Some new Alien Covenant stuff:

Some new Alien Covenant stuff:

>Scott says Alien: Covenant is a return to the sci-fi horror of the original Alien, which is later confirmed by seeing 20 intense minutes of footage of the unfinished movie. He sees it as one of three sequels to Prometheus that will take the saga to "the back entrance" of the original Alien.

>"What we did really well on Prometheus, considering that it was a ground zero idea that was starting all over again, was I discovered that people do have an appetite for the alien and what he means and his evolution – the egg, the facehugger, the chestburster as we call them.

>"People still want to see it. So I return to a little bit of that but not wholeheartedly; there's a lot in here which is new as well."

>The first Alien, about a deadly stowaway on space ship, was a seminal sci-fi film in 1979.

>"That was fundamentally a film that was seven people locked in a tin can and who will survive and who won't," Scott says. "In a funny kind of way it was very much a genre movie if you like – a B movie done in an A way with a marvellous cast and a fantastic creature. We raised the bar there.

>"Now we've gone further than that. We go from Prometheus into both worlds of the original Alien and a little bit of Prometheus."

>With Scott moving on to make Blade Runner, another sci-fi classic, James Cameron continued the sci-fi series with Aliens in 1986, David Fincher with Alien 3 in 1992 and Jean-Pierre Jeunet with Alien: Resurrection in 1997.

>"Frankly I watched them do 3," Scott says, pausing with a look with suggests he is no fan of Fincher's film. "Wow! OK.

> "Then 10 years later I came back and said 'you know what, I think I can resurrect the franchise.' Alien was special without question; it was unique really. Prometheus was a good starting block to kick off the idea that no one ever asked in the sequels."

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/entertainment/movies/ridley-scott-promises-a-return-to-alienstyle-horror-in-alien-covenant-20170222-guj8wk.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(OP)

>>Scott says Alien: Covenant is a return to the sci-fi horror of the original Alien, which is later confirmed by seeing 20 intense minutes of footage of the unfinished movie. He sees it as one of three sequels to Prometheus that will take the saga to "the back entrance" of the original Alien.

>one of three sequels to Prometheus that will take the saga to "the back entrance" of the original Alien.

>That question is who made the chest-bursting alien and for what purpose?

>"Prometheus was about who and why? This is getting closer to who designed it and for what reason."

>While there will be chills, Scott believes Alien: Covenant will be a "relatively intelligent" film as well.

> "There's some good stuff in it," he says. "It talks about evolution really. But that said, it's pretty scary."

>Fassbender says the chance to work with Scott for the third time after Prometheus and The Counselor was one of the attractions of Alien: Covenant, along with taking David further into the sci-fi universe. He's also playing a doppelganger android named Walter.

>"They've gone back to the Alien mood in terms of the thriller-horror aspect of it but we have the scale of Prometheus still at play," he says. "We come off the ship again and introduce a new world.

>"In that respect, it's different to Alien which is, of course, very claustrophobic. But it has those horror elements of the original for sure."

>Fassbender says the original Alien has stayed with him since seeing it at a very young age – he thinks he was about 10 years old.

>"The scene with John Hurt in the mess area is obviously burnt into my memory. Then I watched it again on the way to shooting Alien: Covenant and it's just such a sophisticated movie. Just the design elements. The way Ridley basically harnessed that suspense and the beautiful design of the alien itself, it still stands up to the test today."

>The director says Waterston, who plays Daniels, has a lot in common with Sigourney Weaver: they play strong, gutsy characters and are both tall and athletic.

>"She's got a lot of theatre in her veins, as does Billy Crudup," he says. "That always helps because they can dig deep with their experience"

>For her part, Waterston says Alien: Covenant has been "so much fun" to shoot. "He's always trying to get my stunt double to do stuff but I'm like 'come on. This is great.'

>"Obviously he doesn't want to me break any bones. But being an actor is a kind of sickness: the things I consider fun are maybe a little bit twisted. They're beating me up and I want more."

>Waterston hasn't felt the need to look as muscled-up as Ripley.

>"I actually thought about this physical thing quite a lot because I had this image of her in my mind," she says. "But actually in the first film it's not so much. It was only later that she got really pumped up.

>"I like that for the journey of the reluctant hero. At the beginning she's just a person who has really good instincts and good fortune because everybody else is doing their best to stay alive too and it doesn't work out for them. So I wanted to be fit to handle anything Ridley threw at me but not aesthetically because she's not a soldier. She's a terraformist."

>While Scott has made two sci-fi classics in Alien and Blade Runner then returned to it with gusto with Prometheus, The Martian, Alien: Covenant and Blade Runner 2049, it is not because it's his favourite genre.

