Who was better?

who was better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwNe6nuLmA
dnaindia.com/sports/report-from-cristiano-ronaldo-to-lionel-messi-top-quotes-about-marquee-premier-futsal-player-paul-scholes-2226981
alexcarey89.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/footballs-greatest-praise-paul-scholes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i'm a man utd lifelong fan and even i would say gerrard

Frank

Gerrard EZ. Scholes is a meme who does nothing.

Lampard is great. One of the greatest ever.

Gerrard wins it because he wins them. He'll step up when it really counts. Lampard was also never a leader + he chose to play against his club which is kindda fucked up.

Gerrard had offers from top leagues but turned them down so that he'd never play against Liverpool (+ the comfy LA life).

Finally, Gerrard played as CB, DM, CM, Winger, CAM, and Striker. Lampard played as CAM and that's it. He was undoubtedly a better CAM than Gerrard (except maybe when Gerrard had Torres). But Gerrard was as complete as they come.

Scholes was non-existent. A busquets like meme.

>this flag

Opinion discarded.

Gerrard simply because he is irreplaceable in Liverpool.

Scholes and this isn't even a contest

Lampard>Scholes>Gerrard

scholes was overrated.

the hipsters only started latching onto him as some sort of midfield messi since he retired.

you sound about 15

>He'll step up when it really counts

Stevie > Lampard = Scholes

scholes easily

Scholes > lamps >>>> slippy

Lampard because he isn't a dirty Northern nonce.

Scholes, no contest.

>He'll step up when it really counts.
Slippy G is enough to tell me otherwise. And Lampard's record in the big games and quarters/semis/finals shits on Gerrard's.
>Lampard was also never a leader
Doesn't need an armband to be one.
>he chose to play against his club which is kindda fucked up.
Muh one club argument means fuck all in a conversation about which player is better.
>Lampard played as CAM and that's it.
Kek. Dumb scouser.

Gerrard > Lampard > Scholes

People don't seem to realise how shit Liverpool were compared to Chelsea and United. Gerrard was the only reason Liverpool were considered one of the "big four".

>Big Games
>Quarters
>Semis
>Finals

When did lampard score in a final or quarter or semi that the rentbois wound up winning?

Gerrard>Lampard>>>Scholes

Stevie > Scholes > Fat Frank

Who scored the most from midfield?

Against barca in semi the year they won cl?

i.e. the >Torres semi.

and somehow that beats Olympiakos blooter, Istanbul Header, West Ham equalizer?

Scholes has become ridiculously overrated since he retired. Fucking insane.

Gerrard and Lampard were a tier above them and could drag their entire teams up a level

Fucking thank you

Not the istanbul. But i did answer ur question tho

lampard (middle)

you are 15

The one who played the longest and had the most amount of trophies, simples.

>All these Scholes is overrated millenial fedoraists

Scholes started as a Left Winger/Centre Forward and finished his career as a Deep Lying Playmaker.
All while winning trophies while the other two were jerking each other off before they got rich owners to put super teams around them. Scholes played with his academy friends and unretired to win one more just to show how good he was.

Eat shit ABU revisionist fucks.

How to play central midfielder:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwNe6nuLmA

Scholes receives plaudits from the Spanish, the Brazilians, the English, Tsuu, Messhit, Materazzi's murderer, and everybody the fuck else for a reason: He was too fuckin' smart on and off the ball, didn't miss when he had a chance on goal, and could spray passes all over the fuckin' field.

Slippy G is the biggest memester of the three. I honestly can't comment on Lamps, but there's no way he was better than Scholes.

Scholes also gets a curve for being a manlet.

>>All these Scholes is overrated millenial fedoraists
Seriously, fuck them.

I got dubs and trips so: /thread.

Shut the fuck up. They had xabi, mascherano, torres, kuyt, lucas, arbeloa.

When he wasn't two-footing some cunt, Scholes never made mistakes.

Trips again. This is my finest hour on Sup Forums.

>implying his tackles were mistake and not calculated revenge

>a player that can hit a pass 40 yards on dime can't tackle meme

I think he didn't say anything to dissuade the meme journalism narrative and it managed to keep him on the pitch so many times.

Lampard.

