Can we ignore the company wars for a second and discuss how this movie is legitimately bad at times...

Can we ignore the company wars for a second and discuss how this movie is legitimately bad at times? I'd argue it's not even the best X-men movie. This shit is so riddled with laughable cliches it's ridiculous.

Can you expand on this, or is this your contribution to your thread?

eh your half right

X2: 8.6.10
Logan 8.0/10

Logan was god tier for the first half then kinda dragged after Prof died and then robo hand guy's role was usurped by doctor man. They could have combined those two characters,

Also the last battle was too chaotic and rushed. Professor X ended up getting a better send off than Logan even tho his send off was pretty decent too

>dat last X ;_;

Good discussion.

>>Me too, thanks

I mean where to begin? Logan literally says some cheeseball shit right before he dies. None of the emotional scenes were handled correctly to the point that you were even allowed time to process what happened. It was handled like a fly by night kids movie made edgy for novelty purposes.

This user talks about some of it. The movie is seriously full of terrible moments. And I REALLY wanted to like it.

I thought it was pretty cliched and super cheesy in some regards.

>the black family is of course the epitome of niceness and familial values who teaches the heroes a lesson by showing them gratitude
>the same black family lives out in the countryside and is abused by racist shitlord whitefolk daily
>mexicans are literally being kidnapped by evil whities with the help of the cartel to make superpowered soldiers
>mexican nurses, much the black family, are also 100% holy figures who spew niceness from their asses and will willingly sacrifice themselves to help anyone in need, even experimental supersoldier children who can kill anyone on accident with just a thought
>the drug cartel refuses to shoot the same children despite in reality many children are beheaded by the cartel
>the hero is a washed up angry old man who SURPRISE SURPRISE has a daughter he knew nothing about but suddenly cares deeply for her after going through a sad event
>albino is an isolated freakazoid with a rather stupid / weird power
>little girl is in some ways a better fighter than her notDad despite being a little girl
>little girl is a bloodthirsty berserker who also likes to wear 5 dollar glasses and eat pringles

But I liked it in other ways

>black family gets brutally fucking massacred
>wolverine's powers really are fucking brutal if you think about it. You couldn't ever show blood in the previous X-Men movies, but Wolverine's powers would really be extremely bloody. So his disillusionment does make sense when you consider how disastrous his powers.
>wolverine vs X-24 fight was pretty neat

>My racist views hinder my enjoyment of even the most benign popcorn entertainment

Not him. I enjoyed the movie. I just have no idea why it's getting such praise. It's not even above average for capeshit.

Because 2016 was a terrible year for movies?

I considered this but I've never seen such a highly rated movie that is this straight up bad at times. Dark times I guess :(

>It's not even above average for capeshit.

Name another superhero movie with two permanent deaths of main characters.

Watchmen?

>Name another superhero movie with two permanent deaths of main characters.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? We are talking film making here not fedora tipping. Just because there is gore and swearing or a character dies does not make it a technically well made film.

>Daddy
>So this is what it feels like
>*chokes and dies*

Come the fuck on bruh.

I wouldn't call it bad, just average at times. Can't expect consistences anymore.

So when the girl automatically knows to hand Logan the syringe to sedate X even though she was never told to nor had any experience in that situation you would regard that as average writing?

>What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Have you considered that Logan featuring the permadeaths of two main characters, and isn't about world-ending-catastrophes, is one reason that some critics find the film more poignant than most other superhero films?

Fuck your shit opinion OP. This is better than anything from DC or Marvel from the winter soldier onward.

It does have some mishaps and X-24 was pushing it but till the moment X-23 talks the girl made a great job and Jackman delivered a good performance. It's probably the best Xmen movie too except maybe for X2 or First class.

I was thinking the same thing about this Sup Forumscunt.Grow the fuck up, Cletus.

Again that's not indicative of quality but you are probably right. In a vacuum this movie is average at best. The film makers didn't take any chances other than adding gore and death. Tons of it was cliche filler that at best served to beat one to two points to dead horse status. I suppose I don't see how it's a good film relative to other good films. It is certainly shallowly different than most capeshit but only in extremely shallow ways.

It's was good, but waaaaay overhyped.

>They could have cut 20 minutes, easy.
>Going to the farm put the nice family in extreme danger.
>X-24 was kind of lame (should have been Liev Shreiber as a cloned Sabertooth).
>How all the mutants died was vague.

My rankings:
1. X2
2. DOFP
3. First Class
4. X1
5. Logan

>I mean where to begin?
Well you're the one who started the fucking thread so you should probably know where to begin.

I actually don't disagree with anything you said but look at your fucking statement.

>This is better than anything from DC or Marvel from the winter soldier onward.

That was only 3 years ago.

What about X3? And am I remembering correctly, but didn't Professor X die in X-Men 3?

Am I the only one that thinks X1 and X2 are mediocre. They're average flicks, they've aged pretty terribly. The dialogue and acting are shit tier. The first 2 x men movies are 6/10s, there's nothing special about them

People are jerking it off a lot, saying nonsense like "Best Picture nominee", but it is genuinely a good-to-great film. I'd personally give it a 4/5, as many have said it's a bit lacking in the third act but the emotional ending elevated the movie for me

>X2

X1 maybe, but there's no way X2 is mediocre.

