What we've learned this season:

What we've learned this season:
>non-Power 5 teams will never make the playoffs/win a National Title
>Winning your conference (or even division) means nothing
>Early season losses mean less than late season losses
>Losses mean more than wins
>Regular season committee rankings don't matter, unless you lose to a low ranked team

What else?

The committee is a scam. Wisconsin should get in over Alabama. They have the better resume if they are so hung up about muh losses.

>Regular season committee rankings don't matter, unless you lose to a low ranked team
This has been the case ever since the BCS was made.

"Other relevant factors" is just code for "being Alabama"

the tears over the last 24 hours have been delicious

roll damn tide

What year did you graduate from the University of Alabama?

>roll damn tide
>AUS flag
nice one, dumbass rooposter

as an actual current student of bama, even the population of the city is split over how they feel
we're happy, of course, but a lot of people feel we didn't deserve it

BCS was fine. Computers aren't biased. The committee's "eye-test" means "eye went to SEC, so eye will vote Alabama into the playoff". The bowls have become meaningless. Bring back the BCS. Reduce the number of FBS schools down to 50.

BCS was hot fucking garbage.

>trusts a faceless committee over a math forumula
>would rather see meaningless bowl games
>thinks the playoff actually determines a national champion when no one deserves such a title this year
>UCF and OSU won't even be involved, despite going undefeated and winning the Big Ten respectively
>no PAC-14 school in the mix
>Memphis only lost two games this season, both to UCF

Saban looked so happy when he went on ESPN today. He had been haggard on the sideline

>resident of country widely known for shitposting believes Alabama is top 4
gets the synapses firing

because they're never the best teams in the nation

conferences were invented to cut travel times. That's literally the only reason we have them and it's an arbitrary distinction. Winning division titles it is only for self-pride and should have no bearing on the playoffs

Because late-season is a more accurate representation of what the team looks like going into the playoffs. Don't penalize a team before they reach their top form

This is just common sense. A 2 loss team should never make the playoffs unless they blow out all of the top teams 73-0

Why should they matter? They're just there to help novices understand the game. The ultimate decision is always up in the air.

>Have 4-5 teams that could be argued in
>Use subjective measures to control narrative that there can only be a discussion between 2(bama/osu)
>Use parameters to decide between the two you didn't to bury the other 2-3

The cognitive dissonance was incredible

T. Bama fan pulling this many excuses out of his asshole.

Southerners hold an iron grip on the committee. The toothless rednecks are pure evil.

>Alabama fans
>ever setting foot in a lecture hall

How can these hicks pretend the CFP is a real national championship when a team like UCF can go undefeated in the division and not get into the playoffs?

There's so little direct competition between the conferences that it should definitely be a broader system that gives every dominant team and chance to prove themselves. This shit is embarrassing.

the eight team playoff idea with the six conference champions and two wild cards would be a pretty good system

theres only 5 power conferences, who's the 6th?

If Alabama wins(and they are favored to), then will /so/admit they made the right call?

They made it 4 teams because having 8 brings attention to the fact that the kids are literally making Jews billionaires for as much compensation as our janitors get here. I would've rather had it be 6 so the 5 conference champions plus one wild card go (two byes.)

All disgusting.

The big conferences only play about 10-14 games(a little less than one game per team) against the other four major conferences each year. 80-90% of that is in the first third of the season. It's all smoke and mirrors acting like we know how to weight a teams performance in their conference relative to another team because not only is there about a 1.5% they played each other, it's much more likely than not neither team played a common opponent, like OSU/Alabama

It's still dogma the SEC is the superior conference because of past performance but guess who's 2-0 vs the SEC this year? The Big Ten. Guess who has the best record vs. the other power 5 this year? The PAC 12. Why then was USC deemed unworthy of consideration if Ohio State was? Guess who has a losing record vs. The other power 5? The SEC. It's all subjective groupthink.

>Australia
>roll tide
Ok

Alabama is going to win the national title and there's nothing you can do about it

>WisKAWNsin

>Superior resume over Bama

>Best win was over the Fighting Kiffins

Well, at least they've won a conference title, can't say that about anyone on Bama's schedule

>P1G mental gymnastics

They need to make the playoffs 8 teams with the winner of each power conference getting an automatic bid and then the final spots being at large bids based on ranking.

If Alabama wins it proves they deserved to be there. If they lose you should hitch about them being there.

