Anyone else seen this?

anyone else seen this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d23TGmzAw3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rubber Dingy Rapids, bro

bomb the mosque

DAAAAAAAANCING

Yeah. It's a black comedy but even then I found it overly dark and dramatic. It just wasn't amusing. None of it.

imo the ending wasnt really funny.

the one guy blowing up a field of sheep was great, and the heimlich detonation was gold, but Waj's detonation wasnt really funny. then again, im not sure it was supposed to be.

Brilliant film. Every gag is a hit.

I don't think it was. The point of the film is that, as funny as it was and as much as we might, strangely, come to sympathize somewhat with the characters, they're ultimately pathetic figures and that's how it ends - Waj realists this and dies like a chump.

The ending was in no way supposed to be funny. It was depressing and pathetic as fuck.

I agree with this so much. I went in thinking it might lighten how I view terrorists and muslims in general but it didn't. It just pointed out how glaringly idiotic they are in general and how much I detest their kind.

>Waj realists this and dies like a chump.
waj doesnt realize anything. he's literally stupid. he blows himself up because he's confused.

Omar is the one who just walks into an empty drugstore and ends himself

Never claimed it was, but the movie was touted by critics and adverts in my country as being a "black comedy". I disagree with the assessment in every regard.

I think the point wasnt so much to lighten them so much as to ridicule the notion of an arab who was probably raised in the west, getting caught up by the propaganda and trying to join up with terror groups when they are just generic westernized guys with delusions of grandeur.

because that's something that happens. I remember a while back there were reports of people who'd gone to join al-quaeda and then handed themselves over to the authorities because it wasnt what they'd expected. the terrorists themselves aren't very much ridiculed, they barely show up and when they do they take it seriously.

You're right. Just got the names mixed up, I meant Omar.

you can have something be a black comedy satire, while still having a message.

it's clearly a comedy. but the ending is not funny at all, because it's sending a message. that there is no glory in trying to get caught up in islamic terrorism. Omar and his pals are all idiots, they could never really be proper terrorists. they try and look how it goes horribly wrong. they aren't even properly hardline islamic are they, they contrast omar with his what is it his brother in law or something? who is actually conservative islamic. like he goes the full nine yards, omar himself though? not as much as he thinks he is

>white convert most radical of group
>moderate brother won't talk to women and builds cupboard for wives to sit in while men are talking
>despite thinking their ancestors countries are better while they live in the degenerate west, western muslims are totally different from pakistani muslims and would never actually want to live there
>suicide bombing is pointless and not glamorous at all
>counter terrorism fails and media gets the story wrong

10/10 satire if you ask me

youtu.be/d23TGmzAw3A

I tried but it insulted my intelligence too hard and too often. 5 mins was enough to know this is a movie by and for mongoloids

Rest of the film is fucking hilarious though.

ITT Americans

>You're an arse man? I knew it, Waj! You're a massive arse man!

squat jogs are my go to exercises on the daily baby please

mashallah brother!

americans usually like really shit movies though