Is this the most brilliant scene in TV history? From the meaning behind it to the type of shots that were used

Is this the most brilliant scene in TV history? From the meaning behind it to the type of shots that were used.

Other urls found in this thread:

masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/
songfacts.com/browse-song-i-1.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was kinda ham fisted, desu

"remember the good times!"
*pops onion ring in mouth*

Suck me off Tony, while Carmela is chained up in the corner and have to watch.

> the letter 'i' is missing
> the photograph in the background is blurred
> that facial hair on anthony jr

what does it all mean?

Honestly, I really didn't appreciate it the first time I saw it until I read this guy's blog post about it that does a good job of analyzing everything in this scene: masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

Reaching this scene on my second viewing was like a roller-coaster. The entire show was actually better for me the second time I watched it.

>characters constantly talking about what its like to die
>you probably don't hear it happen
>3oclock

People who say Tony didn't die are wrong, the writers made it clear for people who were paying attention.

haha, the irony is that the guy playing Tony is dead now and stuff.

>linking MOS in a year that isnt 2008

watch it, user

Sorry, Pauldola

Where do you think 3oclock comes in?

Sorry OP. You can rarely have a decent sopranos thread here any more. Too many queers and memeing faggots, better luck next time.

Tony was killed by the MO jacket guy when he came out of the bathroom which was on Tony's 3oclock

I suppose it is
Why Paulie 3oclock?

Also this was meant to be a homage to the Godfather's restaurant scene.

Please excuse my mudda

Because MO hit the bathroom up first?

that's a stretch, user much like caitlyns jeans!!!

not being on them superior azn hunnies

What's a show that will make take me on a ride as fun as The Sopranos, lads? Please help your fellow user.

Yes.

Also AJ says it was Tonys favourite scene in the movie.

THICC

You think Meadow heard her masturbating late at night when she thought she was asleep?

It's the peak of television user.

WISS CALRELL

>THICC
fuck off reddit nigger

the wire. apart from that, nothing.

congratulations, you've reached Sup Forums nirvana, and will continue to chase that high for the rest of your life, but it forever staying out of your reach....

First 2 seasons of Boardwalk empire help.

Is he right, Sup Forums?

Paulie probably died the same way after

t. breaking bad fan

Imagine being on your knee and she thrust her pussy on your tongue

nobody wants to kill tony. he wins and he has no ennmy

>implying new york was going to fight a turf war and agree to a truce

Most of the crew were dead, somebody had to fill the void.

>Most of the crew
>silvio
>bobby

>> the letter 'i' is missing
There aren't any songs that start with "I"
>> the photograph in the background is blurred
It's called "depth of field". So is the face of that guy.
>> that facial hair on anthony jr
He's a douchebag.

Why the fuck did they cast him for Tony's son anyway? The guy looks 110% Irish.

He kinda looked like a fat bully when he was little. There's no telling how child actors are going to grow up.

He looks more like a child tony and carmela could produce than meadow

He never looked like a bully. I think it worked out well, being a similar build to carms father.

did you miss the entirety of season 1?

>Iler was born in New York City and is of Irish descent.

Well that explains that.

Explain

Also I actually laughed out loud when I heard that filename in Paulie's laugh. Nice

Silvio is in the hospital at the end, it's not known if he died or not.

RIP Bobby though.

Bobby... had a hard life.

He played a bully in a movie or two.

Who gives a fuck faggot? It's like knowing James Caan isn't Italian

s1 great
s2 really great
s3 still good
s4 going down
s5 getting desperate
s6 pleb tier filler trash.

what point are you trying to make reddit? Neither of them were going to doing anything to help the family

carlo

> Calling someone "reddit"

Your parents must be so proud. Why don't you go upstairs and ask them

nice tumblr gifs

Vitp Spatafore is an AAASS muncher

why don't you go back redditfag?

>calling someone a basement dweller

wow sweetheart ur parents must be, like, so proud

Everybody Hates Chris final is better

Thick, Solid, Tight

kill yourself reddit

And a good Sopranos thread has been ruined. Unsurprising.

It's a fucking rorschach test masquerading as well thought out art with deeper meaning. It's a fucking cop out, and a big FUCK YOU to the viewer designed to draw in plebs. It's shit.

