IMDb adds F-rating to feminist films

21,800 films have been tagged with an F-rating so far

The Internet Movie Database (IMDb), which sees more than 250 million visitors per month, has adopted the ‘F-rating’ system to signpost films that were directed by women, written by women and/or pass the Bechdel test.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/imdb-adds-f-rating-to-feminist-films-a7613181.html

thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

themoviedb.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IMDb was compromised by jewish feminazi influence a long time ago

I want to fuck Anita

>lol just ignore it r-retards

>IMDb
lol

I tend to rate feminist films as F anyway

>thoughts on this?
a) you're late to the party there have already been a number of threads
b) IMDB doesn't owe you anything
c) spergs gonna sperg about things they could easily ignore

That's actually fake news. IMDb didn't add anything. Some movies have simply been tagged "F rated" by users.

>imdb

>no forums full of neckbeard manbabbies complaining about not getting all the attention

They were truly playing 2804D Yahtzee when they deleted the forums.

>c) spergs gonna sperg about things they could easily ignore
Just like you and this thread.

>lets get rid of one of the most loved things about our site: threads
>lets implement something that there is almost no demand for instead

F as in Fail. Very subtle.

Just makes it easier to avoid such flicks I guess.

There'll barely be anyone on imdb after the message boards close. After a few years it'll be funny to see Amazon choose greedy corporate reasons for shutting imdb due to low site traffic and no sales over their safespace shilling feminist political stances.

the system seems very flawed and will most likely ignore a lot of movies with an actual feminist message (most likely genre films like slashers and exploitation movies). Worse, the system will result into any people avoiding potentially great movies simply because of being associated with a political movement and movies getting high/low ratings just because they have the feminist rating

why is a movie feminist just because it was written and/or directed by a woman? if a woman filmmaker makes a movie that gets a F rating can they complain to IMDb that their movie is not feminist and that they don't want their movie to get the rating?

>Hatefuck

FTFY

There is no F-rating system in place. What those news articles are babbling about are the user tags. IMDb is *not* selecting movies to be rated F, nor are they implementing any new features.

10/10
eternally btfo

Exactly. I'm pretty sure Nora Ephron's a feminist (well a Jewish lesbian anyways) but she directed American Psycho and that's not going on the femlist.

I don't watch flicks below B+

IMDb was the place where femicunts were complaining about low-rated "women's" programmes like Sex in the City and high-rated "men's" shows like The Sopranos
Heaven forbid the idea that women-targeted television programming is complete shit

Mary Harron directed American Psycho.

How does that have anything to do with the quality of the movie? What does it even matter?

Feminists are such a fucking joke. My favorite artists are women but I couldn't care less about the fact that they're women, and I don't give any shit women artists any more chance just for being women.

Fuck this whole handing out awards for being a minority. It lowers our standards even more than they already are.

>Nora Ephron
>Lesbian
>Directed American Psycho

>

She's so damned ugly. You really need to get out more.

>mfw they just deleted the forums rather than deal with the onslaught of bitter white neckbeards with frog emojis in their username brigading every movie with an F rating, flinging their tendies and flooding the message boards with rants about circumcision, alimony, and video game journalism

They objectively made the right choice.

>F for Fail

makes it easy

>women
>minority

Your words make sense but your implied sarcasm does not

You're getting riled up over something that literally doesn't exist. Go to "Frozen" right now, if you don't believe me, and try looking for an "F rating" anywhere outside the user tags. It does not fucking exist. IMDb themselves haven't announced anything either. This shit is nothing but clickbait.

Based!

>NFL I realize women are a minority

Kek, I meant mfw

> do away with forums
> 'no no there's no reason behind this, we just don't think they are useful even though they are incredibly popular and give a voice to the users
> a week later 'oh and we're adding feminist ratings to movies lel

Well, at least we know why they took down their forums now. Because they wanted to silence dissent before it even happened.

Not him but ignoring feminism has let it permeate all the way through every Western institution, it should have been confronted. Can you imagine McCarthy ignoring communism? It would have helped communism out bigly.

See

surely this is the feature that will bring back the traffic they lost when the jettisoned the message boards

I assume he thinks that attacking Anita (and people like her), instead of ignoring her, is the real reason for the rise and current dominance of the authoritarian left.

Which is, of course, retarded. Anita was a symptom at best. By the time she presented her pathetic regurgitations of critical theory, academia had long been infested beyond cure.

