American film

>American film
>they still swipe cards

Rest of the world got chip in like 2014, what's wrong with you buggers.

Can you explain why chip is superior? I'll wait.

More secure, it's harder for third party tech to read.

Well I've never heard of anyone in my area get compromised so if that's not a problem for us why should we change it?

It appears to only still occur in Hollywood.
Everything from offices to hotel rooms are chips and proximity cards in my modern day city.

>paying with (((Credit Cards)))

>just because my neighborhood safe means no one has ever had a problem

People smarter than you or I will ever be made the switch for a reason

>all cards are credit cards

I know that America is usually way behind the rest of the world with card technology (you fags even get tap yet?) but there's also debit cards.

If it aint broke don't fix it.

now kill yourself

If it can be improved, why not? Could you imagine someone in the 20st Century saying "you know what, this is all fine enough, let's just stop"

Why don't you find a way to improve your sexual pleasure for when achmed fucks your asshole?

I know it's fine now but why not improve your fudge packing?

using chip apparently costs a lot of money and if your store is selling something like a 2 dollar product you basically just got nothing from that transaction

>chip
>not tap

fucking grandpa

>I can't win an argument
>lol time for ad hominem

I haven't been to committed to this argument from the beginning, i'm just replying to you between levels on my vidya.

>tap

Only works for small purchases. Also it's a bad idea at a store that you don't trust.

Not every store has a machine with a chip

>Rest of the world got chip in like 2014, what's wrong with you buggers.

rest of the world got chips in the 80s mate

>playing videogames

If you play videogames then you are not allowed to have an opinion on higher forms of art such as music, literature, and film, and since this is a film board, you don't belong.

>at a store that you don't trust

Where in the fuck would this ever be?

>it took 130 years for Europoors to get chips

kek

Yes I do.

For me? Liquor stores. Liquor stores in my area are all separate from grocery stores by law and are all run by sketchy Iranians.

I laughed

eurotrash btfo

OMG how dare we not realize that by making a store use chip technology their profits from a king size reeses cup go from 1.95 down to 1.93

Ive had my digits stolen twice. Both times from white US owned stores.
Sad state of affairs when I trust the towel head owners more than my klansmen

Europoors call them "crisps"

Only UK-fags

They're "chips" in Norway or "potato gold"

Yeah, they Pommes in Germany

>Ive had my digits stolen
Yes, I took them, checkem.

Idk where you live but we got here last year, some have Apple Pay or w.e other tap to pay service

>it's another retarded yuro thread

Maybe one day they'll make a good thread. Maybe one day.

What did you expect from a bottom 1st world country?

Sorry, our country is pretty big. We can't just put chip readers in every mosque in our country over the weekend.

I got my chip in my right hand. My wife's son got his in his forehead

>2017
>not bartering in skins and furs

I've never used swipe in my life. I don't it's allowed to have card readers that don't do chip in my country.

Why should I care?

I rarely ever use my debit card outside of withdrawing cash from the ATM, I used cash for most purchases. If I don't I use my credit card, and I'm not liable for fradulent charges. I'm not liable with my debit card either, I just would have to wait a week or two to get my money back while the bank sorted it out, and since I am not poor, that is not a big issue.

You cant drain checking accounts with spoofed debit card information anyway, since most banks have around a $700 dollar limit for those types of purchases, you need to call the bank to get that limit temporarily raised otherwise you have to write a check or do a wire transfer, which requires authorization some ATM skimmer doesn't have.

All that said chip is becoming more common, at least in my area.

its an easier motion requiring less energy