Comfy

Sup Sup Forums let's make a pizza. Let's start by preparing the onions.

Gotta cook dem vedalia boisss in some slow-burning fat like canola at medium-low heat

what are you topping it with besides the onions?

Do ananas belong on this pizza?

FUCK off

i'd make some dough if the dishes were washed

This. If you are making Sup Forums pizza you should put pineapple on it

It's gone to shit, I'm out

Veggies, sorry if slow response I'm like actually doing shit. Simple veggie pizza I cut the eggplant and portabella and jalapeño.

I'm using the same dough I cold-thawed from the last thread. So, yeah. That was done a couple days ago.

That's a good combination

where's the pepperoni, cheese and tomato sauce?

The tomato sauce and cheese were prepared from the last thread. But essentially it's just mozzarella, gouda (if you can believe it) and Parmesan. All fresh and shredded.

The tomato sauce uses very little garlic and some basil, then just normal salt/pepper for taste. Prepared from last thread. I'll take full from-scratch pics next time but it might get boring seeing literally how I make the dough and sauce. Those two alone are very time consuming.

Still waiting on onions to carmelize and stirring occasionally, playing games wheee

Dough rolling lads

christ what an ugly HUD

Onions are done.. I guess. I fucked something up I need to learn more

Facinating how much the smell differentiates between fresh and slightly burnt with onions. And with butter too for that matter.

shouldnt take 38 minutes to fry some onions lad
more like 3

Rolled out guys.

Silly fun fact? I used my mixer for my vodka as a rolling pin. At my parents hotel so I don't have that much equipment.

Oh I thought it was... I should've said I was carmelizing the onions. Takes like 40min easily. But I cut it a bit short for this thread's sake + they'll still cook in the oven.

Whatever is at hands and works. A glass bottle works best btw

"carmelized" onions, gouda and parmesean

Other shit

Das a good looking homemade pizza

A whole jalapeño with seeds and all?? Damn

Thanks breh,

In she goes at 500F (highest my oven will go)

Hope it's good

made some dough after all, felt nice before going to bed.

>home made pizza
>uses the same cheap ass ingredients they use in the stores and chains
>not spending a little extra on better toppings

is that not how people there eat them? that's pretty much the only way people here eat jalapenos

>people there
People where? I don't know anyone here who keeps seeds and everything in them.

not sure if that'd work with jalapenos but i'd grill it in the oven first so that the skin went off and the "flesh" went tender, then i'd remove the seed

The seeds don't do anything for spicyness interestingly enough, it's the "bumps" on the inside of the pepper that are hot. And the spongy weird material.

I rubbed the invetween my fingers just a little bit to get rid of the white sponginess which made it less spicy but is still pretty.

I could make better breading but I don't have the equipment here sadly.

Also I just like spicyness. Jalapeño is where I draw the line though. Anything more takes away from ... it just fucks up everything.

This was quite revolting desu senpai

I have never seen anyone put onions on pizza other than shrek

Jalapeños can only be found recently here. Our food is not spicy btw.

It's pretty common here
Depends on the pizza really, but lots of them have it

Ayyyy waddup

onions are more likely to go on a creme fraiche top rather than tomato sauce
but the idea of pizza is to do whatever you like

bon apetit

you should try (Italian) oregano on the sauce, makes a world of difference.

Both statements true
Well here's a pic of a pizza I made some time ago
There are four corners with different toppings, they are unevenly spread on purpose

A pizza by definition must have pineapple.

Now I'm hungry.
Can you actually make decent pizza at home? Got a recipe?

Does nobody understand what a vedalia onion is? And carmelized for that matter?

It's a very light, sweet flavor. Small bit of onion flavor. This is carmelized of course.
Word, noted.

that looks great
How do you make the dough and tomato sauce?
Or did you buy it?

Yeah as long as you got an oven
I don't really have a recipe, making dough is the same everywhere, then what you put on it is entirely up to you, and for cooking time I just take it out of the oven when it looks done, I don't time it
My heart goes to 3 cheeses pizza tho. Roquefort, mozzarella, emmental

>not a single Italian flag

Might have forced them into suicide OP

>Can you actually make decent pizza at home?
of course
even if you fail the fact that you cooked it yourself automatically makes it taste good.
But pizza is actually pretty easy. You just need an oven that's hot enough

Well then.
Guess I'll try making pizza next week.

I've tried making marinara sauce with dried Greek oregano as well as fresh basil. They taste about the same, in my opinion.

In total honesty the bread is like 2/3 easy of a pizza. The rest just goes on top of it lol. (Joke)

I just made simple pizza-oriented dough with the equipment I had. I'd strongly, strongly reccomend experimenting with flour, salt, yeast, water bread. Then when you become a boss you can stuff the crust a little bit with XYZ and then you essentially have an amazing breadstick at the end. Idk dealers choice is my point.

Post the results

I keep both types of oregano, I buy Spanish one as it's easy to get, and neither tastes like basil to me, if what you mean is albahaca which I also use frequently.

My favorite to be honest is Mexican oregano, it brings life to any tomato based broth, but it doesn't quite fit with Italian IMHO.