Most fun low-budget horror/sci fi B movies

I love the broship in pic related.

Pic related was my favorite part

Kinda felt bad being the only one in the theater on opening night tho. This movie deserves more credit than it gets. It pioneered the video game to movie transition.

>Dante travels across a desolate, futuristic Spain in search of his girlfriend, Ula. He is pursued by a bloodthirsty, cybernetic Rottweiler.

Resident Evil

>It pioneered the video game to movie transition.
What do you mean by this?

I like this. Possibly the only role where I found Matthew McConaughey actually decent.

Tragically forgotten sci-fi monster fun with an emphasis on grotesque practical effects.

>tfw no one ever taped Rosamund Pike's naked play

Probably that it was no Super Mario Bros.

Doom pulled off the atmosphere, the CGI, even had a badass first person scene.

Compare it to something like Hitman (both films), which was almost as good.

>movies that are better than the games they're based on

This is low budget? I would have thought this was pretty expensive. Great movie. Agreed on Mathew I didn't even know it was him til years later.
This sounds promising for some good fun. Will check out.

Wow, you're an asshole.

Because he's not wrong?

>This sounds promising for some good fun. Will check out.
If you want something very similar in concept but less serious/desolate in execution, check out this one.

Wrong.jpg

In what sense are Doom and Silent Hill, the movies, better than their source material?

By the way, the only reason I've excluded Resident Evil is that I've never seen any of the movies.

>directed by Adnrehjh Batokragwaik

Thanks but no thanks, movie was dumb and a snoozefest, total opposite of what Doom stands for

The RE movies are trash tier. Don't bother.

an actual plot

>TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND: The Movie

The first 2 are good IMO. Wouldn't bother watching any after that.

>Jean Claude Van Damme mixing up martial arts, swordplay, gunfighting as a "slinger" against roving bands of flesh pirates in a post apocalyptic nightmarescape to save a cyborg with the cure for the plague that destroyed civilization

Low budget slapdash science fiction action was never better.

The plot for both movies are garbage and literally never should have happened.

Shit, I remember seeing that cover all the goddamn time at Hollywood.

I also liked that one. Nice bit of sci-fi fantasy schlock.
But while it had B-movie writing, it wasn't exactly low-budget though.

Basically a sci-fi equivalent to Jackson's Braindead.

the only non-Stoker-adaptation vampire movie I actually quite enjoyed.
"Interview with the Vampire" is still the best to watch with your girlfriend, mind you!

>ywn stare at your sisters tits while escaping hell in an elevator

why live?

Maybe kind of a "Fuck you, I liked it", but I really think this movie is better than it had any right to be.

That movie was DooMed from the start. When we watched it back then we still sorta enjoyed it but still... it could've been SO MUCH BETTER. If they had stuck to the game's Hell-theme for example.

I actually enjoyed the "people are either inherently good or evil, let's find out together" plot. Obviously strayed from the source material, but I found it interesting at least.

Drink drain cleaner.

>In a futuristic London, the rising sea levels mean that large areas are under feet of water. Hauer plays a cop who previously lost his partner to some strange creature. Now the creature is back and its after him.

Fun characters, crazy action, very 80's/early 90's atmosphere.

>DUDE

>KONAMI HAS MADE A GOOD GAME BESIDES MGS V

>LMAO

Nautical sci-fi monster action. Sadly, it failed to make much of a splash.

>Doom
>low budget

these are not low budget

>tfw you contribute nothing of value to a thread

TBF OP defined parameters for "low budget"

never*

YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD COP DEAD

I love Dead Heat. It resonates with another unsung classic, Freaked, in that it manages to take some morbid subject matter and play it for some great laughs.

Dead Heat is about Zombie cops. First one, then two. It preceded the first Resident Evil game by eight or nine years, but the two manage to complement each other as effective parody.

Matthew is a decent actor, but you need to watch something else than his shitty romcoms

Freaked is fucking hilarious.

Recommending VIRUS and Screamers. Probably my two favourites in lowish budget sci-fi horror

I liked the "plausible vampires" approach and the noir-ish look of the movie.
The last third of it just sucks though.

all those ones that came out between 97 and 2001

I remember being hyped for weeks over the Space Channel airing VIRUS as a friday night fright. It wasn't quite what I expected, but I'm sure I could appreciate it more as an adult. Still one of my favourite horror monsters too.

this, the characters start out pretty weak but they grow on your. the sets and atmosphere is very good but the monster is only seen at the end so most of the movie is basically a cyberpunk detective story.

Your recs remind me of this and Hardware.

>VIRUS
The 1999 one? That one has such friggin great makeup and puppetry work! It's not a low-budget movie though.

tentative bump

Is 1>4>2>3 the proper ranking?

>also known as the deadly spawn 2

You have my attention.

saw this when it came out, chocolate and coffee ever since

4 and 2 are tied for me. 3 was the worst by far.

Weird sci-fi horror about a neuroscientist whose research leads him down a path of utter madness.

>A group of scientists have developed the Resonator, a machine which allows whoever is within range to see beyond normal perceptible reality. But when the experiment succeeds, they are immediately attacked by terrible life forms.

This was just pure fan service, as was Pike

this isn't dead alive, right?

No, Dead Alive is "Braindead", this is "Brain Dead". It is the reason why Braindead had to be renamed for the US market, though.

>No
I meant Yes.

saw it at the theater
great movie

Matt McConaugheyheyhey is actually a really good actor, have you been under a rock for the last 5 years?

Vampires in space. Plus, Michael Ironside.

DOG SOLDIERS

Dunno bout low budget (20 million) but I love it.

More like pure kino.

this. comfy as fuck movie

Where does 5 stand in?

Haven't seen it yet.

Mortal Kombat came out a decade earlier to a far better reception.

it was very much like resident evil 1, where you could tell at least a few of the staff had fought to be a part of the project because they loved the games and wanted to do them justice
some things i liked, like the homages they did, like the shot for shot recreations of the fire escape transition and the bowling alley
some things I didn't like, like pyramid head being in it, the final boss, and the writing

They nailed the Doom 3 aesthetic.

It's just a shame Doom 3 was mediocre so they weren't working with much.

true.

yeah

I remember this one.

Never seen the movie, though.

Never understood why it got so much hate. Wasn't a great movie but not bad. The Rock was great in it too.

Dog Soldiers is fucking great.That shit still scares me.

Nude scene for quite literally no reason at all whatsoever

the nazi guy from man in high castle is in this

good movie