*DEXTER*

Never seen this show before. Finished seasons 1-4 last week.

Started watching season 5. Wtf is going on? Did they change writers? What the fuck happen to this show? It just took a turn for the worst it seems.

My question: Should I just stop watching now? Is it even worth watching the remaining seasons? Will anything be as good as season 4 with the trinity killer?

It just keeps getting worse until the almost surreal final episode where everything is so laughably bad you wonder if it was an April fools prank but then realized with terror that it's legitimate

women writers took over

seriously

So Season 4 is a good stopping point then?
You mean to tell me seasons 5-8 are all equally bad? Jesus wtf happened? New writers?

If you think season 5 is bad, just wait it gets so, so much worse. One of the worst final seasons of any tv show ever, and definitely the worst series finale.

it's all shit after season 4. if you dont have anything else to do or watch i guess just finish it, but it's terrible from here on out. season 5 isn't even that bad compared to the seasons that come after it.

You guys are fucking with me. It couldn't have been that bad... was it?

The sister was best girl.

I am not exaggerating at all, it was literally the worst finale I have ever seen, and I watch a ton of tv.

You can't even imagine how bad it gets.

Season 5 is shit
Season 6 is complete shit
Season 7 is moderately shit thanks to Titus Pullo
Season 8 is an abortion

>Season 7 is moderately shit thanks to Titus Pullo

THIRTEEN

It is amazingly bad. The finale is the worst thing that has ever aired on TV. It's the first time a TV show has made me angry.

you've been warned user

OP here. Thanks for confirming what I was suspecting. I appreciate the assist. I'm going to stop watching. I'm happy with what I saw with seasons 1-4.

I have other shows I want to watch.
Just one question I was hoping to have answered, and that is:

What exactly happened? Someone mentioned female writers, but is that it? Did the writers strike have something to do with this? I couldn't have because that was back in 2007 (during season 2) and the show was still good then and 2 seasons after.

So what was it? How/Why did it all go so bad? Did the creators receive any backlash for concluding their show in such a terrible way?

someone post the gif of the "kid" on the treadmill

not yvonne strazinski can save this show. fuck this was terrible in the later seasons

ill just tell you now because of how horrible and laughably strange it is.

Deborah falls in love with dexter and falls into a coma and then is at a hospital when a hurricane hits and then dexter takes a comatose deborah directly into the hurricane on his boat to fake his death or something and the next shot is dexter with a beard working as a lumberjack in the Canadian wilderness

no this is not a meme, thats the gist of what happens

Keep watching. He has sex with Deb.

You should finish it OP as a learning experience and then you can warn others in the future.

I stopped watching after 3-4 seasons. Got pretty boring after a while.

im not really into blondes but yvonne is literally perfect in this show

They changed show runners after season 4. Nearly an entire female writing staff after season 6.

Season 4 was the best season though

The finale isn't -all- bad.

Final bits of dialogue between Deb and Quinn
Quinn and Angel view the security camera footage, you can tell they know something's deeply screwed up/Dexter straight up went in there to kill Saxon, but they let him get away with his "self defense" excuse anyway

Later seasons retcon the fact Harry got the idea of encouraging Dex to kill from a psychologist

Deb gets shot, recovers, and dies off screen at the hospital.

Dexter's solution for giving his son a better life is to give him away to some woman he barely knows and sail his boat into a hurricane after stealing his sister's corpse from the hospital, and becoming a lumberjack.

>not S2

surprise motherfucker

Also, the women he gives his son too is a killer as well and they go to argentina.

were they hoping to create some kind of run off show in the future?

its a white country can't blame them

Their rationale was that Hannah is a different type of killer, she kills only for self-protection, and is capable of loving and being protective of things, which applies to Harrison

I guess. Not going to lie, I masturbated to Lila a few times. Mostly from when she was on Spartacus.

I will heed the warning. Thx.

Jesus, that sounds fucking retarded.

Nobody stopped them? Producers didn't have a say in the direction?

>Dexter's solution for giving his son a better life is to give him away to some woman he barely knows and sail his boat into a hurricane after stealing his sister's corpse from the hospital, and becoming a lumberjack.

You gotta be kidding me. Please tell me it comes off better than it sounds from reading this...

Did anyone else feel bad for Doakes? Guy did nothing wrong really. Doakes was the kind of guy I would want policing my neighborhood. Hardline. Honest. And war hardened with a brother in arms mentality.

Yeah, she was clearly better fit to raise Harrison then having him going to live with is his grandparents and brother/sister.

John Lithgow was the best villain and the show went to shit after him.

>mfw reading the shitty books and finding out robo-Doakes is real

He was fascinating to watch. I agree.

You should read the books. He comes back

yeah. end of 4 is full circle.
i think first ep of season 5 is a good epilogue though. dat scream

Ok I will end it there. thx user.
I might go back and watch the train wreck of the later seasons "if" I have nothing to watch later down the road. Just so I can say I watched it.

Writers strike I believe. All women took over I believe

Shut up, cunt.