Why was Ian Malcolm's daughter black? When exactly did the forced diversity start...

Why was Ian Malcolm's daughter black? When exactly did the forced diversity start? She completely ruined my immersion in the movie. The hippie loser makes a comment about her but other than that she was left unexplained.

>She completely ruined my immersion in the movie

She wasn't mulatto, that was weird

I honestly don't know, I figured she was adopted or something. Malcolm struck me as the kind of guy who wouldn't have kids of his own because of all the poor foreign children who need to be adopted.

Hopefully Trump will enact safe spaces for you soon. This kind of thing is hurtful and unacceptable. Let me know if you want to talk, I'm here for you.

I don't need a safe space, but I'd prefer niggos not be shoe horned into a movie with no explanation purely for the sake of diversity.

That raptor kick was stupid too. Why did they portray her as an athletic savage?

Bump for important discussion.

In the book there's a WHITE GIRL that's his daughter and a BLACK KID that's her friend that go to the island.

They just combined the two characters into one.

Aaaaaw did the bad bad black girl in that movie hurt your feelings ?

>In the book there's a WHITE GIRL that's his daughter

Wrong, Malcolm in the books is childless.

Who gives a shit except racist Sup Forums users?

WTF Why would you lie about something like this?!?

It seriously breaks immersion. Everyone would be complaining if the T-Rex had a human baby, same concept.

But white people have babies with black women.

Shhh you are with friends now, put on this bucket and shout "Deus Vult!" you will be better in no time.

Even as a kid I knew she was adopted.

She was cute for a black

Maybe the mother was extremely dark like one of those "Nubian Queens" that get posted on fagbook

Why didn't they combine them into a white girl? That would match up with her being Ian's daughter better.

Why do you enjoy forced diversity? It's racist, black people aren't there to fill quotas or soothe your guilt, so make us decent original characters or fuck right off.

Movies, Hollywood, people on the street, most people think the kids of parents of two different races come at one one (dominant) more often and the other (recessive) less often.

The reality is it's more of the different between 2% chance for X and 4% chance for Y while a mixture of traits is something more like 20% and the remaining %, the actual majority, tends to find a middle ground (for instance, rather than white person skin or black person skin, the child is most likely to have a skin tone in between the black and white skin tones of his or her parents).

Why is she black!!!?

Lost World was so fucking shit.

It was retarded that they did that OP, was also shit movie. Only dinosaur kill was by a gymnastic kick.

Gonna need a webm of that gymnastics scene

point is, having a white character have a black kid with zero explanation makes the audience wonder. Literally immersion-breaking. The audience will be wondering "is she adopted? Mixed? Why is the movie not talking about this?"

Holy god she was obnoxious in the movie.

Even as a kid I cringed when she was offering her opinions when the grown ups were arguing and Malcolm didn't have the balls to discipline her and was instead "it's so important that you don't finish that sentence, lolz".

Also the romantic interest was awful. She went on that rant about not needing to be rescued and then immediately needed rescuing after getting people killed because she wanted to nurse a baby t-Rex. Also nearly got killed by a stegosaurus, but aside from that, didn't need Malcom on his white horse...

Because blacks be athletic and shit

Dude I don't remember the specifics but I do remember 2 kids in the book that went with him.