As grown adults with patrician taste, can we have a mature conversation about who was in the fucking wrong here? Please

As grown adults with patrician taste, can we have a mature conversation about who was in the fucking wrong here? Please.

>Billy was calling Tommy's name out the minute he walked into the bar, like sheesh give the guy a sec you old mobster fuck. Also, at the end they both apologized (however false it was) and Billy just had to get the last word in by telling Tommy to go home and get his Sup Forums box

Sup Forums hereby finds Billy guilty of utmost faggotry, sentenced to death by knife and buried in a hole somewhere in upstate NY

prove me wrong, protip, you might be able to

Other urls found in this thread:

mafia.wikia.com/wiki/William_Bentvena
youtube.com/watch?v=DzqZNRVIQpM
youtube.com/watch?v=TdwDUmsEz0g
youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0UEWRcvJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tommy should've just gotten his fucking shine box

Billy was breaking balls, Tommy was a hot head

all italians are loudmouth retards

In my humble opinion, billy insulted tommy a little bit. He did.

Tommy should have gotten his fucking shinebox, Batts was a made man, he did nothing wrong.
I offer dubs as evidence.

It doesn't matter, Billy was a made guy and Tommy had no right treating him like a half of faggot or something. Billy was not a little out of line himself even if he did insult him a little bit.

Nah, he didn't insult nobody

Childhood is believing in the Billy/Tommy dichotomy
Adulthood is realizing that blaming Jimmy makes more sense

Tommy killed a made man because he's an enraged little manlet.

Tommy was absolutely in the wrong.

Goodfellas is the most kino gangster movie

100% chance OP is a manlet

Once Upon A Time in America

>implying he asked Tommy to pay his bar tab in front of the entire crew

go on..

He got a little bit out of order.

No, they're just creative

Nah, nah... Give us a drink!

billy insulted tommy first, knowing that tommy moved up in the ranks, tommy warned him to stop advancing with the snark comments by saying don't go busting my balls but billy persisted. billy had what was coming to him

Jimmy had his own reason to want Billy dead, more serious than Tommy's indignation at being disrespected. Jimmy wanted to hold onto the rackets that he had taken over while Batts was in prison, which Batts would have easily gotten back with his status as a made man. So Jimmy kept Billy at the bar knowing he'd be killed if he stayed there, participated in the murder, and helped hide the body, knowing that Tommy would get the blame, as Billy's crew witnessed him blowing up at Batts earlier that night. Instead of taking any effort to cool him off, Jimmy used Tommy as a scapegoat while he secured his own interests, happily helping his "friend" to sign own death warrant.

LAYERS
A
Y
E
R
S

Then why was he so upset when tommy got wacked?

Billy's a made guy. Rules are rules, they don't stop existing just because you felt especially offended by the guy.

He went a little too far in a few places.

>tfw you thought you knew better after watching goodfellas literally 50+times and then this comment is posted...

true goodfella detected

the drinks are on the house.

makes sense

>The common belief, perpetuated by the 1990 movie Goodfellas, is that DeSimone murdered Bentvena for insulting him at The Suite. However, the real reason for the murder was that Burke had taken over Billy Batts' loanshark business while he was in prison. According to Hill, Bentvena had been complaining to Joe Gallo about getting back this racket. Not wanting to return the business to Bentvena, Burke decided to eliminate him instead. When he was attacked, Batts was so inebriated he failed to defend himself. At the time of the murder in 1970, Batts was 49 years old and was a respected and feared made member in the Gambino family.

That was never implied.

Git out with your made-up pleb canon.

Looks like someone we know

He was still his friend and he was more upset than Tommy didn't get made. If Tommy got made that was a huge amount of protection and legitimacy within the organized crime community. With Tommy dead he'll never get the access those inside connections.

Plus Tommy tried to rape Karen irl. Karen was banging Paulie while Henry was was in prison. That's Tommy got whacked. Typical Long Island Jew broad behavior BTW.

Have the drink with me!

>implying implications are decipherable easily

woaaah bing, witout da beard (ayyyyyy)

It's never really mentioned in the movie except for a split second when the scene starts with Tommy coming back in the 2nd time, Jimmy is talking to Billy and all you hear is

>Billy: And me, I want what I gotta get

Meaning he's owed something, he's owed what was taken over by Jimmy.

