Been watching X-Men so I can check out Logan, but good God they've been awful...

Been watching X-Men so I can check out Logan, but good God they've been awful. Only redeeming parts so far (at First Class) are Fassbender and McAvoy's performances. I thought X2 was horrible, contrary to what everyone thinks apparently.

Also, what the fuck was this? lmfao youtube.com/watch?v=XvMTv43LO58&feature=youtu.be&t=1m6s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNDXTa6KNLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BgK_Er7WZVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And X-Men: Origins: Wolverine may have been one of the worst movies I've ever worn my two eyes out on.

> X-Men: Apocalypse
I turned it off after about 25mins.

First class and DOFP are pretty much the only decent films, and DOFP would be much better if singer hadn't touched it. I do no understand why the keep letting him make films

>10/10
>9/10
>8/10
1. Logan (Mangold, 2017)
2. X2 (Singer, 2003)
>7/10
3. Deadpool (Miller, 2016)
4. X-Men (Singer, 2000)
5. X-Men: First Class (Vaughn, 2011)
6. X-Men: Apocalypse (Singer, 2016)
>6/10
7. X-Men: Days of Future Past (Singer, 2014)
>5/10
>4/10
8. The Wolverine (Mangold, 2013)
>3/10
9. X-Men: The Last Stand (Ratner, 2006)
>2/10
10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Hood, 2009)
>1/10
>0/10

Those were my thoughts on the franchise - just marathonned them all with my girlfriend before we saw Logan (yeah, I know I enjoyed Apocalypse more than most people)
Yeah, I liked X2 a lot. Sorry you didn't - why is that? What were your gripes with it?

You don't need to watch the rest of the X-Men movies to see Logan. Only a fourth of it really happened, and not like that.

Does he actually say "fourth" in the US cut? It's "quarter" in the trailers I've seen and the version I watched here (Ausfag)

Maybe it's because I'm not a comic fan, but to me it felt very boring with little character development and, while it had a big focus on plot, that couldn't stop the fact the plot sucked too. As for my ratings (thus far)...

X-Men (2/10)
X2 (2/10)
X-Men: The Last Stand (3/10)
X-Men: Origins: Wolverine (1/10)
X-Men First Class (7/10)

Looks like I didn't remember a quarter of the quote

On second thought, might give First Class a 6.

Also watching because I like Fassbender, I guess.

What shit taste you have

Isn't Singer a kid diddler?

Looks like you really hate Singer.
Did you hate Superman Returns, too?

The first two Wolverine solo films aren't great but if all you care about is Logan you could probably get away with skipping the X-Men films and just watching those.
Although then you'd miss out on McAvoy and Fassbender.

Your opinion means literally zero unless you give me something to quantify it by. Post ratings or hush.

Haven't seen Superman Returns.

I think it's three separate plaintiffs now and all three have settled out of court, which means one of three things.
1. he gave them money to shut up
2. he blackmailed them with something they've done bad enough to get them to shut up
3. he convinced them he'd win and they'd lose a shitload in legal fees so they shut up
Money is probably the most likely.

nice dubs

Anyway, you have to keep in mind that the movies are judged through the lens of their respective time periods, and probably some nostalgia alongside them. The Superhero genre was, until, the 2000s, very campy and formulaic. So at the time, X-Men (2000) and Spiderman (2001) a year later, were seen as revolutionary in their tonal shift towards more serious/adult/political themes. The first several X-Men were widely regarded, for them being a metaphor for civil/gay/ rights activism. Seeing Hugh Jackman as being this brash, masculine, everyday man, anti-hero was novel etc. The CGI was brand spanking new at the time etc.

So maybe it's hard for you to appreciate the X-Men movies because you're too young, and don't realize how cheesy the movies and cartoons were in the 80s/90s. The X-Men animated series, a childhood classic for most 80s and early 90s kids, was stupid and cheesy -- I went back and watched it today. The Batman movies of the 90s, think like Batman and Robin are extremely campy.

So until Nolan's Dark Knight series came on the scene, these films were kinda the bridge between that campy era and the more serious capeshit we have today.

Yeah, some scenes in First Class were cheesy, so what? That particular nazi scene was referencing Eric's past, which was briefly explored in X1. I think most us appreciated more 'backstory'.

Well, I tried my best to offer some apologetics, but if you don't like the films, and many don't, then whatever.

>Yeah, some scenes in First Class were cheesy, so what? That particular nazi scene was referencing Eric's past, which was briefly explored in X1. I think most us appreciated more 'backstory'.

Yeah, but that must've been the longest "nein" ever. Up there with kid Wolverine shouting NOOOOOOOO at the start of Origins.

On the other hand, I thought this scene was fantastic (but he should've said his final lines in German, imo). youtube.com/watch?v=wNDXTa6KNLQ

Yeah, well, Singer and many of the writing staff/producers are Jews. They probably get some catharsis out of making out the Nazis to be as cliche and evil as possible. It's a bit much for an otherwise, mostly, serious film. I'll give it a pass.

