What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Dragons

Didn't stick to the books desu~

Not following the books

It just went on too long.
Even the best shows like Breaking Bad or Sopranos just get stretched out and diluted. You can only have so many hours of the same thing.
GoT fell off much faster than other shows but it's inevitable sooner or later.

This fat bastard for not having any idea of what he's doing

They ran out of books and George left them to fuck it all up.

Jews being Jews.

they brought jon back for no reason even though he won't in the books

have to cater to that tumblr audience I guess

having no opportunity for any real character development as most characters die after a few episodes
an over reliance on action and titties instead of actual plot
It's not particularly well shot, something that might have compensated for having such a dire plot
most of the characters are literal retards and make no intelligent decisions, also aren't very likeable

Pick Any

literally SJWs, tumblr and feminism

the last season was a shitwreck of plot armour , ruined arcs and mary sues

Not reddit enough

>The plot stopped following the books around season 5
>Writers are fucking autists
>Panders to SJWs through Deneryz
>Hints of romance between a fucking eunuch and a scribe girl
And many more...

The director is in a bad tax bracket.

They killed of all the interesting characters.

Jon will be back in the next book.

Yep. I just lost interest somewhere around the Arya going to become a faceless man arc. I was satisfied with what I had seen and was tired of waiting for resolution.

ok GRRM

god damnit there fucking wyverns

Nope, he has warged into Ghost at the last moment before death. Sorry.

They should have slowed it down, included more characters, and been more faithful to the series. I don't care if it ended up being 15 seasons, it would have been better as a love letter to the books.

Why is Melisandre at the Wall?
Why all the mystery around Jon's parentage if he just dies before it becomes relevant?

back in the day i subscribed to some GOT theory/lore channels on youtube

videos that used to have hundreds of thousands of views easily now cant even break the 10k mark, its sad, really

they spent 2 seasons building her up only for her arc to fizzle and "resolve" in like 2 episodes

i REEEE'ed so hard at that

$$$$
actors demand more pay
most people pirate the show
more dragons = more cgi = more $$$

but i rather they cut down on the cgi and have more acting and drama too

Killed off all the good characters without bringing more interesting characters from the books so now you're left with uninteresting shit characters like Dany for the majority of the show.

Bought its own hype, thought it would be better off if it moved away from the source material.

Also
>starting a television adaptation of a book series that isn't complete

Joffrey and tywin's death meant the loss of two of the most entertaining characters and two best actors on the show since Ned and king Robert died

Mystery? Even a total numbskull can see that Jonny is the result of Rhaegar's dragon splooge in Lyanna wolfish snatch.

This wasn't the worst point

Not calling out the characters for their bullshit anymore and writing ooc shit
Like, the whole Arya part went to shit

Because tv writers never know what the fuck they are doing.

First season were based on the books. When that fat fuck couldn't come up with more books the show was finished desu. They should've just stopped doing it till the next book.

They cut out all the tax policy.

Why did jaqen h'ghar just let Arya go back to Westeros? I don't get it.

You made it clear that leaving the order meant death. So Arya kills mop head off screen off course but that should matt as we saw jaqen h'ghar die earlier and come back.

So she learned all the secrets of the faceless men and they're going to let somebody go around kill whom ever the want.

shouldnt matter*

don't the faceless guys have like a code of conduct they live by? since she says her name is Arya doesn't that paint a target on her back?

Eunuch and scribe girl ?

The whole Arya arc is shit
Daenerys became shit too. Even Tyrion

The Jon Snow was the best part and the bastard bowl was top tier, but they need to call her out for her bullshit

Jaime could be cool if he finally call Cersei for her bullshit too

>Daenerys became shit

she was always shit

But there was sex

it really makes me mad that gurms justification for making them wyverns is realism

what about the fact that they literally cannot fly even with a proper birb skeleton you fat fuck

It would be easier to ask what didn't go wrong when you're talking about one of the dullest franchise in the history of tv franchises. Seriously each episode following Daenerys and her wyvern pals as they fight assorted shitlords has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when GRRM vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his books which he will never finish before dying of fat. The GoT series might be anti-Tolkien (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-fantasy series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "dies."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred times. I was incredulous. GRRM's mind is so governed by cliches and literal shit metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of GoT by a Redditor. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading GRRM at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on Reddit." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "GoT" you are, in fact, trained to be a Redditor.

>Perhaps the die was cast when GRRM vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series

didn't know this

thanks for making my world a bit darker my man

>As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "dies."
>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated

can you elaborate on your meaning?

No enjoyment allowed.

Cucked newfags

Harold Bloom pasta

gosh darn it! :(