Wisconsin being ranked 4th going into Championship Weekend was the committee basically saying "we don't think you're that good but if you win we have to put you in, if you lose, fuck off." It was never about losses or wins, it was just the committee collectively deciding Wisconsin isn't as good a team as Alabama but giving them an opportunity and Wisconsin blowing it.

no matter what happens i think the ncaa did an awful job this year, not necessarily with the playoff selection but the bowl placements are all over the place and really terrible

I don’t disagree with you.

>the bowl placements are all over the place and really terrible
Bowls were killed the moment we switched to the BCS they were just bleeding out slowly. Now with the CFP it's a gushing wound. Bowls are dead. Fuck It's disgusting, but the fans, the NCAA, the schools, they're all to blame with this fruitless quest to find a "national champion" as if you could somehow have a fair system to do that with 130 FBS teams.

Not should they, for fuck's sake they only consider like 8 or 9 games out of the 12 game season. Conference championships don't care if Ohio State stomps on Oklahoma or if Penn State loses to Pitt, and therefore the title of winning your division/conference should be ignored.

>Because late-season is a more accurate representation of what the team looks like going into the playoffs. Don't penalize a team before they reach their top form
Only thing I disagree with. The whole season matters.

This is called hindsight bias

What is all the butthurt about? Bama is clearly a top 4 team and only had one loss and it was against another top 4 team. They should let in a team with more losses against worse teams? It makes no sense.

>Bama is clearly a top 4 team

Bama is going to turn out like Washington or OSU last year. It probably won't be a blowout, but they aren't going to win and I don't expect a close game. Hurts is a meme and they've played nobody. I'm predicting something like 24-17 Clemson.

4th pick was a shit a pick this year and probably came down to some retarded ass metric the committee didn’t think they had to use like a coin flip or phone vote. If Wisconsin won it solves everything. Also BCS would have tried to force Auburn and Alabama in along with Georgia. Everyone who wants BCS EEC biss back is fucking retarded. Sucks to be UCF but seriously who have they played.

Anyone wanting 8 teams is also dumb because the everyone under 3 is pretty undeserving. Yes even Bama.

Probably honestly so would any more of the other teams that had a chance to get in. Saban can always work some magic but I don’t think he can outscore OU.

God tier salt mining if Bama beats Georgia to win the title though.

How would that prove anything? It would be the right call if somehow Alabama proved they were better than USC or THE Ohio State University this year but they won't be able to. USC or THE Ohio State University could hypothetically have won from the 4th seed too.

But then, trying to discuss logic with an Alabummer hayseed is like trying to discuss astrophysics with a horse.

No that doesn't follow logically. Beating Clemson and Oklahoma doesn't prove that they are better than USC or THE Ohio State University you retard

Now can we have an 8-team playoff?
Then all these edge arguments can be settled and team 9 didn't really belong in the mix.

I love ohio state fans, it's so obviously mainly you guys complaining. Maybe if you didn't get blown out in a playoff last year, or gee Idk get absolutely bootyblasted by Iowa you'd be in. But the fact that Sup Forums thinks the committee just forgets about what happened last year is hilarious. Your tears are delicious

Roll tide roll

No team after Georgia belonged in the mix but we had to pick one

UCF doesn't deserve a top 4 spot. Who have the played ffs.

The only decent teams on their schedule USF+Memphis they struggled to win against, let alone P5 powerhouses like Wisconsin, OSU and Auburn.

Cant wait for them to get exposed in the Peach Bowl.

Scott Frost is the new head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers and there is literally NOTHING you salty faggots can do to stop it.

boiiii

>alabama fan
>mechanical engineer

couldn't think of a more homosexual combination

more like they hold an iron grip to College Football

Bowls killed College Football Div-1A

We could have gone the route like FCS Playoffs already, why haven't we did this in the first place.

I hate mechanical engineering desu. I should have gone into materials or metallurgical.

Your friendly reminder Alabama supports pedos

Dude, what website do you think you're on?

I don't even disagree with putting Bama in over OSU, but it's absolutely fucking disgusting listening to the ESPN talking heads shill the decision so fucking hard and completely misrepresent the arguments being made against it. It's not even that unpopular of a decision, so all they're doing is demonstrating how far up the SEC's asses ESPN has their dicks.

Bitch all you want but, the four best teams are in.

Enjoy winning 7 games and going to the nobodygivesashit.com bowl every year

And? He still has to get past Wisconsin, Iowa and possibly, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State.

His ceiling in the B1G is probably the same as Harbaugh's: 9 or 10 wins. That's nothing to be ashamed of, and could lead to a NY6 bowl, but the B1G is going to eat itself alive for a few more years.