>good Sopranos thread
Half this thread is retarded meme shit.

you seem confused

>it was kinda ham fisted, desu
Wrong.
You must be thinking of The Wire. The most hamfisted show of all time.

ignore any Wire or Boardwalk posts they are plebbitors

Watch The Shield next, its leagues above those reddit fedora core shows. Actual sincere television.

whats the matter, mate? is your gravy not good tonight?

>and a big FUCK YOU to the viewer designed to draw in plebs
after all those years the final shot of the show was designed to draw in plebs. interesting.

You just know that Vito is thinking about slobbering all over Anthony's sausage in this screenshot.

I don't think he's using the right olive oil

i think you're just a fucking faggot user

Boardwalk was a pretty good show

Wow, language.

The onion ring in mouth was representative of the communion, the way they all placed it in their mouth because it was their last supper.

Does that mean the person that clipped Tony was the son of a rival?

Do you just come here for attention reddit?

but carmella says tony's favourite GF moment is when Michael goes back to Sicily

songfacts.com/browse-song-i-1.php
There are, its representative of him no longer putting I (him) first

Rome

To be non violent or suggestive, she doesnt want that life or to support it, she just reaps the financial benefits to the point she will keep quiet and ignore it.

how do you end such a good show with the worst song of all fucking time

I fucking despise Don't Stop Believing I can't even describe it in words the amount of rage I feel just hearing that piano kick in holy fuck

the show wasn't really aimed at kids user

Why can't stupid people into ambiguity? The ending is great because it's both symbolic of death (Tony's, the show's) and the opposite: lack of closure to subvert TV cliches, an endless life of ambiguity (paranoia for Tony, discussions for the audience); using cinematic techniques to create tension despite all the elements on-screen being ordinary and there being no proof of a criminal element. It's an American family having dinner, but there's something wrong going on, something fucked up lurking around: this is what The Sopranos had been about (social commentary on contemporary American families and values) during its entire run, it was never "just" about gangsters killing each other.

>Why can't stupid people into ambiguity?
why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?

why don't people shit in your mouth and fuck your girlfriend?

>its a carmela and furio episode.

This. I f**king love dubstep!!!1

It might have been ambiguous if there was a fade to black and credits, but not with the sudden cut of sound and image at that moment. The directing was too good for you pseuds to shit on it with your theories of ambiguity.

the onion ring was a symbol of the inescapable family legacy of low-class thuggery, speaking in platitudes he never lived up to while destroying his family and the lives of everyone around him u dumb cunt

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

>its a Tony contemplates his own mortality epsiode

Literally did nothing wrong. Just breaking balls.

ignore him he literally derails every Sopranos thread

Just started reading it and while what this guy wrote makes sense the scene itself isn't executed how he describes it. For example, those "pov shots" are not really pov shots save for the first one: we get a close up of the door every time and unless tony is looking through a binocular that wasn't a pov. Also for some reason we are shown twice as the guy who allegedly kills tony walks in, as in it wasn't "looking at tony - bell rings - looking at the door", it was more like "looking at the door, bell rings - looking at tony - looking at the door".

Also if a claim that showrunner wanted the blackness to last until the next stuff begins without showing the credits really shows that he wasn't really doing a subtle thing, more like in your face thing, there was no ambiguity in his mind so why the fuck didn't he outright say afterwards that tony is dead? I mean sure, he ended up creating a great thing but if it wasn't really in his plans to leave stuff to interpretation than he is simply stroking his dick with making the "greatest show ending of all time" even though it wasn't his plan. I mean there is nothing wrong with riding the wave but it somehow lacks humility, dunno.

Oh please, he was baiting them and got exactly what he asked for

underrated meme

also: i just finnished sopranos and feel empty. what shall i watch now?

>carm with the pepe pose

David Chase is the architect of the last 2 years.

The Sopranos

Okay, after reading

“Tony was dealing in mortality every day. He was dishing out life and death. And he was not happy. He was getting everything he wanted, that guy, but he wasn’t happy. All I wanted to do was present the idea of how short life is and how precious it is. The only way I felt I could do that was to rip it away.”

Why Chase insists on keeping in slightly ambiguous makes sense, there is definitely a power in "ripping it away".