Finally got out and saw Logan

Finally got out and saw Logan.

Don't believe the hype. Movie starts off strong, but falls apart upon reaching the farm and the introduction of evil Wolverine. There will never be any serious Capekino besides Dark Knight Trilogy and you are a fool if you believe otherwise. Imagine pitching the idea of Logan to a studio without referencing any of the character names or the property. You would be laughed out of the room before you could get two-thirds in.

>X-24 pleb filter

Works everytime

this x100

>rating the Dark Knight trilogy

Maybe like 2-3 good moments between 3 movies

>Logan doesn't kill the Chief of Security when he first comes to the scrapyard
Lmao, he fucked up.

>Muh X-24

>lol why is Logan suddenly younger looking, has short hair, and shave his beard

Lol fucking retard.
Maybe you can watch something you understand like Elmo's World.

>DUDE EVIL WOLVERINE

k.

>evil Wolverine
spotted the casual

Nah, it's great throughout. Top Capekino, better than TDK.

>Imagine pitching the idea of Logan to a studio without referencing any of the character names or the property. You would be laughed out of the room before you could get two-thirds in.

Imagine pitching the idea of Jurassic park or Avatar to studio execs without Michael Crighton's or James Cameron's names on them.
>lol island full of clone dinosaurs? Give me a break and go get my coffee, intern
>lol planet of tall blue native americans that the humans cloned to use as bodies to survive the harsh atmosphere while mining? Your career is over, bud, pack your shit and get out.

Any movie with any outlandish premise has to have big names or properties attached to be greenlit. The Wizard of fucking Oz would have been shot down if the novel hadn't been so successful.
Any movie you like can be boiled down to bullshit or luck, stop pretending Logan isn't good because "muh edgy capeshit."

>wolverine dies
>prof x dies
>cute son of that family killed

awful movie. AWFUL.

>it's a 'bad guy is an evil clone of the protagonist' episode

>they don't cut x-24s head off

Movie wasted

Seems redundant when X-23 blew his brains out

I felt bad for xavier he kept getting everyone killed and accidentally killed numerous x men. He was like the Mr magoo of death.

Fuck you OP, all of this has already been talked to death, you're very late to the party.

You say the movie gets bad when they get to the farm but don't explain why. For me it was one of the most fucked up and awe inducing parts of the movie when the whole family gets slaughtered. I don't see how it's a bad part lmao.

>enjoys cute boy slaughtered

P.S.Y.C.H.O.
Y.O.U.

Dude.. you suck dicks

It's a brilliant film.

It also has deeper (and far less reactionary) religious/Christian themes than BvS.

I didn't enjoy it, I just thought it was a powerful part of the movie and it represented how dark and depraved everything was for the main characters.

what religious themes does it have lol

>He was forced to look into the mirror at the brutal actions of his evil past self.

I thought it was clever

P.S.Y.C.H.O.
L.I.A.R.
Y.O.U.

Of course it wouldn't work. The premise works because of the characters. Their stories. That's why it's the last movie, not the first. You're dead wrong. But I agree that the second half of the movie goes downhill but it never gets bad.

No shit. its always outsiders
this is the cycle
>new movie comes out
>plebs come to Sup Forums to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
>the plebs leave because they have other boards to shitpost on
>all that's left are the regular Sup Forums posters
>they usually hate it since movies like this tend to be shit
>cycle repeats when the YIFY torrent comes out but forces are more evenly matched this time

>evil past self
He was never evil in any of the films. Plus he's behind like 5 layers of amnesia. What exactly would he have to reflect on?

What is about it that triggers people so much.

It was quite obvious that he got his memory back though, also he fought in many wars and was pretty much a murderer since his childhood

>girl believes in a (comic) book about a messianic figure that will lead her and her people to a promised land literally named Eden
>That messianic figure ends up sacrificing himself for them and dying on a tree

You are an imbecile. An easily-triggered imbecile.

They're the same people who would have complained endlessly if Boyd had been the only villain. Who cares about them?

explain/elaborate pls. what's x-24 pleb filter and how are they triggered or how do they react?

Someone getting assblasted over X24 is someone not worth listening to, in short.