>more goals than Stevie
>more assists than Stevie
>more trophies than Stevie
>more handsome

Lampard is 10x better than Gerrard. Scholes comes second.

I AM A SON OF HADES

I have no doubt Scholes didn't mean to be going for the ball. And I also disagree with the Scholes can't tackle for shit meme.

>Le CM who doesn't track back and hangs around ahead of the Center Forward for tap ins man with the passing ability of a jordan henderson in his prime.

>Scholes receives plaudits from the Spanish, the Brazilians, the English, Tsuu, Messhit, Materazzi's murderer, and everybody the fuck else for a reason:

So why does he have less individual awards and nominations than both Lampard and Gerrard if everyone rated him so much higher?

Reminde that Scholes was 4-5 years older than the other two and played at a high level for much longer and managed to adapt to a deep lying role while the other two fucking retired because too shit for brains to change.

>let me speak in meme to try to make Gerrard seem better

hmm haha. stats dont lie. you want to talk shit about his goals. fine. there's his assists. then there's his trophy count. but no, you have your memes.

they take more shots from midfield that end up as meme blooters but end up on the losing side of the title race more often than not.

There's a big fuckin' difference between awards from the press and official football organizations and plaudits from fellow players. Henry, Zidane, Tsuu, Guardiola, and Xavi have more authority on footballing talent in my eyes than whoever gave whatever awards you're talking about.

>gerrard seem better
Gerrard is worse than lampard though.

He's the like middle ground between Scholes and Lampard except was surrounded with far more elite forwards than either.

>play with fowler, owen, morientes, torres, suarez, and somehow manage to win fuck all league titles.

Gerrard and Lampard are massively more represented in player voted awards not just fan or journalist ones

Footballing talent ultimately has nothing to do with goal-count, assist-count, or award-count. Sorry you're apparently too retarded to make this distinction.

Talk about passing, vision, positioning, shooting, tackling, marking, etc. Otherwise you're missing the point.

>mfw New Zealand's retarded cousin is actually trying to argue that out of the three, Gerrard played in the better teams

so you think like a barcelona faggot? that passes are more important than goals? fuck outta here. stats matter, and they tell a large portion of the story.

Lampard > Gerrard

>actually trying to argue that the quality of liverpool's teams were poorer when they reached back to back UCL finals in the mid 2000s

Hey retard, your underage is showing.

dnaindia.com/sports/report-from-cristiano-ronaldo-to-lionel-messi-top-quotes-about-marquee-premier-futsal-player-paul-scholes-2226981

alexcarey89.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/footballs-greatest-praise-paul-scholes/
>Henry: “I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other ‘stars’.”

Gerrard is often regarded by other greats and managers as one of the (if not the) best midfielders of his generation.

Lampard was elite.

Scholes was decent but overrated. He's the English schweinsteiger. Good, but not great. Hype is all from the English press.

I not saying awards are all that matter, just responding to the post that was saying Scholes received way more plaudits than the other 2 when it is demonstrably false

I said:
>Talk about passing, vision, positioning, shooting, tackling, marking, etc. Otherwise you're missing the point.

You said:
>so you think like a barcelona faggot? that passes are more important than goals? fuck outta here. stats matter, and they tell a large portion of the story.

You're putting the cart before the horse by talking about stats before talking about the talent that does or doesn't produce them.

>Scholes
>the English Schweinsteiger

>english schweinsteiger
>hype
>718 appearances
>11 PL titles
>2 UCL medals
>3 Fifa World Club Champion
>4 FA cups
>3 League Cups
>1 Intercontinental Cup
nice jokes children

All while being a manlet and ginger

>2005 and 2007 are consecutive years

We might be wasting our time on these idiots.

Yeah lets focus on that instead of the fact that they shit on real madrid in that period.

Liverpool had poor teams meme.

Seriously fuck these rawk newcunts trying to rewrite history.

Lampard > Gerrard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scholes

Liverpool had a good side until 2009, while Chelsea and ManUtd kept being splashed by their owners' cash.

Gerrard from 2009 to 2015 played in a West Ham tier team so overall he's the better midfielder for me.

and what did he accomplish from 2009 to 2015? nothing. he played in a worse team, doesn't make him better.

