Teams loses every single match

>teams loses every single match
>cant be relegated because there's no such a thing
>stays in the same division as the champions
>america

You forgot
>Gets to pick the best prospects

>Oh yes, I get to watch Palmeiras/Corinthians win again this year!

thats right bitch lmao suck my dick MAGA

In soccer does a relegated team get replaced? Because the way our season is set up would demand that.

it does by a team that played good enough in a lower division

Yeah, new teams (Usually 3) get promoted from the lower league to replace the relegated ones. Repeat every year.

And yet they still can't win the next season.

Than what is the point of giving them the best prospect? I thought that this should bring parity to the game.

What's even the point of lower tier leagues when they can't ever get promoted?

>Then
fix'd

>united states of beetus

We promote individuals from those leagues not whole teams.

some teams can't pick the right prospects

>Be the worst team of the season
>Not making any efforts to win
>Get to choose the best new players first in the draft

>Shitter Players get replaced by better player next draft season and from developmental
>Shitters get sent back to minor or developmental leagues, or are never heard from again
>Coaches and staff get fired

It's pretty much still relegation, except the ones who are being affected by it are everyone but the franchise itself.

Farm system. Every pro-team has a strata of minor league affiliates (usually two leagues deep), where they act as a cartel.

Minor league players are called up regularly without any fuss. It's like going in to the "back room" to restock the shelves. Often the minor versions are nearby, or have the same color scheme.

In this webm the Edmonton Oiler's ahl team, with similar uniforms and colors.

This is actually smarter than it sounds. I wouldn't mind if European sports leagues implemented this system as well. It would encourage more balanced teams and there's only a limited number of clubs that can hold a stable enough number of fans.

>what is youth system

give up man, it's just entertainment.
an american goes to a match to be entertained, in the end it doesn't matter who won. it's about the stats, it's about the expert sports analysis on espn, it's about how many hot dogs can you devour in one commercial break, it's about everything being racist.
you wouldnt get it.

Well put.

Also, the NHL just changed their draft system. The lottery odds were lessened, and it is more likely for randomness. Last year the top pick went to Devils, followed by Flyers and Stars. None of these teams were even in the bottom 5.

The worst teams still have the largest chance at getting picked first, and it decreases better teams, however this applies only to teams who didn't make the playoffs.

the nhl and nba have a draft lottery for the first overall pick. the worst overall team in the nhl has rarely picked first in the past 10 years.

> The national anthem is disrespected every time there's a game.

Don't know what that means for you guys but a lot of minor league players here are actually old farts. Sometimes you get 30 year old "rookies".

In American leagues teams who know they aren't title contenderes would just start losing on purpose to get awarded with the first draft pick the next season

From 30 teams 15 are attemting to win and the rest just want to lose on purpose. That's why no one takes regular season basketball seriously

Ah yes, sports are only entertainment for Americans. Everywhere else they aren't actually entertaining.

The grass is always dead on the other side.

the nhl and nba have a draft lottery. only the nfl gives the worst overall team the first overall pick.

Still, the worst 8 (I don't remember the exact number) teams go to lottery for the best 8 picks, they still get the best players

Our leagues were simply developed as closed systems where you had to be approved for membership. Under which relegation is an afterthought.

The difference in talent levels and money invested between the top leagues and an existing or theoretical cooperative lower league today is too great to even suggest it and start from scratch.

Getting the top pick isn't a cure all. Teams bad or incompetent enough to be in that position won't stop being bad or incompetent, at least in the immediate future. Getting the top pick just gives them an opportunity to get out of mediocrity. And that's if they pick the right player. Plenty of teams miss and make bad picks.

However, many think the system is broken, and that more parity can only be achieved by giving every outsider team a fairer shot or even just giving the best shot to teams just barely outside the playoffs. Even if the latter would just fuck the worst teams more.

>>stays in the same division as the champions
oh no?

in the nba every team that doesnt make the playoffs is entered into a weighted lottery, and the lottery determines the order of the first round.
in the nhl every team that doesnt make the playoffs is entered into a weighted lottery and has a chance to pick 1,2, or 3.

plus you are also sort of assuming that there will be a generational talent every draft. some years there just arent obvious superstar game changers that can make a difference.

you forgot
>no one watches soccer

>muh parity

>the Patriots
>the Browns

>match
game

no, teams keep getting relegated until there aren't any left

>Why bother trying to win if there is no relegation system? No competition hur hur uhr
>Its not like jobs are on the line if you play/coach like absolute horse shit
>Its not like youre not risking your career and an early end to it by being a shitter, despite playing in the big leagues
>Implying theres no such thing as second division or minor leagues for shitters who fall short and end up being useless
>Since theres no relegation, I don't need to remain competitive to keep my place in the fucking bench at least
>I'm an inbred retarded europoor

I sometimes hate sharing boards with europoors. God, the lack of common sense and how every little way we run our sports has to be spoon fed to them, otherwise they fall into a state of ignorant awe and wonder.

Also, look up the 2008 Detroit Lions that went 0-16. Notice a pattern in the careers of 80% of the players that were involved in that team?