>Am I the only one that thinks X1 and X2 are mediocre. They're average flicks.

No but I feel like every X men movie is average at best including Logan. If you took the history of the characters/fandom out of the script but preserved the story structure the movie would be a straight to dvd/blu ray level terrible.

He came back. It was really dumb, but just go with it.

two things that stand out are really dumb in this movie:

- X-24
- the whole comic book in-universe thingy

These two aspects are working directly toward the grounded tone of the movie Mangold clearly wants to achieve.

Just dumb.

The history was the point of the whole movie. Two themes of the movie are that of getting old, and the finality of death. These themes just don't make any sense if we didn't have the whole history of Wolverine and Jackman.

It's kinda meta in that way, but I quite liked it.

Very inconsistent tone. They spend more time on generic action sequences than looking into Charles or Logan more. And the kid stuff was pretty lame

7.6. good for a super hero movie but Dark Knight is still a tier above it

I enjoyed it too. I'm just trying to be level-headed about it. I know a lot of people don't like MCU/DCEU movies but I honestly can't believe anyone thought this shit was much better. Maybe aspects of it felt fresh because of gratuity but as a movie it falls flat. Historical fiction doesn't require you to involve all your feelings about historical figures in order for a movie to be good. I don't see why it would be any different for a stand alone comic book film.

Every movie has cliches, that's hardly a criticism. You need to take the movie as a whole, and calling logan a cliched movie is objectively wrong.

I enjoyed the movie, it was unlike any other capeshit, and genuinely an emotional experience. The gravity of seeing logan's final demise after spending 17 years with hugh jackman's portrayal of the character was a multilayered and sublimely tragic sensation.

I wouldn't call it avant garde art, but logan pushes the genre in a different direction to what we're used to, and in an environment of cookie cutter movies, that is worthy of praise.

Wolverine clone was a lame villian, i guess, but it was otherwise a great movie.

Mate, the production values alone prevent it from being "straight to bluray terrible". You're comparing it to films like hellraiser 8 and shakey camera found footage horror movies, which is bullshit.

Besides you can't extricate the characters from the themes, that is a non-statement. The themes of logan only make sense in the context of the characters and their established media universe. If "logan" was crafted around some generic action hero the movie would make no sense, so of course it would suck. The interwining themes based around the character's backgrounds are what make the movie special.

Logan was a true movie about protagonist sacrifice in a world where shit like Hell or High Water is a best pic nom.

In all cases, 2017 is looking fucking excellent for movies. Makes well up for 2016.

>I'm not racist, but why do these films not portray minorities as the subhuman that they are?

Albino fuck was the worst part imo

>It's a "DC destroys Marvel with the emotions of Superman's Death in BvS so they have to kill their only good character in an attempt to stay relevant and hopefully capture the intelligent audience but they flub and make a shitfest 2edgy4u flick for twelve year olds" episode

I hope they show reruns later.

>Superman's death
>emotional

>Logan
>a marvel movie

please tell me this is bait

>>Going to the farm put the nice family in extreme danger.

That's the point. Wolverine wants to keep going because he knows what's coming. Xavier wants to stay because he's old and senile and wants to sleep in a decent bed for a night

X-24 should have just been Sabretooth played by Liev Schreiber and Transgien should have been Weapon X Progam with Stryker.

The comic book angle I liked since Mangold was doing a revisionist comic book movie. They served a similar purpose to the dime novels in Unforgiven

Yeah, it is capeshit after all.

>Superman's death
>emotional

Snyder pls

Prof X is a TELEPATH you dingus.
He was talking to her with his mind for most of the movie.

You literally incorporated your racial bias in this "criticism". I guess I'm a newfag today:

Fuck off to Sup Forums.

The movie was great. Sup Forums really is full of a bunch of fags who can't stop complaining. You'll be alone forever, gaylords.

It is just immigration propaganda. The white XMen literally get replaced with Mexican versions of themselves.

This is your brain on Sup Forums

why do so many people in general have to bring race into the damn issue. Should we be complaining that there were no asians in the movie too??? Jesus Fuck.

>he doesn't know that white mexicans exist

And even the brown ones are like half white, that's why they pop out white kids when they marry an American (see Tony Romo).

I'd argue at least the whole funeral scene was emotional and handled correctly. Showing the contrast of Clark and Superman's funerals was nice.

the ol' Sabretooth should've been in it gag.

X-24 Wolverine is far superior than Liev Schreiber Sabretooth would've been.

1) He wouldn't have had the same impact of a Terminator Wolverine in his Prime without any sort of filter. Watching the literal embodiment of what he's always been trying to escape, murdering the people he loves? It's Pottery.

2) Normies would've watched Liev Schreiber walk down the stairs and Literally Who'd?

The only honest post in this thread

That's completely irrelevant.

>his name is Jack Man and he's gay irl

It seems what nobody ever mentioned how badly Huge Actman overacts during his berserk mode in final battle. All his grimaces and roars in close-up looked laughable.

