Netball

NETBALL IS SUCH A HORRENDOUS FUCKING SPORT IT IS SO UNDENIABLY BAD. THERE'S NO JUSTIFICATION FOR IT.

I've just spent an hour and a half researching this sport. I skimmed through games, read basic rules, watched highlights and best moments (IT'S LITERALLY THEM FALLING OVER AND GETTING INTERCEPTIONS. HOW ARE THOSE HIGHLIGHTS!?)

Wtf is netball?

The differently abled, second cousin of Basketball. Literally deriving from Basketball but without any of the fun.

>australia
11 netball world cup titles
>england

I think its a good sport tbqh

What was the purpose of making netball then? How does it differ from Basketball enough to justify a new game being made?

I'm pretty sure it was made to give women their own sport because they are outrageously awful at basketball.

I actually think there there is truth behind this. I recommend just watching 3 minutes of netball 'highlights' and you'll see why it's so retarded.

I'm pretty sure it was made to give women their own sport because they are outrageously awful at sports

Fixed that for you

>winning at something makes it the thing itself good

why would you pride yourself in winning titles at the most uninteresting sport made

I did. I don't understand whats going on. Is this one of those shitty meme sports where the person holding the ball isn't allowed to move?

If they wanted to make an easier version of basketball for women why not just lower the hoop a lot?

>Some of the rules state that you're not allowed to be in 3 feet distance of someone shooting the ball (makes shot blocking pointless and look retarded)

>You cannot move with the ball

>Only 2 players on one team are allowed to shoot

>Shitty shooting form

>Contact rules are ridiculous- even stated like that by actual players/spectators

>Most exciting moment will come from two players accidentally running into each other.

It's just Basketball but you can't move when you have the ball in hand. It's a women's game.

Sounds like shit. I remember in gym class if the other equipment was being used we would always play some shitty version of 'handball' where the one with the ball couldn't move. I don't know if thats reflective of real handball because I know nothing about it but any sport with that rule is bound to be shit.

Netball have us this moment

>training exercise made into a sport
Can't wait for dribbling-between-cones ball

kino

it was handball, dood

That's handball, which like futsal is a pretty fun and underrated sport tbf

I share this hate of netball, my friend
Legit criticisms
>no dribbling
>fixed positions, so no advanced tactics (man marking DUUHHHHH)
>players can't leave their zones, so incredibly limited team play
>no cool basketball tricks and shooting
>some players are FAT
>referees with skirts
>stupid eyesoar bunny hopping
>stupid 3 seconds invulnerability rule
>stupid 1 meter no contact zone

Fun fact you point these to a netball "fan" it gets all crazy. The best attack on netball is to say it's a fucking sexist sport invented for women because it was thought they were meek and feeble creatures

You certainly wouldn't know

Handball is tough. When we had the last WC, Americans were really cheerfull about it, despite not knowing shit, as it's a forceful contact sport. THere's a women WC going on right now, if you want to give it a go.

There is a reason why handball players are 190+ cm, it's a rough contact sport not made for midgets