What does Sup Forums think about Shameless?

What does Sup Forums think about Shameless?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsAMIhHCWI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Started good enough, but became incredibly shitty.

Gets progressively worse every season, but it was great in its prime.

Better than Breaking Bad.

I still watch but only because Frank and Lip have genuinely good actors behind them. They carry the show and then some.

Its like MA rated Malcolm in the Middle. Love it. Helps that I'm degenerate as fuck.

It was good in the beginning but the last couple seasons have been pretty bad. The latest season was especially shitty imo.

Season 3 and 4 are goat, the 4th finale is just amazing. Passing the bottle down. Great ending. Show should have ended there

1/2 - great, fun, dramady
3/4 - incredible human drama t
5/6/7 - fan fic

Only shitty because Carl wasn't in it IMO

This I could watch just the adventures of Frank and Lip and Jimmy

Deb, Fiona and the rest can fuck off

I'd say it was only really great in season 4, when they cut the fat (Jimmy, Karen), gave Frank a real arc, and start to develop Deb and Carl as characters. Everything else has great moments but it's so fucking aimless and repetitive, and they write characters out of the show way too often.

I'm still mad they ditched the really compelling stuff with Lip's class/identity crisis for more romantic trysts and alcoholism

>tfw Ethel will never come back

>not caring about carl

why even live?

forgot about him. He's been good. Enjoyed his recent storyline. I miss Sheila, Karen and the hot one that ran her over

If they don't bring Ethel back before the show ends I will be so pissed

Fucked that pretty bad

Sheila, Karen and Mandy were really good. It's a shame they basically got rid of all of them at the same time.

Mandy I think left to do another show so that's unfortunate but understandable. They did Mickey, Sheila, Jimmy and Ethel dirty by abruptly writing them out of the show for a dozen more hours of shitty menage a trois shit and Fiona crying

I have a burning hate for every character in it. Except this guest qt.

Mickey got tired of it, I think. The actor decided to not renew a contract or something. He was great, I loved how it wasn't 'faggy'. Like in the earlier seasons, Mickey and Ian's relationship was just normal, it wasn't like the relationship with the tranny, whom wanted all the pronouns and all that pandering shit.

Depend on what version ....I prefer the U.K original version vs The U.S knockoff

Does Jimmy/Steve come back in the final season 7?

I've only finished seasons 1-6, but I'm curious if they ever brought Jimmy back after what was a pretty shitty write-out.

Nope.

he came back for a credits scene in season 6 I think. He tries to rekindle with fiona and she would rather see the junkie, he then leaves and that's that. It's a shame, really. The only time Fiona was 'good' was when she was with him.

Damn, what the fuck??

They built their relationship up for like 3 or 4 seasons, I can't believe they just wrote him out so nonchalantly...

I liked him stepping onto a boat and then we never know his fate, but then they pandered and brought him back and it was dogshit and half-assed

Wait, didn't the Brazilians drowned him in the lake?

youtube.com/watch?v=IsAMIhHCWI4

I got it wrong, he shows up in season 5 for a bit then he's completely gone.

Seasons 3 and 4 were the peak. While season 7 improved a bit, it still wasn't very good til' the end. The story lines are too repetitive to care about, Lip has an opportunity but fucks it up, Ian fucks a new guy, Fiona love triangle shit (except season 7), Frank has a new scheme, Debbie baby shit. The show also isn't good at continuity (Fiona being negative toward Mickey and Jimmy, V thinking vaccines cause autism, etc.) or keeping side characters around. I'd rather characters be written out rather than just be kept around, but this show doesn't give it's extended cast satisfying send offs, besides Sheila. I'm still gonna continue watching, but I hope next season is the last.

This past season finale really felt like a series finale. I guess they didn't know if it would be renewed with Emmy Rossum's contract drama

I thought season 7 was supposed to be the final season?

Early seasons are comfy kino later ones maybe 4-5 onward to the current season that finished its been hit and imho

Nope. It's been renewed for season 8.
I felt that way too, the only thing is that I felt certain characters hadn't yet met their end goals, such as Lip.