How the fuck was the tone very inconsistent? You have no idea what you're talking about. Fucking hogwash.

Them staying with the black family is a huge plot hole that is worse than the cliches mainly with the mexican illegal immigrant children being chased by evil white men.

They already knew the bad guys could track them wherever they went (Hotel). But they fucking ate dinner, THEN Xavier begged Logan to stay the night to guarantee these negro farmers would die.

maybe professor x is a racist

It's by FAR the best X-Men movie.

>X2 was great meme

Yea fuck off. X2 was good but nothing amazing.

kino

>Begins with a story that is real. Has deep ties to actual issues plaguing our world.
>Xavier has dementia
>Logan is dying a slow death from poison (Cancer)
>Immigration and shit

Movie spends 2 hours doing nothing.

>Le Xavier stabbed. PLEASE FEEL SAD
>Logan impaled by himself. PLEASE FEEL SAD
>Child will suffer the same fate of toxicity in hundreds of years, but they make no attempt to connect this with any emotion from Logan

I mean, they didnt even give a courtesy fuck. Why didnt they answer a legitimate question without some fucking bullshit stupidity?

X-24 is essentially a young Logan. Why the fuck would they make adamantium bullets the fucking big finish? Why not have Logan cut X-24's head off?

It was so fuckin dumb how they started so well, only to piss their pants and reset back to gay bullshit.

How much is Disney paying you?

Are you forgetting about the mexican guys who got reked at the beginning of the movie?

>He wouldn't have had the same impact of a Terminator Wolverine in his Prime without any sort of filter. Watching the literal embodiment of what he's always been trying to escape, murdering the people he loves? It's Pottery.

Sabretooth is already the embodiment of that. He would've filled that role perfectly. He's always been Wolverine's arch-nemesis for that reason.

>Normies would've watched Liev Schreiber walk down the stairs and Literally Who'd?

Who gives a shit what you normies want.

Instead of using the Film's R rating to explore some mature themes in depth they take the focus from that and just go DUDE GORE LMAO. I get that Wolverine is a brutal guy but this movie had no business having the bodycount it had.

It's a sad case of "We want the Deadpool Audience"

I noticed that too but there were so many instances of straight up bad writing that I could only giggle during the grunting.

did you watch the same film, transgien was weapon ex taken over by strykers son, you dont call your big factory "weapon x" else the feds gonna ask whats up with that

>My racist views hinder my enjoyment of even the most benign popcorn entertainment
>My racist views hinder my enjoyment of reality

You must live in a homogeneous community.

I thought that was Sup Forums's motto

>taking the nice family's offer for dinner and shelter despite murdering bad guys pursing you and nobody stops to think about that
Literally the most "come on, really?" moment in the whole movie.

I think 'lets stay the night' is what was really dumb, explained sure they needed rest, but still dumb

Huh, same picture and same speech patterns as the last "I hated Logan" thread

fuck off DC Shill

>Not having the X be a metaphor for the franchise and starting fresh in 5 years

>Child will suffer the same fate of toxicity in hundreds of years, but they make no attempt to connect this with any emotion from Logan
The videos explicitly showed that Laura doesn't have this problem since only her claws were coated in adamantium. If they did the same thing to her as with Logan, her growth would be stunted for god knows how long until she starts dying of poisoning like Logan was. In the comics it adds on to this where the bad guys who created her only planned to convert her entire skeleton when she grew up.

Also, I can imagine that one bullet is far more strong and effective than trying to painstakingly hack off someone's head who has an adamantium skeleton.

I made a thread asking what to expect. I never said I hated it faggot. I didn't even hate the movie. I enjoyed it. I just thought it was legitimately bad at times.

>1) He wouldn't have had the same impact of a Terminator Wolverine in his Prime without any sort of filter. Watching the literal embodiment of what he's always been trying to escape, murdering the people he loves? It's Pottery.
I thought X-24 was a weird idea until I realized that he's symbolically what Logan didn't want to become. Plus there's the whole "past violent self coming back to haunt you" sort of schtick which the movie heavily emphasized on.

He was actually complaining that the film's racist denial of complexity to characters of color was racist. Racist.

>capes
>permadeath

Mate it is capeshit, some characters will have boosted up moralities for the sake of the movie. Go watch city of god if you enjoy watching shitskins being shitty that much.

>Sabretooth is already the embodiment of that. He would've filled that role perfectly. He's always been Wolverine's arch-nemesis for that reason.

see Young wolverine is a lot more intimidating and had more shock value imo. And putting Sabretooth in would've just hit the movie with too-many-characters syndrome.

That was kinda shitty. I mean I get him being old and his once great mind was slowly dying (that was a gut-punching as well) but shit.... it makes it so hard to connect old caring Xavier with this decrypt egoistical asshole.

>This is better than anything from DC or Marvel from the winter soldier onward.
Let me guess, you think Iron Man (obviously you don't mean Thor hulk or CA) is better? What makes Iron Man so great?

>hes never met black country folk
I feel sorry for you never enjoying some good old homemade cornbread