Any old fags here who were into Laser Discs?

Any old fags here who were into Laser Discs?

Yeah, I am.

That's pretty dank post your collection and set up.

I don't have it anymore.

How long was it the home's main video player and how often could the movies be found at a regular retailer or was it mail order only?

I don't remember. I got all my discs in store.

Where are you from?

I'm from Germany here, it was pretty much enthusiasts only who owned Laser Discs, if you were into Japanese animation and imports Laser Disc was where it was at. Good luck finding them in random retailer it was practically mail order only

Canada.

My dad's laserdisc player died just after christmas.
I had just been to Japan and bought some old discs.

Retrospectively do you believe going for Laser Disc was worth it or should you have just have settled with VHS?

Depending on where you are it shouldn't be that difficult tracking one down If I can find plenty of them here in Germany I doubt the supplies in the USA are dwindling.

Yes, laser disc was expensive and the jump in quality was not worth it.

Video quality was not a gigantic increase that il agree sound wise was where laser disc really shined VHS tapes could sound horrendous.

DUDE OLD STUFF

I like old shit

>implying
The difference in quality between VHS and Laserdisc was absolutely crazy.
Laserdisc is even better than DVD, you dumb fucks.
Blu-ray trumps it hard, tho

>Laserdisc is even better than DVD

What the fuck are you smoking? Laser Disc is Composite/S-Video only meanwhile DVD's can get us SCART RGB and Component

laserdisc is more worthwhile now. it's cheap to get in to and there's tons of stuff that has yet to be released on DVD/BD to collect.

Is there truth to the Laser Disc rot or is it just a dank meme

>video encode resolution and video output resolution are the same thing
Lol

>video encode resolution and video output resolution are the same thing
Lol

I still have my dad's laserdisc player

i have a few dozen laserdiscs purchased mostly off ebay and none of them had rot