His acting was TERRIBLE in manchester by the sea

His acting was TERRIBLE in manchester by the sea

das right ma brotha denzel shu da won mon

Just look at that sleazy rapist fuck. He looks like evil Christopher Reeve from Superman 3.

I disagree.

derved the oscer

He was good but Michelle Williams' acting was certainly better.

Oh hi Brie. Maybe it's time to let it go, lady!

>dude awkward silences GIME DAT OSCAR

>His acting was TERRIBLE in manchester by the sea

His acting was spot on during the sexual harassment deposition tho

Honestly Denzel probably should have won not only for acting merits but be also co-wrote and directed Fences...which is a great movie.

Casey Affleck just acts like a pussy every time somebody yells "roll camera"...with the exception of that one movie where he beat the shit out of Jessica Alba.

Yes the "best actor" award should go to the person who did the most directing and/or writing

Or, better yet, give it to whoever spent the most money producing movies that year, doesn't matter if they are in them or not or what gender they are just go all the way and be more inclusive

name ONE SCENE where casey affleck show impressing acting skills in that movie

>he actually thinks merits take priority in Oscar winners

Fullest of keks it's about playing the Hollywood game and only the Hollywood game

>ex. Leonardo DiCaprio

>ALRIGHT CASEY FIRST YOU LOOK LEFT THEN STARE AT THE FLOOR

waaaw..

in my language terrible means outstanding, so i take that as a compliment for him

This fuck has made a career out of playing possible retards. There were so many beats in this film where he was unable to emotionally connect. Just watch the scene where hes outside the burned house in the morning with the grocery bags. He can't shed a fuckin tear. Not that crying is the end all be all, but just think about how they used music to texturizing his emotionally neutered performance.

I love how no one can actually shit on his performance but only on him as a person.

His roles in previous films don't matter at all as an argument and let's face it, his performance in Manchester by the Sea was the best performance of 2016, no one even came close really.
Absolutely zero "I'M ACTING!", 100% in character

Police station

Always squinting

>should have won not only for acting merits

Can you read English or are you working on it?

this is gonna sound faggy but have you ever felt dead inside? he portrayed it perfectly, he looks like he's not there, like he's not trying, like he's autistic, it's exactly how it's supposed to be.

He deserved an oscar for Jesse James

brad pitt outshined him so nope he didn't

>it's a NEETs on Sup Forums pretends that they're movie critics and know everything about acting when they're actually only browse this board to shitpost and act 'superior' to others by lying and being anonymous, bunch of autists who can't even relate to human emotions and critiques a top tier multi-millionire playboy actor who just won his first oscar making his life a thousand times more important than all you fucking retards combined episode

i think he did good

This. Manchester by the Sea was edited to make it seem like he put in a good performance, but he was mediocre as fuck.

Oscar should've went to Sunny Pawar for Lion.

ONE, NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

he looks like he's smirking.
I'm sure Casey was coked up on set.

>co-wrote fences

Literally he didn't.

>people discussing something
>come in and start sperging out
Yeah you showed them.

he read what you said plain and simple. what he said still stands up.

Your posts are TERRIBLE on Sup Forums

>"yeah he was not that good, mediocre really"
>thinking that's an actual valid discussion

sure thing buddy

javier bardem deserved that oscar 100% so no

implying the oscars mean anything really.

a stick of metal

M E T A L

This t b h, they gave one of those sticks to a literal piece of propaganda for fucks sake, they signify absolutely nothing.

Viggo FTW imo

Yup, it's just a night for industry to pat itself on the back and further sell their movies

I agree completely, but Lonergan and Casey had a well-deserved win for original screenplay and best actor, any other outcome would make no sense really