Why did anyone ever think that walking zombies was a good idea?

Why did anyone ever think that walking zombies was a good idea?

Running zombies is the most retarded idea ever. First, they're zombies. They're dead. Second, running is tiring as fuck.

Zombies is a retarded concept to begin with. Period.

I would assume that depending on how fresh they are they would run or walk or crawl etc etc/

These zombies aren't dead rotting corpses though.

You're a retarded concept.

Y'MOIND DE KAIRDS

If people hardly run while alive, there's fuck all any chance they'd do it while dead.

If zombies are following their own lore that only their brains are "alive" they would be physically incapable of running due to the fact that lactic acid wouldn't be able to be produced in their legs, also their adrenal gland wouldn't function either which would prevent the burst of adrenaline we need to get running

I think if you're really that eager to up the stakes you should go full on Crossed. Were The Crazies like that? I can't remember. Did they say awful shit to you while trying to rape you?

The Weeks/Days "zombies" aren't really zombies but humans driven entirely by aggression and rage and the need to murder the fuck outta anyone not affected, they die of shit like starvation.

Why did anyone think science zombies were a good idea?

Voodoo zombies are dumber

Movie zombies were supposed to be terryfying precisely because of their harmless nature when facing a single one of them. You can simply outpace them at walking speed.

The scary bit comes from their relentlessness - the complete inability to giv e up the chase once they spot you and how much threat they pose in a large group despite being completely disorganised and chaotic.

running corpses are silly

Yeah zombies aren't really about overpowering or outrunning humans, they're about being fucking everywhere and being extremely numerous to the point where humans are forced into a battle of attrition against the zombies. Fast zombies = action, slow zombies = horror

yes, the point of zombies is to be the endless trudging death

>tfw 13 more years until 28 years later release

They aren't zombies in 28 day/weeks later they are normal people infected with the rage virus. This is why they run and act crazy

>walking corpses aren't silly

Moron

In 28 weeks later the zombies were all starved to death (with the exception of the one carrier). 28 years later is completely incomprehensible

>28 Fortnights Later
>28 Seasons Later
A man can dream

>28 light years later
>zombies in space

i actually dont remember much from 28 weeks but im sure some crafty writer would be able to write down a coherrent story by 2030

rigamortis

10/10 post
Sup Forums is truly the board of intellectuals.

The infection came back and spread to Paris at the end of 28 Weeks Later.

>28 Months Later
>28 Hours Later: The Prequel
COME ON DANNY BOY

FUUUUUNNNNDDDDD ITTTTTT

dunno mate i'm spooped everytime i go to our collegium anatomicum at my uni.

there's this guy that works there that looks like argus filch from Harry Shitter movies. I've seen him casually throwing bodybags over his shoulder and strutting with them on the corridors like it's noone's business. I bet he fucks them too.

28 years later a frozen zombie is thawed and begins again

Ah'm runnin' like Paul-fuckin-Newman by the way.

ly is a unit of length not time

The zombies "eat" everything within seconds, which just causes more zombies and less food without a few minutes to hours. That's how they were able to spread so fast in < 28 days, and why after 28 weeks they had exhausted all their food.

28 years later they would probably have ate their way through all of eurasia and africa but still starved.

Shambling zombies are great in certain contexts.

But with the internet and how information is spread these days, they don't make a whole lot of sense. Wall to wall TV coverage, there would be YT videos, twitter etc etc. Even if you assume that the world doesn't have zombie media, information is just far more easily spread. They work in Romero movies because people don't know shit about what is happening, they just think their families are injured or will get better and aren't about to let the police barge in and take their family members or execute them.

Running zombies are actually a huge threat regardless of information, so just easier. Though if you're smart enough or do it well enough, shambling zombies still work.

Danny Boyle is probably the best director of our time

All good movies

I'd rather have a prequel than a sequel, because every sequel would be basically a rehash of 28 weeks later.

>strong hold
>zombies breach
>eat
>stronghold falls
>zombies spread

Let's try not bringing some sense into these movies.

>28 years later
>group of survivors isolate themselves on island
>decades pass
>time to explore the mainland
>movie starts

needs a twist i guess, to make it interesting

Reminder George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead is the greatest zombie film of all time. It'll never be surpassed. Day of the Dead is also a masterpiece.

>isolate themselves for 28 years
>zombies still being alive for 28 years or anywhere near the coast they land on

as i said, there need to be a twist

why you demand full logic in a zombie movie

It's not even full logic. It's a desire to not shit on established lore just to make another zombie movie

it's quite boring to be honest. I like Day better.

stop fetishizing our brains, zombie scourge

People needing to use zombies as a general purpose outside threat that itself is not rushing. Imagine a flash flood. Okay, good. That's not a zombie. Imagine a car running you down... that is not a zombie.

But sinking in quicksand? Starving to death? Dying of the plague? Now we're talking zombie. Slowly going insane and turning on each other? Zombie.

>The walking dead is getting closer and closer to the end of season 7
>Still no running zombies to add some danger & new interesting aspect of survival

why bros ?

This

The disease can mutate and self sustain

There is no logical way zombies ever made sense without magic to begin with anyway

Because it's shitty and still collects a ridiculous amount of (Views)

No incentive for better content

plenty of ways to expand the lore dude

what about some scientist madman taking advantage of that gene thing in 28 weeks? creating a new race of hybrid zombies that learn to adapt?

see i just made that up in 10 seconds im sure some smart dude can create a better story in 10 years

They aren't zombies. They were infected with with shit

like a negro on pcp

it wasn't zombies. if you watch the first film it begins with some PETA fags breaking into a gov animal testing facility and finding a bio-weapon created from modified rabies. they never actually eat people in the films, just beat the fuck out of them/bite them till they are dead or turned

People that prefer fast zombies don't understand why zombie films work.

Walking corpses are NOT zombies and NEVER have been.

"Night of the Living Dead" is NOT a zombie movie.

The ONLY real zombies are living people in a trance under the control of a voodoo witch doctor using magic powder who perform menial labour.

#notmyzombies

Seriously though, "zombie purists" who insist that fast, living, infected, or intelligent zombies aren't "real zombies" need to fucking kill themselves.

This. Basically are massive faggots

Also fuck all of you for not posting pics of Imogen Poots

The Crazies were like PG13 Crossed. No rape, no swearing, just good old wholesome murder and gore.

>night
>dawn
>day
jesus christ i just realised it meant dawn as in before sunrise

>People that prefer fast zombies don't understand why zombie films work.
I agree but most of us probably agree that this opening scene was thrilling.

Why was there never a third Weeks/Days Later movie? They were pretty fun flicks.

Rise from the grave zombies >>>>>>>> virus zombies

I still like slow zombies.

The idea of an unrelenting hoard that never stops or gets tired is much more appealing to me than a bunch of unkillable fast monstrosities.

>They work in Romero movies because people don't know shit about what is happening, they just think their families are injured or will get better and aren't about to let the police barge in and take their family members or execute them.
Terrible sequels aside, the point of Night of the Living Dead is that it's not the zombies that are a danger, per se. If those people had not decided to barricade the house, they wouldn't have drawn such a huge horde to the place which resulted in the demise of most of them.

Infowars listeners have the whole thing under control the next day anyway, which I think is terribly accurate. A lib city like New York, on the other hand, would be fucked.

Also

>No one talking about the definitive zombie running kino
Probably still the best zombie movie ever, praise Snyder.

In English doc!!