Jason Isaacs will be the captain in Star Trek Discovery

>Jason Isaacs will be the captain in Star Trek Discovery

EMERGENCY TREK THREAD EVERYBODY GET IN HERE

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/03/star-trek-discovery-captain-jason-isaacs-cast-1202038246/
youtu.be/Km5qVwZvjm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He would make a fantastic Lan Mandragoran.

>best Hook will be in Star Trek.

Cool.

Isn't the captain going to be ignored in favour of the women lieutenant?

what about the black lady?is she no longer the captain?

is Sasha from TWD still gonna be in this_?

It's Star Trek, they always have big casts. I highly doubt they will only focus on one character after the first few episodes.

>a fucking white male

wow how original

>Tell me about, Alpha Centauri

Am I the only Trekker who doesn't want STD to happen?

It seems primed for failure at this point.

Would you recommend this dudes Peter Pan movie user?

I've been out of the loop, what makes you say that?

I was really looking forward to new Star Trek...now I'm worried.

Now create a new alien species Sup Forums

He will be the dullest captain in the history of Star Trek captains

TELL ME ABOUT...OHIO

Source:
deadline.com/2017/03/star-trek-discovery-captain-jason-isaacs-cast-1202038246/

Interesting comment section there.

Disclaimer: I have not seen Isaacs in anything.

I don't like him.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I hate Peter Pan, but this movie was kinda worth seeing for him. They made the whole 'secuding Wendy to join him' a lot more believable than Disney did anyway,

He's actually a very good actor. Just miscast for this.

But the show will likely flop anyways so meh

Is it still only available on CBS's online subscription thing?

the show is either going to be about the klingon federation cold war or massacre at tarsus iv

So what if it is? Why aren't you willing to pay for fresh Trek?

He has been in a lot of stuff, there is little chance that you have not seen him in something.

>Bryan Fuller was attached to this
>not anymore

Oh man, for real? What a waste. I would have loved to see Star Trek: Magic Realism Edition.

Why does he wear the mask?

i have a feeling he'll be killed off in the first season or even first episode and replaced by the woman.

But why are people pushing this? We've had a female captain before, it's nothing new or shocking. If you want a female captain, just cast one from the outset.

Bitch will never be able to live up to Janeway anyway.

>Bitch will never be able to live up to Janeway anyway.

yeah no one will ever be that horrendous of a leader.

Black and female captains destroyed the ratings of the series. Then they inserted a white male captain when the series was doomed just so that he could take all the blame for Star Trek dying.

Because Hillary was supposed to win

She was gloriously crazy and fantastic to watch. I adore her.

Let's be honest, it's refreshing from all the 'perfect stronk wymen' we see nowadays.

This really makes me sad, since I don't think Star Trek had that problem with Sisko and Janeway. I hate this generation, Sup Forums.

This is the first and only good news I heard involving Star Trek Disaster.

You've never watched The Patriot? Get the fuck outta here

You don't like Nicholas Meyer? Dumb casual.

Go away Nicholas.

She was never going to be the captain senpai

>never watche Harry Potter
Wtf

Hello to Jason Isaacs!

He was the evil british dude that killed based mels kid in The Patriot.

Yep Sasha from Walking Dead is in this now, which means that Sasha is about to get raped by Lucille.

I've never understood how they planned on making the first officer the "main character". None of them really have lives outside of work since they're on a fucking spaceship, so it'll have to be an ensemble cast.

youtu.be/Km5qVwZvjm8

He would have made a perfect Cardassian.

It'll be on Netflix outside of the US.

>All Jewish executives at CBS
>Hire homosexual degenerate Bryan Fuller to make new Star Trek
>Says it's going to be the most "progressive" Star Trek ever
>Makes sure the captain is a Jew so the goyim know who is in charge

OF COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOURSE

I don't see how it's hard to do. Just focus on one character more than usual. In every serie they focused more on the captain even though they had episodes dedicated to other members of the crew.
Are you going to tell me TOS didn't have a Kirk biais, TNG a Picard biais and DS9 a Sisko biais?

>Jason Isaacs was born in Liverpool to Jewish parents.

he really looks western European, like Bono

Trekkers don't get STDs.

kirk was a jew

I'd have cast him as the doctor, or something other than captain

Wars AND Trek?

Is that ...legal?

>You're a clever girl, harry

>HP

Go fuck you're self

>People here probably didn't know Isaacs is in Armageddon too as the scientist talking about placing a grenade in the palm of their hands.

That's not Bob Peck.

he died

Jason Issacs replaced Bob Peck in the Directors Cut of Jurrasic Park ala Star Wars Hayden Christensen replaced old fuck Vader in ghost shot ending scene. Do your research

>Star Trek discovery is another prequel
The last piece of media in the Star Trek franchise to advanced the prime universe plot/timeline was Nemesis. That was in 2002.

Jesus fucking Christ.

why cant they let it die and come up with something new? Why did they bring back Han Solo to killy him?

when I read OP
I immediately thought of his role as doctor in event horizon

did he survive that movie? or did they all lose their minds/#bloodorgy4ever? I can't remember

I think his most recent work was on the OA

>DR CLEVER GIRL
>I"M OA

he died

Both William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy are/were Jewish.

I hope they make the show enjoyable for those that have never watched anything Star Trek before

NO

>Roger Ebert gave the film 2 stars out of 4, stating, "The script creates a sense of foreboding and afterboding, but no actual boding."[17] Washington Post critic Stephen Hunter wrote,"If you want to have that Event Horizon experience without spending the seven bucks, try this instead: Put a bucket on your head. Have a loved one beat on it vigorously with a wrench for 100 minutes. Same difference, and think of the gas you'll save

hahahhahahahahaahah

But that's not Dustin Hoffman.

Why not? You want them spouting dumb ass shit every 10 minutes to appease all the fat trekkie neckbeard virings?

BECAUSE, I don't want them spouting dumb ass equality/lgbt/niggerloving ass shit every 10 minutes to appease all the SJW "Imanerdgirl" demographic. Get your own fucking franchise you cuck. LEAVE OURS ALONE

You've misunderstood me, user. I just want it to be a fresh start, instead of relying on past Star Trek stuff. I want it to be its own story.

NO