/lbg/ - letterboxd general

High School Simulator Edition

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

QOOT: What are the best movies about high school?

>News
The threads continue to be beset by spammers.

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for shitposting purposes only don't offer or expect serious discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!4Qc22Bga!hlTg2UvFWOiLiHvotX1lbdEXrrZy3zZN8YhN4cMyZ5g
mega.nz/#!pVlHBaQA!23z-lSe7pHljObbJh9Vu9Era7t4-zaw2NglzvJS3BPU
letterboxd.com/me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hi

Hi!

Zero de conduite of Jean Vigo

this looks good

Cool. I liked L'Atalante a lot. Maybe I'll go through Vigo's filmography next. As a bonus, it houldn't take too long either.

You shouldn't post seriously on a shitposter thread

There's already so many posts. Let's draw some of it out for a deeper look, toy with it, take it into a new light with inventive and expressive posting. Freud would suggest doing so as a way to look into our minds.

wahoo!!

stop samefagging your fake thread, it's pathetic

There's only you here being pathetic, for some good weeks now. Wonder what's your objective

I am a TV

>6 posts
>2 ips
>posting profiles of random people
stop being weird

Reminder to contact a mod in IRC if, God forbid, the spammer returns. I've already done this and am awaiting a response.

He will return because he already is right here. The same megaautist trying to ruin /lbg/ all by himself, from the OP to the autosage. Just add things up

>OP
there is literally nothing wrong with the OP you paranoid dumbass

Of course, shitposter. Go treat your mental illnesses

Why

Why not?

>mental illnesses
>talks to himself in his own thread because he didn't like the OP in this thread
hmmmm

No, shitposter, any mental illnesses are yours, so deeply interested in making /lbg/ terrible

Reposting.

mega.nz/#!4Qc22Bga!hlTg2UvFWOiLiHvotX1lbdEXrrZy3zZN8YhN4cMyZ5g

oh shit I've been meaning to watch this

I've been thinking, /lbg/. You kids like to throw words like pleb and patrician around like you studied film theory at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. You'll argue over French New Wave and Italian Neorealism until you're blue in the face. But I bet not one of you can tell me how Kant's theory of the sublime relates to Werckmeister Harmonies. If I asked you what your favourite films are, you might name The Three Colors Trilogy or Hiroshima Mon Amour. You'd tell me the cinematography in those films was excellent and how Resnais's use of flashbacks mirrors our perception of memory. You'll praise Bergman as the epitome of philosophical, yet if I asked you what influence Kierkegaard had on Bergman's Winter Light you'd have to go to Wikipedia to look it up. Look at yourself, /lbg/. I don't see erudite patricians interested in advancing their understanding of cinematic form, I see scared children hopelessly trying to convince themselves they're better than everyone else. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. Yet you have the arrogance to call others plebs. Why don't you go and do something with your life instead of making everyone around you miserable?

Your move, chief.

10/10

how fucking new r u
this is years old pasta

>High School Simulator Edition
These threads are sort of like high school.

Of course that's your contention. You're a first-year film student; you just got finished watching some nouvelle vague cinema, Jacques Rivette probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to Godard's maoist period. Then you're going to be talking about how Truffaut's shamelessly became petit bourgeois after the 60's. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating André Bazin, talkin' about, you know, caméra-stylo and mise-en-scène. "Resnais's use of flashbacks mirrors our perception of memory"? You got that from Cahiers du Cinéma n° 97, page 98, right? Yeah, I read that too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Or do you, is that your thing, you come on Sup Forums, quote some obscure opinion and then pretend - you pawn it off as your own, as your own idea just to impress some virgins, embarrass my tripfriends? See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you're gonna start doin' some thinkin' on your own and you're going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don't do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could have got for a low ratio warning on karagarga.

>Why don't you go and do something with your life instead of making everyone around you miserable

kek, I remember this one.

>how fucking new r u this is years old pasta

I've been here for years. Rockin' my peers and puttin suckas in fear. Makin' the tears rain down like a MON-soon.

Listen to the bass go BOOM

beat me to it

Who will be the first to post their profile?

One more.

mega.nz/#!pVlHBaQA!23z-lSe7pHljObbJh9Vu9Era7t4-zaw2NglzvJS3BPU

>tfw you will never go on a romantic tour of New York with aeltbx
>you will never eat a hot dog together from both ends, your lips lightly touching as you both reach the middle
>he will never give you a cheeky handy in the cinema
jdimsa

Who is this nitrate goddess?

Brigitte Helm?

Luddite

me
letterboxd.com/me/