You can get quotes like that for any great player, Scholes isn't special in that regard. Eg first thing that comes up when you google 'Zidane Gerrard quote' is this

>that flag
>this topic
see . liverpool CONSISTENTLY were in the title race before the 2010s began, and only didn't win because United and Chelsea were just a bit better. it's completely incorrect to suggest that Gerrard was better but had a shittier team so that's why he won NOTHING aside from 2005

Lampard is a goal hanger, nothing more. Before Abrahamovic Lampard was nothing.

He won 1 meme cup and reached 2nd place in 2014.

What did Lampard win when he played for West Ham?

was meant for

>just a bit better
They finished 2nd twice, once in 08-09 and once in 14-15
And this meme about them having a bad team from 09-15 is a joke luis suarez finished with more than 30 goals twice that season. The only low point in that period was probably in 10-11 post rafa when their top scorer was dirk kuyt (kek)

that period not season.

Subsequent posters, please answer the following:

Better ball-control:
Better passing:
Better dribbling:
Better vision:
Better positioning:
Better shooting:
Better tackling:

Any reference to goal-count, assist-count, trophy-count, or award-count is missing the point: Who was the more talented footballer?

>Zidane in 2004
You do know that real madrid were dogshit for that period right?

Scholes easily and he didn't even slip in key moments despite playing deeper than the other two.

That Suarez team had Mignolet and Flanagan starting in it and an absolutely dire bench. It had some great plyers in it but it was not a great team

How is that relevant to the point?

>it was not a great team
And united's title winning sides had Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Liam Miller and Bebe in their side, that's no excuse.

>How is that relevant to the point.

Liverpool shit all over Real Madrid, of course you'd want the player who shit all over your team to come play for you.

Everyone who trained with Scholes said he was pure fuckin' class and talent.

Better ball-control: idk
Better passing: Scholes...
Better dribbling: idk
Better vision: Scholes...
Better positioning: Scholes...
Better shooting: Scholes's blooters are superior to Lamps's and Slippy G's - with the exception of >ahhhh ya beauteh and the FA cup one
Better tackling: idk

>of course you'd want the player who shit all over your team to come play for you.

Thanks for backing up my post

Yeah so pretending that Zidane was saying anything outlandish when his team was absolute shit during that period means anything. They were so desperate for success they signed Owen, Beckham and Woodgate during that English supremacy meme years.

My whole point was that quotes mean nothing you mong

You know during that period they also signed Thomas Gravesen right?
I'm sure Zidane was itching to play with a top midfielder such as him.

The Manchester United teams of the 2000s and early 2010s were so much better than liverpoo

I disagree, I think the management was better and they had players with more heart.
iirc Liverpool won most of the matchups between them during that period except for a few comical fuckups by their backline that handed united the victory.

>Liverpool shit all over Real Madrid
>by 2004
Nah.

>in quarters and semis of CL against Liverpool
>against everton in FA cup final
> against bayern in 2005 quarter, both legs
He also scored in CL final even though Chelsea lost that year.

They didn't meet Real Madrid because during that period Real never got past the round of 16.

Actually Manchester united won more

Manchester United from 1999/2000 to 2017/18 20 Wins

Liverpool from that same time frame 12 Wins

>1999/2000
Try 2004-2018

There was a period in the mid 00s to early 10s that United rarely got the better of Liverpool.

Dude, what? Why are you saying that Liverpool shit all over Real Madrid prior to 2004? I thought you were referring to the time when Liverpool 4-0'd them but apparently you think the team never met during 'that time period'.

Ok cousin

From 2003/04 to 2017/18
United wins 17

Liverpool wins 7

Liverpool were a far better team than Real Madrid in that period, stop even pretending.

I just realized something...........

For 10 years, Englel had Gerrard, Lampard, and Scholes in midfield.......

They won nothing. I feel sick.

Scholes retired in 2004 mong.

Because all 3 were shoddily jammed into one side. Scholes was often pushed out to the wing to accomodate Gerrard and Lamps in the middle, which didn't really work out for anyone. England managers were too scared to drop any one and they ended up wasting the potential of all three.

They also had Ferdinand, Terry and Cole in defense.

>Player retires in 2012
>Lel he retired in 2004 monggggg ×d

They could have just asked him back.