>Release your magnum opus feminist propaganda piece
>IMDB lists it
>Curious amerifat moviegoers see it got an F rating.
>Assume the movie is so bad it got an F and not even a number score.
>Bombs in box office

see
There is no F rating, and IMDb has nothing to do with any of this, other than maybe appreciating the free virtue-signal-flavored publicity.

>thoughts on this?

This probably why they got rid of their forums.

True. Ignoring them gives them freedom to work their vile plans. Attacking them gives them the attention they crave. The only proper response is a calm, firm, fact-based rebuttal

Good. Helps me know which ones to avoid and go give bad ratings to.

ignoring feminism

Lel when? You losers have been throwing a kicking screaming tantrum on the kitchen floor over "le ebil feminazis" coming to steal your sperm and make you pay child support since like 2010...

Newfag

You think they got rid of the boards because of the shitstorm this would create? Fucking SJW would be living on that site talking shit about what feminism is and isn't.

>The only proper response is a calm, firm, fact-based rebuttal
I absolutely agree, but I also think that this approach is pretty ineffective due to the nature of the opposition's tactics/premises. Rational, even factual rebuttals can be "justifiably" dismissed on the basis of the race, gender, sexual orientation or social status of those presenting them. This is, in my opinion, the main reason why it's so hard to really argue against "SJW" claims. Christians had their "God works in mysterious ways" to get out of contradictions and implausibilities, and the authoritarian left has their progressive stack whereby they get to ignore and dismiss anyone and everyone who is not a certified victim.

We'll see what the future may bring in terms of counter movements.

Find 1 (one) good movie with the F-rating

American Psycho.

>bechdel test
What a joke

Feminists get a golden F sewn into their clothes then put into camps

Yeah, it's fucking retarded and in no way actually indicative of feminist themes or female empowerment in movies.

I mean, this passes the Bechdel Test.

>F
Women really are THIS stupid

flush it

>pass the Bechdel test
Not even a liberal but I wouldn't mind someone documenting this. I find it a fun little novelty to be able to say a movie I liked had fleshed-out characters for both men and women.

Underrated

I don't give a shit because I don't use it anymore.
themoviedb.org/

Didn't want to switch yet because the MDB still lacks a few titles that are present on the IMDB, but I'm feeling more and more inclined to just abandon the latter for good.

Not because of this F rating bullshit, mind you. Them deleting the boards just broke my heart.

>Them deleting the boards just broke my heart.
Yeah, that's why I switched to tMDB. I didn't even use the boards much, it's just a matter of principle.

As for missing titles - you can add them yourself. Just copy the data from imdb.

>As for missing titles - you can add them yourself. Just copy the data from imdb.
Ah, I didn't know that. Neat.

now we know why they removed any discussion.. for this?

This.
A sign of death of anything is bad decisions after bad decisions and removing the threads was ala digg website redesign. Maybe imdb will float for a while because of amazon's backing but it's going to end soon as soon as there is a viable competitor.

Is there a valid alternative to imdb yet?

See

Heh

probably. I'd say 80% of online discussion regarding feminism ("news" sites, certain youtube channels and videos) either have no comments section or have it hidden/disabled.

>see film with an F rating
>skip it
Thanks imdb!

its not meant to judge if a movie is feminist retarded male pigs, it was a joke from a comic strip showing how little movies center on women at all

>All those anime for "top movies"
IMDb had the same problem. I don't hate anime or animated movies in general, but they need their own category.

Where exactly is the F-Rating sign located?

I'm in the Frozen page but I can't find it?

Can we just tag everything with the F to make the tag useless?

see

I'm fine with it. Tells me what movies to avoid.

What would get an F? Besides Ghostbusters.

Harry Potter?

You make me sick

>flinging their tendies
go back to tumblr, you cow.

What's the viable competitor?

apparently IMDB didn't get the memo

now fuck off back to lolcow

>Bechdel test
the what?

No wonder why they shutted down reviews and forums

IMDB in steep quality decline.

Why isn't there a special minority and genderqueer tag too?

>Be woman
>make videos about games and basic feminist concepts
>white ugly neckbeards find out and keep losing their mind for years

I wonder what Anita thinks about this. It must be fun to know that your average videos triggered neckbeards so much they won't stop talking about you even after you are no longer relevant.

Everyone knows the Bechdel test. Ignorance is not a virtue, even if you're trying to downplay it as irrelevant.

>imdb
who the fuck cares.

Nothing. She was just in for the money. Doubtful if she gave even two shits about that stuff she said in her vids.

Now I'm happy the forums are gone while they were good.

Adios, Imdb.

Written or directed by a woman =/= feminist friendly

Headlines being wrong, shocker.