The only reason this is known is by researching the real Billy Batts/Jimmy story or by reading the book, so if you haven't there's no way you would've known it just from the movie.

Friendship, death and mourning are complicated things in that sort of an environment. I'm sure Jimmy felt some amicability towards Tommy, but he still used him to further his own interests. Just like he felt friendship towards Henry, but he would have easily had him killed or even killed him with his own hands if it would have served him to do so. Bitter enemies grieve for each other once one has died, even though they may have been at each other throats a week before the funeral.
In addition to being spelled out in the book, this is directly mentioned in the movie. In the scene preceding Billy's assault and death, Batts tells Jimmy that he's done his time and he wants what he's "gotta get" and has "mouths to feed". I believe Henry also narrates something to that effect at some point.

I hereby dub you goodfellas master (TM)

where are you getting this shit nigger? I didn't hear that shit about karen and I host the stream that literally plays goodfellas on repeat (only dedicated chrissy posters will know the-channel-that-can't-be-mentioned)

either way any more good shit about the movie? ill buy you a drink--on the house

>Martin Scorsese is literally posting in this thread

The only really Billy even brought it up was to show how visibly impressed he was with how Tommy has come along in the world. He didn't mean it like "Ha look at this mook clean my shoes you lowlife."

Then Tommy completely disrespects him and Billy was insulted

Maybe because Henry was looking out the window?

mafia.wikia.com/wiki/William_Bentvena

This thing is mind blowing I don't know if it's true or not.

However I'd never let truth get in the way of of an excellent story.

Seriously you could make make a classic crime drama from that plot alone.

O B L I G A T O R Y

B

L

I

G

A

T

O

R

Y

youtube.com/watch?v=DzqZNRVIQpM

The Shinebox thing a lone is pretty low on the ball busting. It's disrespectful but it's hardly a great personal insult. But Tommy was fucking crazy. So who knows.

post the link

spoken like a true goodfella

>Sure, we break some balls here tonight, but I go way back. And in light of recent humiliations, it's an honor to be joined by men, and not faggot ass corn-holin' cocksuckers like married my cousin. He should fuckin' die!

/ourguy/

Jimmy knocks him to the ground from behind. Jimmy is the would curb stomping Batts. It's clearly. Jimmy directing the murder not Tommy.

>SUBTEXT

Better question: how tf would garlic liquify on a pan?

by slicing it thin, duh

Heat and good olive oil but not extra virgin olive oil on medium to high heat.

youtube.com/watch?v=TdwDUmsEz0g

>The common belief, perpetuated by the 1990 movie Goodfellas, is that DeSimone murdered Bentvena for insulting him at The Suite. However, the real reason for the murder was that Burke had taken over Billy Batts' loanshark business while he was in prison.

...fucking hollywood

Jimmy used Tommy like a vicious dog.

No no, Billy, the drinks are on...the house

Will you drop this fucking meme

its cytube slash mafiatv, google it this saturday

turns out i've had it bookmarked for awhile

what was ur username familia?

Skip to 18 minutes

>half a fag
what did they mean by this?

Whatever happened before the apology doesn't really matter. Both men apologized, seemingly sincerely, and the matter should've died right there. But then Batts gets uppity for no discernible reason and snaps at Tommy. Now it was out of line for Tommy to kill him, way out of line, but Batts should've known he was playing with fire by picking at the same scab so maliciously when it clearly hurt Tommy the first time. Again, Batts was a made man who just got out of the joint. As far as the verbal argument went though, he was in the wrong. Shouldn't have gotten killed, but he was in the wrong.

Did Henry rat Tommy out? He never jumped in to defend him when Paulie and the restaurant owner were negotiating

Delete this.

Bisexual

youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0UEWRcvJY
just had a hearty kek over this

Kek

He's got a nice head of white hair

>when that horrible mic comes in at 0:47

>Playing with fire
I mean, he doesn't know this, right? The last he remembers of Tommy he was shining shoes. Also they're all shown to be loud assholes (like all of them) Tommy is just an overreacting piece of shit that can't keep his anger in check--which I'm sure Spider could tell you something about.

At the end of the day though I think all that matters is that Batts was made and Tommy wasn't and that's that. His place on the totem pole lets him talk shit. Part of the life.

any reupload? blocked for me

MEZZO FENOUK

I would say this, but I could literally watch goodfellas anytime anywhere

Have you read Wiseguy too?

>italians
>loudmouth
>retards

All true.