Logan = DoFP > Deadpool > First Class > X2 > X1 > The Wolverine > Origins

X3 doesn't deserve a rating?

I'm gonna be honest, I completely forgot it even existed.

I feel I was better off that way now that it's entered my mind.

I only gave it a 3/10 earlier because they killed off Jean Grey (who I honestly just hate in these movies). Otherwise, it's a pretty unremarkable film.

>NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAein

OP is a huge faggot.

You honestly sound like the 'no fun allowed' type. That scene with kid Lensherr was obviously just an homage to the Star Wars 'Nooooo...!' from Luke. Don't be so critical man. Have you ever lost someone? People are very dramatic when grieving/distraught

As for the rest of the X-series. I like them, but I was also born in 90', and grew up with them. I identify every film with a different phase in my life. I guess, you as someone just marathoning it on a whim, will never be able to sympathize, with 'growing up' on films like that. I bawwed my eyes out seeing Logan die because it felt very much like seeing a father die.

I have a general disdain for the MCU films. As much as they fucked one, or several of the X-films, weighted as a whole, I find them to have more depth and soul than MCU. Sue me.

youtube.com/watch?v=BgK_Er7WZVg
just realized this is the same kid

Really? I've never seen any of the X movies and I was completely lost for the first half of the movie.

Why were the X-Men disbanded?
Why are Logan, X and Caliban the only ones left?
Who is Caliban?
What happened when Professor X had that massive seizure that's alluded to?
What happened at Liberty Island?
Are mutants outlaws? Why?

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIN

>Why were the X-Men disbanded?
>Why are Logan, X and Caliban the only ones left?
>Who is Caliban?
All of these were explained in the film, did you not even pay attention?
>What happened when Professor X had that massive seizure that's alluded to?
It's implied that this is what wiped out the X-Men, again, in the movie.
>What happened at Liberty Island?
>Are mutants outlaws? Why?
These are the only questions that required previous viewing, but the outlaw one is pretty simple since it's nothing more complicated than they're "different".

I think my enjoyment of X-Men and X2 was down to my young age. I recently saw the first on TV and it was so unbelievably shit.

It does have it's merit as the first commercially successful adaptation of capeshit since Batman Returns.

Sick meme. 'Inglorious Bastards' are allowed to have fun abut no one else? Is that your stance?

>I thought X2 was horrible, contrary to what everyone thinks apparently.
It's almost as if you think that BECAUSE everyone else thinks the opposite. What a neat way to get attention, eh user?

I didn't rape your damn childhood, mate, calm down.

Why did the doctor want to capture the kids in Logan if they were just going to kill them anyway?

>an x men movie focusing on Charles acquiring young teens to join the academy
>Bryan Singer didn't direct
how did this happen, looking back? Singer must have really fallen out with Fox when they overlooked him not having the casting couch for the young male parts

They didn't want to kill them *all*. They were putting them to sleep, literally sleep, until they could find another way of controlling them. They only killed the ones that revolted/tried to escape. You can imagine, that every kid was incredibly costly to make, so they're not going to write-off their projects so easily. Maybe the next phase was trying to mind control them, using a clone with Xavier's abilities. Who knows.

We're you not paying attention?

>Why were the X-Men disbanded?
They were accidently killed by Cabinet along with a ton of students

>Why are Logan, X and Caliban the only ones left?
They're probably not the last, everyone is just scattered.

>Who is Caliban?
Well they did say in the movie that he could sense other mutants, but not really "who" he was.

>What happened when Professor X had that massive seizure that's alluded to?
He and Logan went into hiding so Xavier wouldnt be arrested for injuring and killing civilians and also just in case there was another incident.

>What happened at Liberty Island?
Idk, assuming x1 didn't happen.

>Are mutants outlaws? Why?
No, but that company put that chemical in the food and water supply to stop new mutants. Also they wanted them for research

I watched first class and their performances are crap. Fassbender especially is an angsty cunt through the entire movie.

Cabinet lol autocorrect.

Xavier

Didn't really show that much range in this movie, imo. Watch another movie of his. He's great.

I don't know man, he made such a big deal about his grown Wolverine being better. They could have at least used some tranqs instead of running head first into death over and over.

Don't need yo watch previous movies to watch Logan

He's pretty good, yeah, but not in these X-men movies.

But by hunting and killing them, even if he feels justified, he is becoming just as monstrous as he viewed them. That's the point of his arc in the first half of the movie.

Why do plebs hate Origins: Wolverine anyway? Is it the CGI?

Some of the music is okay. Jackman's performance is good. Schrieber's performance is good.

Those are literally its only redeeming qualities. Every single other aspect of the movie is bad.