The movie that will haunt you if you watch it high

So who has seen this masterpiece? It must never be watched while under the influence of drugs...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ipivUGVydMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That movie about marque de sade with puppets. It was horrifying enough sober.

there are some movies that are not meant to be seen high, I have learned this from my attempt at watching "a tale of two sisters" and I didn't understand a thing, while a sober rewatch wasn't so baffling.
You aren't supposed to watch EVERYTHING high you know.

I don't find this to be true. You have to have zero tolerance or get retarded while high if it's hurts your comprehension that much.

But it has different effects on people so maybe it's just me.

Hell I watched OPs movie coming off a trip and really enjoyed it

awesome

dude weed

Yeah man it is different for everyone, I watched Tetsuo the Ironman on weed, and while I was creeped out quite a bit I enjoyed it.
It seems to me that films (>films) that focus more on imagery tend to be a more pleasant experience than films which rely on plot to develop the "story"
Or I have brain problems.

*while smoking weed, I forgot to add that.
Of course if you NEED weed to enjoy films, you're doing it wrong.

Dude drugs lmao

>tfw Tiva will never be your owner

Benis, is that you?

Never seen it high. I don't smoke the stuff anymore.

Great movie. A masterpiece.

I watched altered state last night and it was pretty damn good. I used to smoke weed years ago and I know for a fact some of the scenes would feel fucked up to watch when high. Get on that shit you stoners.

I watched it high. We told weedman to come by later so we could finish it. Shit was whack, you sound like a pussy

I showed this movie to someone that was high on methadone, I was drunk so I already watched the movie over and over before. The same night another friend with us killed himself with his car high on benzos/methadone(oddly enough his name was henry). This messed with the other guys head.

Funny you bring this movie up. I tried watching it high and the experience was so terrifying it scared me sober.

Watched Holy Mountain the first time with gf on 'shrooms. - well that was an interesting story on spiritual transformation. Wow. Those people that supposedly took shrooms are not doing well tin the movie.
Second time no drugs.
After finding out - oh shit those guys were tripping balls.
Pretty much the same.

High as fuck watch comedy with gf.
THEN smoke more and watch movie my then roommate left in the living room MARTYRS.
Well gosh that was a mistake.

Also just found out about the PCP chowder and Titanic. Find out out Bill Paxton had SEVERAL BOWLS. 1/2 of people sick, tripping balls or both. He goes and drinks a case of beer. He will be missed.

I wonder why no movie has used binural sounds to put the audience into a different state of mind?

Or that binaural beats is garabage and doesn't acrually do anything

Most movies doesn't affect me much. When high I sometimes get confused or start thinking about other things. But when I watched blue velvet I thought it really got to me. I was still moved the next day. The only time I cried since childhood was when I watched raising arizona high. Lol that ending just killed me

Is it normal to use drungs where you live? To me it seems so alien.

What movie?

In some circles.

say it with me now.
DUDE

this is dude weed lmao kino

youtube.com/watch?v=ipivUGVydMY

the latter. it probably works on some people, like all things, whether placebo or otherwise

2001 a space odyssey mightve come close actually, the sound engineering in that was crazy good

This. A really plot heavy film usually won't be that enjoyable high, unless you like feeling really lost.

Visually driven films like something by Lynch or Jodorowsky can be amazing high, and the conceptual thinking than marijuana brings on can actually help you understand the films a bit better.

>I wonder why no movie has used binural sounds to put the audience into a different state of mind?

Most people don't have soundsystems that'd be able to actually bring on the effects of binaural sound.

I know that Irreversible by Gaspar Noe uses infrasound to make the audience feel on edge and uncomfortable, though.

>watch Melancholia on acid because everyone else had left and all I had was a laptop and a mirror to entertain myself
>mfw the feeling for the next day or so of absolutely nothing

Worse than misery guys, it was genuine hell.

Yeah your focus goes

Pink Floyds The Wall has a story but it was too hard for me to follow. I enjoyed the crazy shit and music as I was coming in and out of focus though.

Ah to be 20 again... It was shit I don't miss it.

is this worth watching high?

it's probably not worth seeing at all but i have no choice, i'm gonna go see it with a friend

I think that subject matter is also a sticking point.

I really dug watching Ghost in the Shell while high, but the bulk of the dialogue in that is philosophical/existential. Metaphysical stuff like that really works well with weed.

A film that throws a lot of details at you however, like a complex detective story or character piece, that probably won't work.

Basically, if the film is driven by themes or visuals, it's probably a good watch while high.

If it's driven by plot or character details, give it a miss.

Enter the Void

ABCs of Death

Actually no movies should be. If someone tells me a movie was good/bad and tell they were under the influence their opinion is discarded and I will never listen to them again.

it's pretty common. I live in a smallish town in Texas where the youth just gets drunk or smokes weed all day when not working. Sometimes harder stuff comes through but I try not to be around coke anymore

DUDE

its really not that strange

It's Doctor.

Dull shit taste mate

Would it work in a theater ?
Not really sure how it could work.
Maybe in something like 2001 or altered states

dude

>mfw this is all druggies ever talk about
>mfw druggies define their existence through being frightened by pictures