Hiking

>hiking
>gets dark
>start hearing coyotes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DKX-2pa-UE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

same

The only adult who has ever been by coyotes was a woman.

should I have been scared? Sounded like a whole pack

Unless you get somewhere near gnarly where they can all ambush you at once you really shouldn't be that worried. I saw a bunch of coyotes while walking my dog at night once and they didnt even attack us, just kept going around in the dark.
But while hiking you should always have some weapon with you just in case, I usually either have a knife or a stick, wish i could take my gun in some cases but its not legal.

the dog probably helped you. It was just me and a girl

You shouldn't be worried especially if theres another person with you.
Worst case scenario you can give them the girl as food and run for your life.

We don't have coyotes here, only jackals, and they are scare of you

do they bite you?

we picked up some rocks because she looked on her phone that they would be scared by noise and throwing stuff. Honestly it made the hike great

Don't listen to this retard. A pack will kill you. Take a gun.

yeah just making noise is a good idea to scare away most predators, even bears will avoid an area if they hear humans making a shitload of noise. Most animals know that they should stay away from humans and rightly so.

Can they kill you? Yes. But how likely is it that they will attack you?

I'm scared of stepping on rattle snakes when I go hiking
They are fucking everywhere

no
but i give them circumcise

>A pack will kill you

Coyotes have killed a grand total of 2 people in North America and 1 of them was a small child. Attacks are uncommon and they rarely cause serious injury. You really don't need a gun to defend yourself from coyotes.

Could be worse. We don't have coyotes this close to the city but I take a gun out at night anyway. Lots of gangs/crackheads/heroin addicts/ghetto blacks hanging around here.

Carry a stick with you and if you know that there are snakes in the area watch your step. Also make sure to stay on the main trail. Snakes are very afraid of humans are prefer to avoid them, they don't really gain anything by biting and instead risk dying so they stay away from where a lot of people walk.
Not to mention that they have a fucking warning mechanism on their tail.

>cityboys are afraid of doggies
>don't know that they are cowardly as fuck and most likely wouldn't even come near you

Feels good to be a countryboy

>hiking
>gets dark
>start hearing coyotes
>bloodbath tonight

retards here think it's a good idea that wolfes has settled down here in denmark recently. they really don't understand why we killed them all in the first place. they just go

>danish nature is boring!! we need wolves!!XD
>farm animals disappear
>sheeeiiit XD

Gonna have a big supper?

I'm in Arizona on travel. How worried should I be of rattlers and scorpions?

Usually city people have a boner for wolves and think they are beautiful harmless animals. Ask anyone who has to deal with actual wolves and they only have negative views.
Depends where you hike honestly. But I imagine Arizona will have a fair amount of snakes.

>he's scared of coyotes

Dude, over in my state even the bears are fucking pussies.

I'm from the east coast and in Phoenix for work. It was just surreal as someone not used to the desert

Dude, I'm in West New Jersey and we get god damn coyotes. Fuckin' 'ell even the god damn black bears are total wusses. Just wave a big stick or an axe while yelling at them will do the trick.

'course then there's also bear hunting. That's west Jersey though, East Jersey folks are fucking bleed heart liberal pussies.

What is the point of hunting a bear? That's stupid.
I would hunt for food but i wouldnt go around jerking my self ego because I shot a big animal.

Lol, coyote. Nah, quit being a pussy.

You shouldn't have to worry about scorpions unless you're camping or some shit, or turning over rocks at night for some reason.. look out for vinegaroons tho.

Because they're all over the fucking place and a god damn pest? Do you people really think hunting these things is purely for trophy? God damn and I thought I was delusional.

Anyhow, no, it isn't for stroking of our egos. Mainly, it's to get rid of oversized boar equivalents that grew ten populations too big.

I actually did not know that, thanks for telling me.
There is not really a bear problem here in SoCal, and in places like Yosemite bears just roam around freely and no one cares.

>hiking
>get dark
>get shot
such is life in amerikkka

Well, you learn something everyday.

Heh, talkin' about Yosemite bears, I can't tell which I should be afraid at the thought of: the fact that a good portion of the tourists think the bears and buffalo are these uber friendly cuddle creatures, the fact the Chinese tourists don't understand driving safety (bumrushing everything), or the fact that the European tourists don't understand common courtesy (like literally spending ten minutes in the middle of the road staring at a bear on one side of the road, seriously, pull the fuck over.)

I know that bears arent friendly, only an idiot believes that, but they certainly aren't demons that are out to kill you either. I remember bear man who thought that all bears were angels, he ended up getting eaten by one.

>missing cat signs in a neighborhood with coyotes

youtube.com/watch?v=0DKX-2pa-UE
Related kino

this, you are not allowed to hike in the dark

Owch, yeah. Surprisingly enough, brown bears attack usually for only territorial reasons. Now if blackies attack? Heh, they think ya food.

>being scared of coyotes

You're like 4 times their size lad, what is there to be scared of?

>move to bear territory
>consider them pests
>hurr durr mary ann hand me muh gun ive gotta git rid of these damn bears

>be riding my bike country roads trying to lose some of my McFatass
>come across some hicks on their combine
>they got three mutt dogs running around loose
>as I ride passed they gang up on my one runs up to bite me
>take out my Walther PPS and pop 5 rounds into it
>doggo falls to the ground
>give the hick on the combine a dirty look
>put away my glock 40 problem solver
> keep riding my bike like nothing happen

NEXT TIME HE'LL KEEP HIS FUCKING MUTTS LEASHED!!