What was the point of this film?

What was the point of this film?

None of the events or characters in it are ever referenced again and it has no real connection to the rest of the series.

You could call it a cash in but it didn't even make that much

basically it was trying to be what Logan is, a serious character study movie about Wolverine, but unfortunately they just couldn't help themselves but go full capeshit for the ending

Hey in one of them Logan get's his adamantium claws cut off right?

How come he has them in "Logan"?

>You could call it a cash in but it didn't even make that much
as long as they profited it was worth it to the studio

I didn't see The wolverine, but X-man origins: Wolverine got retconned

He lost them in The Wolverine, which happened before Days of Future Past, which retconned pretty much everything that came before it.

A half-hearted attempt to make a more serious Wolverine film, but the studio still got in the way forcing a PG-13 rating and ludicrous CGI ending.

Timelines or something.

Pandering to weebshit comic book fans? I don't know, it's completely pointless. But capeshit fans will gobble anything so they just cash in on manchildren as usual.

basically thisIt was what they wanted to achieve with Logan. To make a definitive Wolverine movie, only they got it a little wrong.

I thought it was alright, reminded me of pic related. Can anyone recommend some other good yakuza-slaughtering kino?

>full capeshit
OPs question aside this was my problem with nipponwolverine.

It starts out really nicely, with Logan alone and living like a hermit and as he comes to Japan he looks really isolated and out of his element. It's pretty solid mostly but man at the end it all goes to shit. All the grittiness and brooding is thrown out of the window for a cheap CGI fight scene with the bad Japanese man.

Also the sidekick girl character of Yukio is cool but man the actress is fucking revolting

Literally Fuck You, I Liked It: the movie

An equal profit to expenditure movie is a failure

he did have the samurai sword implying that some sort of the events in japan happened.

who cares

The point of the film was to entertain people

It doesn't need to relate to any of the other movies

>Everyone dumps on Wolverine Origins for some reason
>This piece of trash comes out
>It's even worse

i only seen origins on that "no CGI" early leak, and it was fucking awful.
The wolverine, on the other hand, was.. pretty watchable is the best words i can come up with.

Nah, The Wolverine is the better movie.

But Origins is worse so it is more entertaining, every choice they made in Origins (except Ryan Reynolds) was the wrong one

Nobody can ever tell we what was wrong with Origins(other than the Deadpool shit)

Well, in "Logan" he has a katana on the wall in his room, I thought it was a nice reference.

>None of the events or characters in it are ever referenced again and it has no real connection to the rest of the series.
So? Is it really so awful that the movie wasn't important to the X-Men canon? Why can't you just enjoy a movie for what it is and not get fixated on how it fits into to the cinematic universe?

X-Men set up the school in First Class and Wolverine flips them off, going his way > X-Men Origins: Wolverine shows Wolverine going full adamantium > X-Men trilogy about Wolverine becoming human again and saving the world from Phoenix > in The Wolverine he is found after leaving his humanity behind to grief and suffer alone and he loses his claws > humans use technology irresponsibly turning Earth into hell, so in X-Men: Days of Future Past Magneto and Professor X send Wolverine into the past to change the world > after the future changed Wolverine continued living normally and falls into some of the same pitfalls as before, having a small role in X-Men: Apocalypse > since the world changed, Phoenix and Sentinels never happened and humans instead used various compounds in food to extinct superhumans leaving only a few behind in Logan

X-Men was literally a story about Logan suffering and it's over. Gone. Franchise is done no matter the additional movies coming.

Bad finish work on the CGI.
Inconsistent styling (was supposed to be set in the 70s yet never really felt like it).
Deadpool shit-up
Generally lackluster performances from most of the cast.
Three Mile Island.

Not saying the other movies were Cinema Extraordianaire, but Origins was hot garbage.

That's beyond revolting. That's insulting to lizard people.

I thought the opposite regarding the cast. Look at Kevin Durand (Blob). I don't think Daniel Day Lewis could have made that character arc and writing not shit.

It seems that most people who disliked tis movie saw the theatrical cut. Cuz I only saw the unleashed cut or whatever it's called - and I think it was a pretty solid Wolverine movie. It doesn't tone down gore - I mean, it has a scene where a ninja gets shredded by a snowblower truck, blood going everywhere, so there's that.
But, yeah, the big dumb YOU'RE FILMING A SUPERHERO MOVIE YOU GOTTA HAVE THE WOLVERINE FIGHT SOME BIG MONSTROUS THING ending was unnecessary.

I feel like most of the Weapon x team was utterly wasted in that movie.

continuity doesn't really exist in the xmen movies besides x1 and x2

It looks unfinished and feels all over the place.
I still find it kinda hard to believe that it was not a direct-to-video release.

Maybe if her forehead was smaller she would look better

this. it warps into a different movie for the last third.

Because it was unfinished, or at least halfheartedly finished. Once the workprint was leaked they realized it was going to be a flop so they pushed it through post just to get it over with.

fap material

Weeb pandering: The movie

Why the fuck would an American soldier (wolverine) save a jap who had tortured him

Cg is dodgy in places
Deadpool was okay but ending scene that shoes him shushing the camera, should have shown him slice open his mouth to talk.
The "emotional" wolverine moon love scenes were cringe as fuck.
Will I am's death was cool
Gambit miscast
Sabertooth was cool, especially the Scott summers scene. An explanation of how he turns beast man is needed.
Too cheap to hire Patrick Stuart other than hos voice.

From what I remember the people working on it wanted it to be a hard R rating but the exces didn't because they didn't feel it could make money. The only reason Logan got the rating it did was because Jackman took a paycut.