>He doesn't understand X-24

Maybe not evil (in the films), but feral and savage maybe. He was forced to face his feral self.

>no stan lee cameo

FUCK YOU, SHIT DIRECTOR, FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

People who didn't understand the significance of X-24 to the character's cinematic life cycle are basic newbies

>no post credits scene
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

First time I've actually subscribed to a pleb filter.

Is this some kind of headcanon the fanbase concocted to wish away those two garbage Wolverine movies?

He's never anything but a good guy, even in the wars scenes.

X-24 was a shitty plot device designed to dispense more false suffering to make comic nerds think their gruff man crush is hard.

Nobody is triggered by X-24, stop ruining that word.

>falls apart upon reaching the farm and the introduction of evil Wolverine
>falls apart when Logan's past literally slaughters Charles the family they were staying with.
You are a fucking retard.

>Laura and X24 were made with wolverines DNA
>Laura was his humanity, X24 was his hatred
>need the start of the movie, proffesor X accuses logan of "just waiting for me to die"
>X24 kills proffesor X
>at the end of the movie, Laura , his daughter destroys the evil inside of him

He was nailed to the x

X-24 sucked.

Old Man Logan (the comic) was superior in that
Logan accidentally killed all the X-Men, and that gives him something to wrestle with. And it explains why he doesn't want to try to help anyone anymore.

Here it's just lol he fights an evil clone of himself because he has evil/feralness in him, despite the fact that in this movie it's Charles who killed the X-Men and Wolverine wasn't at fault for much, except for being affected by the deaths of people he cared about (whom Charles killed).
So why was this movie about Logan, then? It should have been about Charles.

>imagine pitching the idea of Logan to a studio without referencing any of the character names or the property. You would be laughed out of the room before you could get two-thirds in.

How the fuck is this an argument?

I can say the same thing about the Dark Night

"lol a rich guy dresses up as an animal and fights a clown, so fucking dumb lol'

Basic Newbie here, can you please elaborate?

I'm not challenging what you're saying, just looking to better understand.

Worked well as a 'Great American Movie' just by the way it was shot alone.

This. Having Mysterio show up would be a problem, but I'm sure they could have figured out another way to make it work.

see and To get meta, they could have used Sabretooth.. but it really would not have been the same. 'Sabretooth kills Logan' just doesn't have the same poetry as 'the only creature fiercer and more deadly that could kill The Wolverine was Wolverine himself'

>Viewing a clone of him as anything deeper than a clone

It's not his past. It's just a fucking clone. Calm down and stop trying to make everything deeper than it is.

It's even more fun if you try to do that for TDKR, watch:

A rich man in a Halloween costume gets into a fist fight with a steroid abusing 60 year old man in the streets of a fictional city.

They're only backing up their claims. It's what Snyder apologists do.

thanks, all i need to know
ill just wait for yif

>Can't understand surface level symbolism in capeshit.
It's not even that deep you dense faggot.

Thanks, this was actually the first X-men movie i've seen so as you can probably guess, there was a lot of stuff I didn't understand. I still enjoyed it however, strangely enough. Felt like I was watching Breaking Bad with superheros in it.

> big lipped negro boy
> cute

Homos truly are mentally ill

These are the same kinds of people who think Joker is Batman's Tyler Durden and that they're the same person. They need to get slapped down sometimes.

It was overhyped but it was still good t b h.

and besides him going against the X-24 is basically fighting his younger self or if he was what theys made him to be

You should watch First Class next. It's a pretty good entry point. If you just want more Wolverine then just watch The Wolverine not X-Men Origins.

If they worked backward and wrote the plot around that punchy ending, ie: Logan's death, then I wholeheartedly agree with the evil clone decision as it ties into the primary point of the franchise's endeavour ie: passing the mantle to Logan's 'daughter', a character crucial to the plot of the movie. To make you swallow the ridiculous premise of 'loli Wolverine is his female clone' they had to show us what a successful product of those failed experiment was capable of.

Evil clone Wolverine also represents a sucessful version of the Weapon X program. He was facing the creature that he was meant to be, and it was all the more dramatic for it.

I would watch X-Men 1. You learn so much about Wolverine's character in this movie

True. Obviously the best way to watch them is release order.