For all the talk of the B1G being shit, they've got more solid teams than the other P5 conferences with the exception of--maybe--the SEC this year.

>Finish in four
As if any university wants its students to finish in four years. As if every university doesn't pack curriculums to all but ensure students are there for five years.

Basically this. ESPN is dog shit.

No, Big10 really just needs to go back to being TEN teams and scheduling tougher OOC games. Drop Illinois Nebraska Maryland Rutgers. Make an agreement with Notre Dame like they currently have with the ACC to play a handful of Big10 games yearly.

Nebraska to the Big 12, Illinois to the AAC, Maryland back to the ACC, and Rutgers can go with them.

What does that solve? Nebraska going back to its old stomping grounds? Are you implying they'd do better in the Big12? If so, they probably would. They'd only need to get past Oklahoma. Unfortunately, they'd have to do it twice a year.

It makes the BIG 10 the BIG 10 again. At least the PAC 10 changed their goddamn fucking name when they expanded.

UCF played literally NOBODY and cancelled 2 games. That’s why they’re undefeated and don’t deserve a shit at the natty.

Condy, don't you have something more important to be doing.

If Nebraska comes back the the Big 12, they’ll restructure it back into divisions. Like Nebraska winning north and Oklahoma winning south all the time is what made that rivalry the GOAT.

Good thing this isn't the BCS

>A 2 loss team should never make the playoffs...

This is bullshit and you know it. If Auburn had won the SECCG, they would be in with 2 losses and nobody would complain.

This is clearly the worst Alabama team since like 2008 and you would have to be delusional not to recognize that.

Actually I'm a Clemson fan and didn't really care to see Alabama OR Ohio State in. I wanted us to play somebody new this year. Now my only hope for an interesting playoff is that the Tigers win and face Georgia for the Natty.

>BCS

>implying this particular part is any different

If you can't even win your DIVISION in your conference, you absolutely should not be getting a chance at the national championship.

wtf we learned that last season when Penn State didn't earn a slot
Then again why didn't TCU or Baylor earn a slot? Cuz big 12 didn't declare a conference champion
The whole thing is rigged. That's why there need to be more teams in the playoffs

I was just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. As a bama fan and student, I am not complaining though (Barring us getting btfo by Clemson).

The AAC likes to pretend they're the sixth power conference. Hope Auburn beats the AAC champion by at least five touchdowns.

Eyyyy I'm a mech E student at Bama too right now, how is it for you? I'm a Sophomore right now taking thermo, statics, calc 3, and physics 2 next semester and I'm scared AF.

Why did you post a picture of toilet paper

Not according to literally any metric you could possibly use. OSU’s body of work is obviously superior in every way, so punditcucks and people like you just assert that “Bama was the better football team” without providing any evidence to back it up. I’m a USC fan but OSU earned the chance to compete hands down

>I'm a USC fan
Then stand up for the SEC, Gamecuck.

You know what happens in bowl games. Dogs win

UCF should be in over Bama

If you attend class and pay attention its not the worst man. Calc 3 is easier than 2, Physics 2 was easier than Physics 1 for me. Statics is ehh and Thermo I and II I got through. Really just show up and pay attention.

I was out drinking 3-4 nights a week as a sophomore and managed so I'm sure you can user.

I think Thermo II is a big hurdle, and then Fluids and Mechanics of Materials. Once you get through those its easier.

>Already got a job with a defense contractor secured
user, I'm sorry you didn't go to a GOAT cfb school for free and party your ass of all while earning a meaningful degree.

>GOAT cfb school for free
>party your ass off
>meaningful degree.

A math formula primarily based on faceless voters

UCF would be raped by 40 by any of the teams in the CFP

Maybe, but that's not based on anything other than guessing. Have you even watched a ucf game?

The only team team UCF would lose to is Oklahoma.

They'd beat everyone else by 10

t. Jealous soyboy

RTR

Dawgs fan here, hope to see you there

What are y'alls opinion on Willie taggart? I guess he'll be our next Head ball coach and I know fuck all about him except for he hasn't won more than 7 or 8 games in a season.

>Beat Memphis in overtime
>Beat South Florida by less than 10
These happened consecutively in the two weeks leading up to Auburn. They're going to get demolished, and if they got your wish, they'd be humiliated.

>every post from every tOSU in fan in 2105 the post

The BCS would have had Alabama in too, retard.

No idea what the fuck you all are talking about but that logo looks like a vagina
:DDDDD