/lbg/- Letterboxd General

What is this from? edition.

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

QOOT: What can we do to improve /lbg/? Is it beyond saving?

>News
user shares films and tv episodes through mega.nz: user plays /lbg/ bingo: user wonders what an art film is, repeatedly: user(s) repeatedly spam thread with old posts: Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for shitposting purposes only don't offer or expect serious discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lzopbk9hhAc
letterboxd.com/pinheadlarry145/film/almost-famous/
letterboxd.com/dropout_bear/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FTKqEnGKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What can we do to improve /lbg/? Is it beyond saving?

it is beyond saving

What a shitty OP.

>What can we do to improve /lbg/? Is it beyond saving?

I lost all hope once I saw the OP

Is this an art film, /lbg/?

Is this an art film, lbg?

Is this an art film /lbg/

Is this an art film lbg??

Is this an art film, lbg??

Is this an art film /lbg//?

Is this an art film /lbg/??

Is this an art film, lbg??

Is this an art film, /lbg/??

Is this an art film, lbg?

You spell it the same way here. Exposed!

>Is this an art film, lbg??
Why not just call them homosexual films? Then the answer would be yes.

Is this an art film lbg??

Because those people normally only watch the most acclaimed foreign films from this era (Eisenstein, whatever Criterion puts out). Since for them U.S. are easier to hear of obtain (TCM), they'll watch much more mediocre American films 20s-30s and maybe a few good ones.

Now stop it. You're being annoying.

Is thiss an art film, lbg?

>Because those people normally only watch the most acclaimed foreign films from this era (Eisenstein, whatever Criterion puts out).
How can that be considered comprehensive?

By the way is this an art film?

Is this an art film??

this an art film, lbg??

Is this an art film, /lbg//?

Is this an art film, /lbg/??

>DDUUR what is a canon

If you can't tell the deference between George Cukor and Alexander Dovzhenko then I'm afraid you're beyond help.

>genuinely want to discuss things
I read the OP and he/she says these threads are just for shitposting. Evidently, the past few weeks I've been here is all I've seen from everyone else.

By the way, can anybody answer whether this is an art film?

Is this an art film??

I own a TV

Robert Mitchum only made art films

Is this an art film???

I just got done watching it actually.

I think if he didn't end up working with pretty bad to mediocre scripts, Kosinski would be one of the best directors working in Hollywood right now. He doesn't just know how to make a film LOOK good, but his two films know how to reach in and just FEEL good. So it just kind of hurts to imagine how much better he could be if he had a great script attached to him.

Oblivion is okay by the way. The script is slightly better than Tron Legacy but not by that much, and probably only because Michael Arndt doctored up the script, and you could tell where too. The plotting in the film is pretty horrendous.

I kind of wish I saw it on the big screen because I probably would have been into it more. The plotting sucks but there's some good ideas in it even if it's common Sci-Fi stuff and I liked a lot of individual moments in the film (I liked how it doesn't resort to a big climactic battle rather a character moment for its finale). It's also gorgeous and I bet seeing it in IMAX would have benefited, especially for the front screen projector backdrops.

Is this an art film???

no

watch that edge u might cut urself

Is this an art film?

It's fine if you're not a big fan of it but don't call it average. Do some research and find out why it's such an important film.

Is this an art film?

pleb of the century

I know why it's important, I just got my expectations too high.

Is this an art film?

It's alright

>cagney
no

citizen kane is pleb as hell user, it's literally the most famous film of all time

Plebnis strikes again

>armstrong
no

Is this an art film??

13 more days til the blu ray is released! I've been waiting so long to see it! Anyone else having a Malick marathon leading up to it's release or am I the only one pumped as fuck?

aight its been real cya bakas tomorrow

Is this an art film?

>that box art
That can't be real, right? The poster on Letterboxd is much more fitting.

I'd have a Malick marathon but I'm not allowed to watch The Thin Red Line or Tree of Life yet.

It's a shame too. I'm really eager to rewatch TOL because TTW just clicked for me and I was hoping I could get that similar feel with TOL again.

Is this an art film?

You obviously do if you keep pointing it out faggot
>I'm not allowed
what

Best Picture Project.

Is this an art film??

it's real and terrible

It's totally is trying to cater to the housewife crowd, but it's the content that counts! The overseas cover is pretty bad too.

Is this an art film?

Is this an art film, Healey? You know more about movies and have seen more than me. Is this an art film?

God damn, forgot pic. Fuck

Healey is this an art film?

Much better.

>Hentai Cop admitted to lying about watching some reviews.
I don't understand why people would do that.

Healey is this an art film?? Why can't America make art films?

>Ron has gotten laid at least 2 more times than I have despite his abysmal taste in film

>retards have gotten laid and so have homeless people

Is this an art film Healey??

>Ron has a job, a family and an overall good life.

>Blade Runner - 2/5
>Perfect Blue - 3.5/5
>Rashomon - 2.5/5
>In the Mood For Love- 3/5
>Millennium Actress - 2.5/5
>Spirited Away - 2.5/5
>Lawrence of Arabia - 3/5

Shut up Ron

advertising. fuck off.

Oh wow. OP is such a loser.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=lzopbk9hhAc

>spirited away
>perfect blue

yeah nobody gives a shit about your anime

Go to be Ron. At your age, you shouldn't be up so late

not ron, the rest of the films there are great, those animes you listed are fucking reddit tier

Is it maybe possible that perhaps movies can somehow be likable to both leddit AND Sup Forums?

letterboxd.com/pinheadlarry145/film/almost-famous/

This movie was great. Kate Hudson was an unlikable slut as always.

I'm going to go out tonight but I have Altered States and My Neighbor Totoro DLing for when I get home.

I literally know nothing about Altered States other than the title. And MNT is my second Ghibli film. I don't really like anime that much at all but Spirited Away was good. (Sorry Fabs)

>Kate Hudson was an unlikable slut as always.

>implying she's not

In a more general sense, possibly. But in that movie? Not at all.

Now that Reflektor is out, I really want to see Black Orpheus. Also started watching Twin Peaks. Why didn't I start watching this awesome show sooner?

Is this an artr film lbg?

letterboxd.com/dropout_bear/

how pleb am I

pretty pleb but aren't we all?

full on pleb

Will amaranth ever write another review? ;_;

Is this an art film?

Is this an art film??

2spoopy5me

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FTKqEnGKI

Is this an art film?

Love too have such an empty life that spamming for hours and hours on end semes like a good way to spend it

scared

Wanna try that again?

>all those people posting their profiles every time with no movies in between

Watch some movies, you huge plebs.

>already watched 4 films today

feels good