Itt: franchises that deserved better

itt: franchises that deserved better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JoBnHYKcCRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You first, OP.

I was hyped to see this receive a Harry Potter level of cinema, but just as with the Alex Rider movie, they decided to go for schlock instead of new classic.

Chris Columbus didn't want to work after with kids after doing Harry Potter, and it's obvious the people working on the films didn't care about the series.
Though there was a teaser trailer released way before the movie came out that showed a more accurate movie.

>Young-adult novel franchise
>deserving anything
No, fuck off.

If Disney kept it up we would have seen some solid fantasy from more Narnia films

also Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events for sure

I rewatched Series of Unfortunate events recently. It's not perfect but Jesus it has some Kino in it. There are moments that are really dark and emotional which I really loved. I don't know if the books were like this but I always wish they made more movies.

The artistic direction ALONE made the ASOUE movie great. youtube.com/watch?v=JoBnHYKcCRU

>kept adapting all the worst books
>wouldn't even take a risk on the fun ones

Muh Magician's Nephew
Muh Horse and his Boy

Purely commerical franchises are the worst.

>also Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events for sure
the Netflix show just made me wish the movie had sequels, movie kids and Jim Carrey were superior.
But I did enjoy the show's Monty, Josephine, Mr. Poe, and Snicket.

This and the last airbender

Literally.
YA trash.

user. Please.

>reading fiction
why

I was a kid when it came out. I just remember that the movie was disappointing.

Hey man, garbage in garbage out.

>Only one movie with teen Emily Browning in Goth lolita ware

IT'S NOT FAIR!

The Percy Jackson series was rubbish in novel form too Pendragon was the one they should have made with Christian Bale as Uncle Press and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Saint Dane

Jumper
Push
Tron

>Tron
got some good news for you user

I agree that if the Jim Carrey series had worked out it could have gotten real good, though I have nostalgia for the admittedly flawed 2004 one.

However, all those positives you mentioned in the show's casting all were way weaker than in the film. New black Mr. Poe sucked, Timothy Spall owned that. Indian Monty was ok, but black Aunt Josephine was a major step down from Streep. And I liked having Jude Law's soothing ass british voice any day over whatsisface. I liked that film Snicket was only in silhouette or narration, not fucking omniscient.

Needless to say Carrey's Olaf also owns pussy ass NPH, and the film Baudelaire's were also better. Nothing other than love of the books made the show watchable for me, and nothing in the show topped the most anything the movie did.

However, Austere Academy and Ersatz Elevator are some of the best and funniest of the series, so it could get pretty fucking alright.

> Magician's Nephew
> Horse and his Boy
Muh dick

>rawr imma dinosaur xD

kys faggot

what?

>New black Mr. Poe sucked, Timothy Spall owned that. Indian Monty was ok, but black Aunt Josephine was a major step down from Streep. And I liked having Jude Law's soothing ass british voice any day over whatsisface.
I haven't seen the movie in a good while, so I can't comment.
Didn't mean to say the show version of those roles were an improvement, just that I enjoyed them. Mr. Poe was a little annoying at first, but became hilarious, especially in The Wide Window.

And I loved the show's finale, with the singing.

I really liked this when it came out and fapped to daddario alot.