What the fuck

>Former Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg says he "allowed Tottenham to self-destruct" when he refereed the 2-2 draw with Chelsea in May 2016 as Spurs conceded the title to Leicester.

>Spurs needed to beat Chelsea to retain any hope of winning the league.

>Clattenburg says he "went in with a gameplan" so he could not be blamed by Tottenham for losing the title.

>"If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.' It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title."

>Asked if he helped to "script" the game, he replied: "I helped the game. I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing.

>"Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would've been looking for an excuse.

>"But I didn't give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: Let them lose the title."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5EbAP1YWus
independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mark-clattenburg-tattoo-premier-league-referee-has-champions-league-and-euro-2016-designs-inked-on-a7169666.html
metro.co.uk/2016/02/19/stats-show-arsenal-would-top-premier-league-if-video-replays-were-in-use-5706207/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

redditspacing

What's redditspacing?

What's redditspacing?

Back the fuck off??

What's

redditspacing

?

>professional sports aren't rigged

Who cares lmao. Tottenshit losing the title is a good thing, no matter the circumstances.

The absolute madman.

Fucking hell, he thinks referees are part of the "theatre" and that he has a duty to "enhance" games. This is going to blow up.

>I think we're all part of theater. That's why the Premier League is the best league in the world. Its assisted by the best players, the best referees, the best coaches, and we've all got a duty to make sure the game's enhanced. The English style of refereeing is different; I had to referee differently when I went into Europe than I did in the Premier League because none of the top players in Europe would accept some of the physical contact that went on in the Premier League - but that was the theater, that's what people loved. They love a tackle, they don't want it punished.

>because none of the top players in Europe would accept some of the physical contact that went on in the Premier League
At least he's spot on about one thing

Mark Clattenburg "enhancing" a game here at 6:55

youtube.com/watch?v=p5EbAP1YWus

part of the theater m8

Top player needed to accept the physical contact that goes on in the premier league

Doesn't this count as match fixing on his part? And what the fuck is he talking about, 'enhancing the game'? He's just there to fucking officiate. Jesus Christ. Remember, a referee is only good when we can barely remember he was there.

*stabs referee in the parking lot*

part and parcel la

Literally every latin midget moving there from La Liga is dominating the fucking league. See Silva, Mata, Aguero, etc.

um...

racist

and

sexist

much

??

>That's why the Premier League is the best league in the world. Its assisted by the best players, the best referees, the best coaches, and we've all got a duty to make sure the game's enhanced.

my sides this is what anglos believe

hahaha great post

If your players get sent off then you blame the players, not the fucking ref.

This is genuinely unbelievable.

Also I hope we can now refer to every refball situation as "part of the theatre" or an "enhanced experience".

Well maybe Brits should stab this cunt too

The PL is the best league in the world and it does have the best coaches.

Everybody knows soccer is rigged af

He is getting arab bucks now

If the ref thinks he’s part of the theatre then I will blame him

It's especially bad considering in that game, the Tottenham players were making wild tackles that could have easily broken someone's leg. Both clubs also got fined for the ensuing fights. And Clattenburg is now admitting that he could have prevented it all but chose not to.

Watch as the FA completely ignores this.

Try actually reading what he said. He was refusing to send players off in situations where he knew there were red card offences.

Reminder that this cunt gets tattoos of high profile games he referees.

Please be fake.

Wasn’t he the one who had the white streak through his hair?

independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mark-clattenburg-tattoo-premier-league-referee-has-champions-league-and-euro-2016-designs-inked-on-a7169666.html

No... This is... No.

This guy is even more mental than ronaldo, pep and mou combined lmao. How can you be this far up your own ass?

whats wrong with tatttooing your biggest success ?

Clearly a psychopath.

Because in his mind he's some sort of movie director in charge of the script. Fuck everything about this.

>getting any kind of tattoo

Utter delusion desu. He probably thinks all the fans are there to watch him create 'theatre'

ITT: literal retards
holy shit this board never fails to disappoint

He takes his job very seriously

>rigging is fine

Hope Putin invades your shitty country soon.

I remember that game. Tottenham players were throw reckless tackles in every 30 seconds towards the end of the game. Clattenburg let it slide because of the drama of the night and the fact that he didn't want to be blamed for the result (even though they were going to tie or lose anyways).

I see nothing wrong with this.

We unironically need goons

I like theatre and I agree. Football itself is just too boring.

Basically inconsequential. The only fans that could have been mad were Leicester and Arsenal fans if Spurs had managed to win. An extra 2 points did nothing for Chelsea and the extra point did nothing for Spurs

t. American on vacation.

You're missing the point. That's his refereeing style, he's always been doing this. He's making up his own rules.

It's a referee's job to send players off when they make red card challenges. It's not his job to influence anything. One of those several Tottenham players that should have been off could have scored a winner.

Pretty sure all refs do though, he's just admitting it. Lets not forget how many years Fergie time existed for.

Don't get this meme about spurs and this game. Lesta won the next game three nil so made no difference. Early games cost spurs. Not not beating Chelsea

A leaf is right for once. He did nothing wrong. Had he red carded one of the players he would've been blamed for Tottenham losing the title. For the sake of the game and the drama of the night he let it slide and watched as they self destructed by themselves. They can't blame him since it was their fault for going full retard. It was the best thing to do in his position.

>admitting to match fixing

lul Jail it is

It's not just him desu, many top refs are afraid to take a high profile decision. Webb pretty much did it all the fucking time.

It's the implication. Not just that one game. He's admitted to being influenced by the media in his on-pitch decision making. He thinks he's "part of the theatre" and there to "enhance" games. There's a clear insinuation that if a game is a bit boring then he has no problem making it interesting.

