissoko at all is a mistake. Without alderweireld their defence won't hold.

>random memes in a desert plateau are comparable to Mega City One Europe Edition

>it's not like they are going to play surprise nfl games, right after football games, that will need a very quick set up.
good point
what the fuck are Tottenham thinking?

UGLEE

Llorente, Gazzanigga, and Foyth were all bought to be backups tbf. Aurier did poorly though.

Looks like the average turbo modern Burger stadium

> Any kind of cheese you could imagine.

Like a Willy Wonka factory for cheese? Can i get a cheese made from teen supermodel mothermilk and arsenal fan tears? Tbh the fantasy cheese room is probably why the cost is skyrocketing cost. Who knows what those perverted superrich would come up with..

Where's this idea that united run on profits came from?

They're 600 mil in debt. They haven't reported a net profit in 25 years. They just report operating profits (excludes interest payments or debt growth).

Not really a world first, the pitch of Schalke's Stadium (Veltins Arena) can also be slid outside, for example when they are having concerts in it.

>hurr jews

Sup Forums tier

1. the debt is £366m
2. the reported a profit last year
3. they pay the interest payments on the debt which is around £20m/year, which is roughly 3% of their revenue
4. it is now literally impossible for United to fall due to Ed Woodward and his jew ways milking the club dry on sponsorship deals
5. United continue do run on profits and haven't had any handouts from the owners
to be fair the debt has been quite clever, just paying off the interest until the rest of time. as far as fans are concerned, the club will not cease to exist so the owners think why not the debt as well.

The Cardinals' stadium already has a removable grass field

Spuds EXPOSED

your fault for not finishing them off