Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGlSyFijXjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Daily Reminder that Ernie Barguckle is a smoking cat

what did they mean by this?

I don't get this, why does Garfield have the pipe again
>POOK!

can someone please post the full transcript of the hour long masterpiece?

Do you understand?

I understand

I don't, either. It seems like an edit, but apparently this strip was printed in newspapers and book collections like this. It's some anti-humour dadaist shit.

Are you blind? THE. CAT. HAS. YOUR. PIPE.

Jon gave it back once he realized the pipe was inside Garfield's gross cat mouth.

he gave it back once he realized his cat had been slobbering all over it

When we reach our goal, what do we have left? Jon has devoted himself to his search for his pipe, to retrieving it from Garfield, that once he has it he no longer wants it.
He will never be fulfilled. Even when he has found his pipe, he will still be looking for it.

But that one actually has a joke
>Jon takes pipe from Garfield
>Realizes that it has been in Garfield's mouth
>Gives it back to him

Garfield is chaos

Is this unfunny cunt dead yet?

What? There are two pipes. Garfield got a new one, somehow. At least, that is how I interpret it. Garfield's pipe-smoking cannot be stopped.

why the fuck does a cat hate mondays. he doesnt work

No, you're still alive.

You need your reading comprehension fixed.

It represents the cycle of life, the start and end of every human. In the first panel, Jon, representing the father, yanks his Pipe, which is the essence of life, from Garfield. This is the start of life. He starts putting the pipe in his mouth but hestitates, as like something is wrong. He then proceeds to look directly at the viewer, contemplating, or maybe thinking about something we SHOULD know, but we don't. With his half-closed eyes he implies his discontent, but at the same time his lack of surprise. As if this is not the first time he encountered this bizzare moment. While the transition to the final panel is not explicit, Jim Davis leaves the viewer, us, to interpret how Garfield takes The Pipe back. Perhaps Jon gives it back voluntarily, or maybe Garfield steals it while Jon is sitting in his chair, reading the newspaper, unaware of the tragedy that is about to occur. Finally, the strike of Jim's genius is truly shown here, as the final panel transitions into the first again, continuing the never ending cycle of The Pipe and the orange cat. Bravo Davis.

because Garfield is the embodiment of the shitty comic strips that middle-aged office workers like to pin in their cubicles.

Garfield is your overweight coworker cat lady account analyst "bitch about anything she can" watch shitty sitcoms dumb cunt's favorite comic strip.

I fucking hate Garfield

It's okay if you don't get Garfield

Why was Garfield ever popular in the first place? shit was never funny and the cat isn't even cute

What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=HGlSyFijXjQ

He was the lazy, grumpy, cynical pet the '90s deserved.

He meant this

He hates mondays, just like me!!

Garfield hates his own birthday

it's an existential examination of going through the motions despite knowing the unsatisfactory ending, brilliantly portrayed in only 3 panels

antisemitism

it's funny when you realize it's a suicide joke

Even as a kid I thought "drug out into the street and shot" was harsh.

>a cat in this room what have trouble differentiating the wall from the floor, add to that the cat's known spacial confusion and you have the makings of a 'cat rage room'

Suck it up cucks-in-mom's-basement.

Jim Davis Net Worth: Jim Davis is an American cartoonist who has a net worth of $800 million dollars.

Is that a real thing?

>Tfw smart enough to have enough sense of humor to appreciate Garfield scripts.

enjoy

Good for him, garfield still sucks. We all saw what happened when they tried going from 3 pane comics to the big screen.

(we)
((((((((((((((((you))))))))))))))))

You forgot the 7 seasons of Garfield and Friends on the small screen.