ITT: Guilty Pleasures

This was rather silly but I had fun watching it, desu. It was comfy.

I agree on the comfy level, but man, EVERY scene with Apocalypse was just AWFUL. The story was decent, the characters were nice, but i just can't get behind that dude as Apocalypse. Not menacing at all.

Plus, wtf was Magneto even doing at the end? All that power and he's just making circles with shit. He seriously served no purpose in the last battle.

>millions or billions dead when jean could have vaporized his ass at any moment

Quality film

I watched this the other night and thought it was stupid.

I watched you the other night and thought you were stupid.

I watched stupid the other night and thought it was you

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS

congratulations?

how did he miss havoc?

I think he was incinerated right away by his poor decision making skills.

>tfw no buddy cop Father/Son flick with Magneto and Quicksilver

It hurts to exist.

>, EVERY scene with Apocalypse was just AWFUL.
the Egypt stuff was the only good part of the movie

Havoc was already in the blast by the time he got there. Couldn't see him.

I just watched it for the first time and thought it was pretty good. Magneto's family was neat, though their death came a bit too quickly. I liked Apocalypse as a villain as well. A shame he got rid of his hood, it did a good job of hiding his retarded look.

Jean Grey and Cyclops were miscast though. Didn't care for their fat faces any time they were on screen.

Jean yeah but Cyclops seemed fine imo.

>Guilty Pleasure
>needing validation on why you like the things you like

Insecure much OP

It's schlock capeshit, that's what everyone doesn't understand. People view it under the same lens they do when they watch wannabe grimdark flicks like Batman v Superman or Civil War.

It's supposed to be fun.

I mean Bryan Singer even had Sophie Turner break the fourth wall to let the audience know not to take this all seriously and to enjoy the inherent silliness of people fighting in costumes-- but people would rather drown in their cyncism instead.

It was okay but it had problems
>Apocalypse one of the most powerful mutants ever doesnt really do anything
>Angel is fucking worthless again
>Wolverines cameo and the fact we have to see Alkaline lake again
>The villians dont do anything expect fuck around in Egypt
>Magneto family scene could be seen coming from a mile away
Still enjoyed it though

Just caught the after credits scene. It was a teaser for logan. I dont think i ever watched that one.

yeah genuinely this. i mean, its retarded as fuck, they basically undid all the progress they made with dofp. if anything, the governments of the entire world are going to be even more united and on board with the idea of exterminating or controlling mutants. fucking ONE of them tore a part entire cities all over the fucking planet, and those buildings definitely weren't empty. tens of millions at the very least are dead. mutants are going to experience more hate and fear than ever before, worse than anything, far worse than any real life minority, far more than the dofp timeline. they are utterly fucked now. transigen's anti mutant treatment is going to be hailed as the savior of mankind.

In some versions of xmen,including the movies, phoenix isnt some cosmic force that possesses people, jean always was that powerful and charles locked away her power because she cannot control it. When apocalypse and charles are fighting in his head, he unlocks phoenix and she does what she always does, scream and annihilate people.

it feels like a B movie with decent special effects. i didnt get triggered by it like the modern capeshit for some reason. feels like 90s stuff

>doesnt tell Magneto hes his son
what a fucking cocktease, i couldnt believe it

LOL saving it for the next Magneto is really bad this time but then has a change of heart ending

Quicksilver house scene was cool. Nothing else was good.

dofp > first class > apocalypse

it would be hard to find someone that disagrees with this

>watching x-men
>four horsemen starts playing

Quicksilver in general was pretty fun

I have a fetish for McAvoy in that lilly sweater.

Olivia Munn's character was probably the worst i've seen in a capeshit movie yet
>Delivered her lines awkwardly
>Power made no sense
>That 2 minute leaving scene

What? Can you describe it

Some suited dudes are walking around in Stryker's base, they get a vial of blood from a freezer labeled WEAPON X DNA or something similiar and put it in a suitcase with several different other vials, and then there's a closeup of the suitcase closing with ESSEX CORP imprinted on it

>What? Can you describe it

why not look for it on youtube ya idiot.

Get out of here Mike, you're drunk