What does Sup Forums think of this series?

What does Sup Forums think of this series?

I don't.

It's a shameless ripoff

Emmy Rossum doesn't get paid enough

Great in parts, the writers clearly make it up as they go though so it's more unsatisfying as it goes on. Plotlines either drag forever or end abruptly

It's becoming an excuse for shitty people to continue acting like shitty people.

It's not that I don't like the show but it's really startling how many kids my age who abuse alcohol or drugs use Frank as this sort of justification for furthering their fucked up life.

>oh bro i pulled a frank gallagher and drank so much i threw up in your kitchen my bad.
>I'm on my frank gallagher shit, just fucked my baby mommas sister while her daughter watched
>I sell drugs and have a kid, my life is just like shameless!
>Oh fuck i almost passed out and died outside just like frank! my life is just like shameless lol

Kinda disturbing desu but on the flip side maybe this show will kill off some of these people faster.

Stellar first season, but gets incrementally worse as it goes on because they start leaning towards drama over comedy.

I think they jumped the shark this year having Ian get btfo for being transphobic because he didn't want to fuck that FtM tranny because he thinks vaginas are disgusting.

That guy was a fucking creep, and not even for being trans. He was just so pushy and dismissive of Ian's shit while throwing a fit about his photo id picture.

Ian and Mickey's last ride broke my heart though. I hated Mickey for so long until Ian disappeared for half a season, then he became my favorite character. He deserved better than what he got

Turned off the first episode halfway through after realizing it's literally a shot for shot remake of the uk version

Sup Forums - the character

Mickey is super based.

Yeah, cuz Sup Forums is totally all about gay butt sex.

Goes from good to fantastic seasons 1-3 and then a slow but steady decline post season 4.

Debbie becomes the absolute worst the second she gets her period

Yes it is. Congratulations captain obvious.

>Debbie becomes the absolute worst

Yes, especially the past 2 seasons. If you go back to season 1 she's always had a weird fixation with wanting a baby, which makes me question if Debbie was actually ever good.

Deb has some monster tits though, best in show

like every show it started out ok and now it's shit

Some friend of my coworkers who was wearing pic related was talking about how there was a scene where some kid was selling guns to his school which culminated in a mexican standoff in the cafeteria between teachers and students and it sounded like the dumbest shit I've ever heard of.

In fact the only people I've heard talk about this show have been fat chicks.

its not very good

you know the first season was a scene for scene copy of the brit version though right?

>In fact the only people I've heard talk about this show have been fat chicks.
Can confirm, my gf loves it

>Another American ripoff of a UK TV show that, yet again, completely misses the point.

what point is that m8

I haven't seen the UK one, but if i had to guess that show is more mean spirited to the lower class characters whereas the US one tries to create sympathy for them

Was excited for my man William H. Macy but ultimately really low-calorie plebshit with boobs

I don't know, I never watched the UK one. It looked shit.

then how are you in any position to comment about it missing the point if you haven't even seen both shows

completely wrong

those are the people you should ignore man...

>guy
never validate their mental disorder, user. that thing was pre-op, it had a vagina. it was a female

At this point I keep watching it because I've been watching it from the beginning, but I keep hoping they'll end the show.

Show is too depressing, I dropped it halfway through the first season once I learned Lipp is gonna go down the path of his father.

Can someone spoil me on what happened to the guy Fiona was dating in season 1? He seemed like such a fake piece of shit to me, but the other characters found him endearing.

Jimmy-Steve? he leaves, comes back with a wife, leaves again. fuck him, you had it right. that character was a fake piece of shit and people ate it up.

He pops in and out of the show for a while. He's a con artist but also somehow has ties to Colombian drug lords, comes back to town with a green card wife who is the daughter of a drug lord, can't manage both lives, is left with a cliffhanger on whether he lived or died. Comes back two seasons later for like 3 episodes just for Fiona to tell him off. Really poorly written stuff, and the show improved the second he left

From Chicago. Watched it for 5 minutes and turned it off after omg haha blowjob in front of mom xd but I didn't like it from the start. Can't imagine why it's praised.

Because I know what Americans do to our shows. So I can apply a universal opinion that will be correct.

Normies love it.