>referee applies the rules based on what's happening on the pitch
>R-RIGGED

>For the sake of the game and the drama of the night
I keep forgetting that Americans like their ''''''''''sports'''''''''' over-dramatised and plastic.

Was getting caught part of his plan?

Lets also not forget without enhanced games Leicester never win the title. Do you prefer enhanced games and Leicester win or fair games and Arselel win

metro.co.uk/2016/02/19/stats-show-arsenal-would-top-premier-league-if-video-replays-were-in-use-5706207/

>changing the rules in the middle of the match is not rigging

rofl

>le 3 yellow cards man

Man Utd regularly scored in 'Fergie time' because they relentlessly attacked teams. Just like City are doing now. It's not crooked refereeing.

You know the reason why he gave the guy 3 yellow cards? He thought a guy called Josip Šimunić was australian

>He did nothing wrong. Had he red carded one of the players he would've been blamed for Tottenham losing the title

That flag. This topic. Are you serious? That's a fucking awful way to referee a game.

>Man Utd regularly scored in 'Fergie time' because
they were given lots of time to score

There's a lot of Croats in Australia but still, it's no excuse unless you're retarded

That's literally the way the BBC write their articles. They just put random sentences with information, all disconnected to each other and all with space in between.

As are City now. When the opposition team spends the entire half time wasting, you're regularly going to play to 95, 96 minutes.

All teams playing at home got a certain amount of 'extra' time when they were drawing or losing, with bigger teams getting more time. Man U got even more under Fergie but that was probably down to the atmosphere at Old Trafford (which is dead now anyway) and didn't make much of a difference

t. lifelong ABU

>wanting the referee to go by the book and stop the flow of the game
That's not football.

>player getting his leg broken because the ref is afraid of the media is part of the flow of the game

Neither is constant stoppages and yellow cards.
Glad (((Shattenburg))) is gone though. I'm waiting for him to make an unpopular decision in the Saudi league and get his arm chopped off at the tattoo

>expecting anybody to believe this false flagging '''''''''''''''lifelong ABU'''''''''''''
ay

>actually rigging the game
Would you still say that if Danny Rose had scored the winner that night after all those terrible fouls he made? Would you still say that if you were a Leicester fan and lost the title because the refree wanted to be the main character of the story?

>Neither is constant stoppages and yellow cards
What, dude? That's exactly what i'm saying.

>an actual decent point

Yeah, dude. As much as possible keep 11 men on the field. I hate players getting sent off for stupid bullshit.

>because the refree wanted to be the main character of the story
>Italian comprehension
It's the complete opposite, he didn't want to blamed after the match.

>If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title
>most yellow cards in a game
I don't get it

I don't have to hate them so much now that their reputation is ruined and Mouyes will drive them into the ground next season

If he sent off the players they would use that as an excuse
He gave yellow cards allowing more violent fouls and made them lose the title themselves

>getting sent off for stupid bullshit
You clearly didn't watch the game. Clattenburg admitted they should have been sent off, himself.

You're saying Clattenburg was right to book half the players rather than sending one of them off for a red-card offence?
And he wouldn't be the centre of attention if he made the correct decision

I've never seen anybody say that those Tottenham players getting sent off that night would have been "stupid bullshit". They were even fined by the FA. Congrats you're the first.

>sent off by the laws of the game
>can't be stupid bullshit

>And he wouldn't be the centre of attention if he made the correct decision
What would have happened is irrelevant, what matters is what he thinks would have happened.

>sent off by the laws of the game
I have a very simple question for you: did you watch the game? There is absolutely no way you believe they shouldn't have been sent off

this guy is one delusional piece of shit, he sounds fucking mental

I did watch the game, just forgot most/all of it.

I hate this bullshit that has formed that referees should "use common sense" or somehow adjust the rules for specific games.

A referee's job is to be a total neutral arbiter of the rules, not to make the game "exciting" or further a narrative. A referee should imagine they are a robot, if a rule is broken they blow their whistle and take necessary action

>what matters is what he thinks would have happened.
Yeah, exactly. He changed the way he officiated the game based on what the fans or players or media would say about him. It's arguably corruption, definitely incompetence

>>"Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would've been looking for an excuse.
tbqh I understand his point. If he gave out so many red cards, he'd have been villified and people would have been screaming about refball and calling for him to be fired. He might be a massive drama queen faggot, but that doesn't mean he isn't right that letting them implode on their own didn't give credence to the situation.

Fuck referees. Let the players decide what's a foul, and the kid whose ball it is gets the final say

I thought jews were supposed to be shifty bastards so why didn't the yids just buy the ref?

lel

Wew lad, why even come out and admit all of this?

Because Clattenberg always loved the attention, and he's no longer in the PL

Sports are entertainment, that's the whole point. Sports aren't anything sacred and a footballer is at the end of the day an entertainer. As far as you know those are probably the orders given by his bosses. Its not overedramatised because there's no script. He's just letting them act how they want while holding some control of the game but remains liberal enough to let them self destruct. Some people hate when a referee gives a red card in a final and then they always blame the ref for ruining the match. He just wanted to avoid that, you can't blame him. Likewise if Spurs where to lose let them be held responsible without anyone pointing to the ref. Heck had he given red cards properly Spurs would've lost even worse and then they would've blamed the ref by saying if x hadn't been sent off they wouldn't have conceded and could have won.

This isn't match fixing at all. He's not giving any team an advantage. There's nothing plastic here if anything its closer to what the raw match would be.

they got jewed by a crypto jew clatenberg obviously

please exclude us from your generalization