Why did nobody tell me this was such fucking kino?

Why did nobody tell me this was such fucking kino?

Because you are new. Before the Sup Forumsv/eddit invasion of 2012 this movie was posted a lot.

Hold on just a minute...why didn't anyone tell me this movie was actually good?

Because that's the job of your parents while you were growing up. It's not our fault they failed.

I don't know, have you just recently seen it for the first time or something? Everyone knows it's kino.

It makes me so sad that this movie was the start of the end of traditional animation. Fuck everyone that didn't see this when it came out in theaters.

Because you've only been on this board for 6 months.

owned the vhs when it came out, good enough

Because you are 12

How the hell do you pronounce spveddit
It's hurting my brain.

Solid 6.5/10 film nothing to call home about or call kino.

Until the end.

Ending was objective shit, what the giant did spat in the face of the whole message of the film and turned a 6.5 to a 4 at best.

>muh bad ending
>thinks an alien robot could be destroyed by a simple nuke

You're a faggot posing as a faggot auteur

>dude guns are bad lmao
>dude the anti-communist is a lunatic lmao

Yeah, no.
Libshit garbage.

This is the first trump poster to ever make me angry, gj dude

you were told every day of your wasted life, not our fault you didn't listen

>Nothing to call home about
Wat did u mean by this?

the book was mindblowing when i was 5

LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW

obviously he postured himself obnoxiously, but TIG does push the whole anti-gun thing pretty fucking hard. I think its an alright kids movie, but there are literally lines like "GUNS KILL PEOPLE" "GUNS ARE BAD!" and its pretty fucking on-the-nose. kinda keeps it from being as insightful as it really wants to be

Nan would not enjoy

ARE YOU MAD user!?

Where's the giant Mansley?

Saw it in the cinema but don't remember it being so fucking sad

It's has a lot more impact watching as an adult

It's better than any Pixar movie.

Why didn't the giant shoot the nuke with one of his missiles?

>Hunters are shown to be just regular dudes out hunting for food
>The military is portrayed as good people and any wrong doing done by them is attributed to the civilian government commander who is cowardly and feeds them false intel

Was the anti-gun message really that heavy handed?

I never rewatched it as an adult but I remember feeling as thought the movie was about military overzealousness rather specifically being anti-guns.

It's the opposite. The military are portrayed pretty positively who are forced into the shitshow by Mansley and the general is a total bro who wants nothing more than to shove his boot up Mansley's ass. He even gives the kid the only piece of the giant they found.

Rewatched it as an adult and it was the first thing I noticed, super distracting and weird. Not to say it isn't a good movie, but fuck me if isnt jarring.

Like, whatever moral that there should have been gets completely fucking deflated by the whole gun thing. It's completely inconsistent with what the other user said which is completely accurate . You got two army dudes, one of which is the main villain and the other who is not. Both use guns. The distinction between Mansley and the rest of the army gets blurred. It really fucks with the movie

Mansley isn't really part of the army. He's more like part of the FBI that investigates strange shit and somehow has authority over the military

It's 1957 in the movie so isn't he just proto-CIA? They came into being in 54 yeah?

SCREW MY COUNTRY I WANNA LIVE

For the longest time I thought this scene was from some game, similar to Full Throttle maybe.

(And no, the movie isn't actually kino or even particularly good. Pretty overrated IMO.)

BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING
N E W
E
W