Based Lynch at it again

Based Lynch at it again
who here hyped for S3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5EqPZMZO4s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how good was twin peaks actualy, i was thinking of starting but dunno if its worth it

The main plotline is really good. The other plots (which have nothing to do with the main plot) are cancerous trash. Still a really good show though.

alright dude, ima pick it up tonight, if its shit though, your dead

It's really good, but honestly it's not for everyone.

>it's not for everyone.
In which way?

This image is a bit tryhard but it's more or less on point.

S1 is great. S2 starts out great, gets real shitty, then ends really strong. Blame ABC.

The whole series is super comfy, even the shitty episodes. Overall would recommend, but you gotta know going in that there's going to be a quality drop.

thanks guys

I love the middle of season 2 though, you get the Civil War arc and Horn redemption arc right after that. Yeah the James arc was shit but whatever.

nah I disagree, I think the side plots are amazing. Fantastic, weird stuff. And its not like its not relevant to the main plot either, it all ties into it thematically.

>My Life as a Teenage Nadine
>relevant to anything
The DEA sideplot could also have been shelved in its entirety and nothing of value would have been lost besides maybe some funny Dennis/Denise moments

>tfw ed and norma couldnt be together

That was the one and only truly good sideplot. Ed and Norma were both just too likable.

Teenage Nadine was all about Mike becoming good due to love. And Norma becoming strong due to love. Just like how Bobby became good thanks to love too. You know the whole core theme is love v fear, and all of twin peaks is basically in that same metaphysical battle.

The DEA sideplot is also a turning point for Coop, he gets fired and what not after resolving to face the world with more love and the hostage situation is a big test to that. It shows his pure courage which is necessary for the end.

>implying Ben Horn's whole arc through the Civil War and becoming good isnt great
>implying Audrey falling in love with Billy Zane for no reason wasnt great
>implying the whole Andrew arc wasn't top tier soap opera that ended in the best possible way for everyone involved

>Nadine became strong due to love
I mean, I guess. Surely there was a better way to do that than a shitty amnesia storyline. Same goes for everything else. Being thematically relevant does not in itself make something good. It may be conceptually relevant but the actual execution was just plain bad.

all the Major Briggs sideplot and lodge stuff and some of the Bobby Briggs redemption arc was good

Fire Walk With Me is GOAT. daytime horror is amazing.

true

I never said Nadine became strong, Norma did. She finally broke up with Hank because Ed told her how much he loved her. And then Nadine saved Ed out of love when he got jumped.

Ben Horne was genuinely fun but Billy Zane was a poor and obvious attempt to give Audrey more focus after the Coop romance fell through. Unlike Coop and Annie, though, Billy Zane felt a lot more shoehorned overall, especially when his character just fucked off the Brazil or whatever at the drop of a hat.

The entire Saw Mill plot was fucking terrible. Catherine in particular was awful to watch every time she was on-screen because her entire presence screams soap opera. I get that's what they were going for but it doesn't make it enjoyable to watch. Also of all the characters to blow up with Andrew, Pete? Really? Guess that kind of future-proofed them though as I'm sure his actor is long since dead.

Josie was awful too but her death was pretty good so I feel that kind of redeems her.

I liked the execution though, it fit the surreal tone of the show, and as the main plot got progressively more off the rails and as the black lodge got closer and closer to existing due to the planets aligning, things got crazier too because it could exert influence more.

Imagine being this wrong.

My bad on the Nadine thing, misread your post. My point still stands, they really didn't need to resort to fucking amnesia for any of that to happen.

I always saw the Billy Zane plotline as a parody of soap opera romance bullshit, especially the leaving to Brazil thing. I hope he comes back in the new season to find Audrey, having been faithful to her the entire time.

And yeah Pete's actor did die. I do agree that Catherine was kind of pointless but they werent just gunna write her out of the show.

Tarantulino is such a fucking pleb.
>DUDE NOT ENOUGH TOE SUCKING, POINTLESS GORE AND BBC WORSHIP LMAO

>having been faithful to her the entire time
>not having sex for 25 years
come on nigga

I think it fit with the hyper-soap opera thing they had going. Amnesia is often done in shitty soaps so they did it to the nth degree and made her a teenager and made it so instead of drama it actually created peace and happiness.

it is fiction after all

Does most of it not occur at night though?

>Also of all the characters to blow up with Andrew, Pete?
I presume he would have still been alive if they were given a season 3, I mean Audrey clearly should have died as well. The actor is long dead though, quite sad really.

You guys act like he was the only person to not like FWWM when it came out.

reddit-tier director with congential disease and probably brain damage

>You guys act like he was the only person to not like FWWM when it came out.
Yeah lmao

>You guys act like he was the only person to not like FWWM when it came out.

He's the only important person.

So Sup Forums told me to stop watching Twin Peaks right after the mystery was solved.

Should I go forward and watch the rest to prepare myself for S3?

I think I stopped at E13 because jesus christ it became a pain in the ass to watch. I'll guess I read the plot and go straight to end. Thanks.

The music theme is superb tho. fallin.

yes you mongoloid

s1 is boring af
s2 is retarded af

its good, tv is just full of plebs

yes, and watch fire walk with me.

and the missing pieces

test

>tfw accidentally watched the missing pieces before fire walk with me
an hour and a half of waiting for climaxes that never came for obvious reasons

>missing pieces
What in the hell is that?

hour and a half of deleted scenes from fwwm

An hour and half of deleted scenes from Fire Walk With Me edited by Lynch into a side piece for the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=g5EqPZMZO4s

Civil war Horn arc is great, agreed.

Extended and deleted scenes from FWWM edited into a movie. To be completely honest a lot of them could've probably fit into the movie and made it better if longer, making it all into another movie feels a bit unnecessary

it starts out good

but then,