>"I decided to get back onto the merry-go-round because sci-fi enables you to dream a little more because it's fundamentally fiction," he says. "Sometimes it's nearly a fantasy. It really depends on the script but it enables you to stretch the envelope."

>While working on Alien: Covenant, he had the next instalment written so he is ready to keep advancing the saga.

>"You've got to assume to a certain extent success and from that you'd better be ready," he says. "You don't want a two-year gap. So I'll be ready to go again next year."

>"If you really want a franchise, I can keep cranking it for another six," he says. "I'm not going to close it down again. No way."

Source

baka.com.au/entertainment/movies/ridley-scott-promises-a-return-to-alienstyle-horror-in-alien-covenant-20170222-guj8wk.html

>"Frankly I watched them do 3," Scott says, pausing with a look with suggests he is no fan of Fincher's film. "Wow! OK.

Fincher BTFO

>"But being an actor is a kind of sickness: the things I consider fun are maybe a little bit twisted. They're beating me up and I want more."

W-what did she mean by this?

Fincher himself does not like Alien 3, he was practically raped on set trying to make it, but it helped shape him into the director he is today.

At least she's got nice tiddies.

wtf that looks like my mum

YOU KEEP SAYING THAT BUT IT'S NOT FIXING THE PROBLEM

Does your mom have nice tiddies? Post em.

>"If you really want a franchise, I can keep cranking it for another six," he says. "I'm not going to close it down again. No way."

I'm okay with this

img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1416/31/1416319655081.webm

Damn people go down to a planet find an alien ship and get facehugged. This has never been done before.

You know, if anyone was going to run Alien into the ground, I'd rather Fox let Scott do it, because god knows they'd just get some corporate yes man to do it.

her hair is the perfect length and style there, who keeps telling her to keep it short, I'll murderize 'em

>img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1416/31/1416319655081.webm
God damn, those are nice. Shame about her face.

>they'd just get some corporate yes man to do it.

I'd rather have more Prometheus than a fan-fiction retcon of the Ripley storyline

it's kinda cute

>You know, if anyone was going to run Alien into the ground, I'd rather Fox let Scott do it

you know what I'd like?

NO ONE running alien into the ground, least of all the guy who made it!

This is like a horrible nightmare timeline where James Cameron actually did direct T3, T4 and T5!

oh god, did Cameron somehow 4d chess Ridley by announcing his 4 Avatar sequels? Is he dragging the old man down with him?

>I'd rather have more Prometheus
I guess that's where you and I disagree. Prometheus fell flat and was a disappointment for me on a lot of levels. I actually like most of Lindelof's works too.

he's the scapegoat, though

read his script if you're curious, his story is pretty solid

I assume that most of it was shot, but Scott and Fox decided on a two-hour theatrical length and a lot of important and subtle shit got cut out of it which made most of the core characters look retarded

pretty much all of the deleted scenes that were put on the blu-ray would've had mending abilities if they'd be included in a director's cut, but for some reason Scott was really content with the theatrical version

>that will take the saga to "the back entrance" of the original Alien

considering how Prometheus turned out this is a pretty good description

>So I wanted to be fit to handle anything Ridley threw at me but not aesthetically because she's not a soldier. She's a terraformist."

tl;dr I couldn't be bothered to work out despite landing a lucrative action role

Ayyyyy.

Seriously this is a trainwreck

>subtle shit got cut out of it which made most of the core characters look retarded
can you give some examples?

Scott often seems to be blind to the fact that his stories need to fit into 2 hour running times, and so he films as if he has unlimited time to tell the story, and then gets told "No you daft old cunt we said 2 hours" and he's like "o-oh i'll just cut some bits out then" and then you get a giant mess of a movie. But somehow in Scott's mind, he remembers only the long version in his mind and thinks it was okay, and then he does it again on the next movie.

that looks like Hudson from Aliens on the monitor

kinda

the one I remember is to do with the snake, there's supposed to be a scene where he encounters it before it's changed by the goo and it's somewhat docile and friendly ,THAT'S why he acted so playful with it

It's Fassbender

oh yeah duh

>That question is who made the chest-bursting alien and for what purpose?
So it's a mystery cum slasher? Why is Ridley such an utter hack. Fassbender was a big character in the first one, without him in the sequel, there's no chance of people sporing time to go see it in the cinema.

>Fassbender was a big character in the first one, without him in the sequel, there's no chance of people sporing time to go see it in the cinema.

Are you fucking joking or do you not know he's playing TWO characters in this movie, have you seen ZERO trailers?

You're making me very upset user..

No need to lose your head about it. He's not been in any promos I've seen, have they got him stored in a basement or something?